Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

595 results found

1. When creating a form using the Submit by email button, and when testing the function, you get the below text as the default body of the email.

“The attached file contains data that was entered into a form. It is not the form itself.

The recipient of this data file should save it locally with a unique name. Adobe Acrobat Professional 7 or later can process this data by importing it back into the blank form or creating a spreadsheet from several data files. See Help in Adobe Acrobat Professional 7 for more details.”

It's crucial to be able to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In many industries, fillable forms need to be approved and signed before being sent to be filled. When signing the forms (on the first page) the fillable cells are extremely slow, there is a 6 seconds wait between filling one cell and being able to type on the next one. On long forms with hundreds of fillable boxes, it is time-consuming and not feasible to use for companies. It slows productivity and increases the frustration in the user. I see it as a huge issue to be fixed as soon as possible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have managed to reproduce this bug consistently and have also determined what may be causing it. I currently can't open ANY hyperlinks in PDF files without freezing the Acrobat Pro DC program and having to force close it.

1) Testing different options / configurations in the preferences has had no change on the bug.
    2) Choosing different browsers for windows 10 Pro to use has had no change.
    3) While having the PDF open and exiting Creative Cloud I am allowed to open hyperlinks. Re-opening Creative Cloud with the PDF open and then trying the hyperlink will freeze the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. With the shift of storing files on an on-premise server to the cloud, the need to edit pdf files directly in the cloud becomes bigger. For a couple of years customers are asking if it is possible to for example sign or add comments to a pdf file directly into Microsoft Teams or SharePoint without first download or sync the files to your device, but has not been possible. Hope to see this capability/app soon!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Having the option to have date field written as opposed to just numerical, ie: December 21, 2020

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It's fundamentally broken. I have been trying to use it for the past two days and encountering all sorts of bugs with the prepare form and adobe sign portions of the app.

Here's another example:

I added form fields for signer (I gave up trying to have prefill form fields--they would just DISAPPEAR in the signing form). Fields included:
    Signature
    Title
    Name
    Date
    I tested the form by sending it myself as the signer. In the resulting form I ended up only with Signature, Title, and Date. For some reason Adobe sign would ignore and remove the NAME field from…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have a fillable pdf form which is used for different activities, so the form remains the same but the information is different and several forms need to be combined into the same pdf document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. If a fillable PDF is created from a Word document (perhaps even if created natively in Acrobat Pro), and it is filled in or signed by a 3rd party tool (e.g. Preview in macOS, iOS, iPadOS), the PDF is no longer rendered correctly in Adobe Reader, Adobe Acrobat Standard, or Adobe Acrobat Pro. HOWEVER it is faithfully rendered in Acrobat for iOS or Acrobat for iPadOS, or in a web browser (e.g. Chrome) or a built-in viewer like OneDrive. To fix Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat, you have to turn off the "Show border hover color for fields" but this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Can you please add the ability to let the user set a different 'default' font type, size, colour when creating forms? It adds significantly to the time used creating forms to have to change the font for every single text/field added.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Is it really that hard to auto save PDFs? It's ridiculous that in 2020 my PDFs don't save to original documents as I work. Thanks for wasting my time and losing hours of work.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Implement a standard option for removing all Tooltips at once without the need for Javascript.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When a valid date is entered using a format different from the format specified by the form date field, Acrobat automatically converts this to the specified format on-screen. However the saved data remains in the originally-entered (incorrect) format.

Example: Field Name: "DateOfBirth" Format: mm/dd/yyyy

Entered: "12 Aug 2002" Form displays: "08/12/2002" following entry

It APPEARS the date was converted to the specified format.

Export Data saves this as: ... <</T(DateOfBirth)/V(12 Aug 2002)>> ...

This indicates the original entry was saved, not the converted date.

This SHOULD be saved as: ... <</T(DateOfBirth)/V(03/12/2002)>> ...

When returning to the DateOfBirth field the display…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Adobe Pro needs to have a feature to create expandable drop down lists. I have seen it in other products, but it fits well with the PDF Pro.

I would like to be able to create easy drop down check lists, divided by topic, so the user can expand the form in the areas they need. This will reduce time for the customer to have to scroll through the document to find what they are looking for and will increase the functionality of the document.

I would like it to contain a plus box and minus box, so people can…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Dear Adobe Acrobat developers,

I constantly use check boxes and radio buttons in my forms. I put them right over the desired box (mostly designed in ID) which also have labels (also designed in ID) right next to them. In order to make the label a clickable zone just like the check boxes it would be oh so cool to expand the box right or left aligned until it fully covers the label underneath. Maybe the attached PDF can explain that better. Thanks for your feedback, Ralf

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I do not feel I have a unique situation, and thus worthy of a resolution. When creating multi page forms, I start with a template, and alter the information to each unique situation (like a date..) When merging these into a portfolio, the file is no longer EASILY linkable on a web site, nor sent via cloud link. If I create a binder, the "shared" fields" auto fill from one form to the next. This is not desired, as the individual information changes from form to form. Yes, I know I can change the field names on each form and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Forms of Ministry of Corporate affairs form properly not opening in the Acrobat Pro DC. Please make all MCA forms compatible,in Pro DC.,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I seem to have got on to a trial for Adobe DC that expires in three days but I already subscribe to that so confusion somewhere.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hi,

Could you add a number of week (w) in the list of ACCEPTED VALUES FOR PORTIONS OF DATES in Acrobat Pro DC?
    Examples:
    - ww-yyyy (38-2020)
    - ww-yy (38-20)
    - ect.
    It will be helpful for PDF files which contain date field in this format and it needs to be editable (manually by an operator and automatically generated in Acrobat Pro DC) each time when PDF files are opened for a print or any other job.
    It is not possible to get this format of a date even with option Custom in Prepare Form/Format/Date/Custom.

Thank you in advance and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Why not have a PDF LIBRARY of forms like MICROSOFT WORD has a library of letter and forms just call them up and fill in ..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When creating a pdf using the Prepare Form function, text boxes that are created separately and have separate fillable fields associated with them are automatically grouped together after saving and then reopening the pdf. This creates a problem when trying to format the document. I need to be able to move each text line/box separately to format, but when the text lines/boxes get automatically grouped together, I lose the ability to format each individual text line/box. I have tried to re-separate the individual text lines into separate text boxes, but when I save the pdf and reopen it, the text…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?