Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

598 results found

1. Hi,

Could you add a number of week (w) in the list of ACCEPTED VALUES FOR PORTIONS OF DATES in Acrobat Pro DC?
    Examples:
    - ww-yyyy (38-2020)
    - ww-yy (38-20)
    - ect.
    It will be helpful for PDF files which contain date field in this format and it needs to be editable (manually by an operator and automatically generated in Acrobat Pro DC) each time when PDF files are opened for a print or any other job.
    It is not possible to get this format of a date even with option Custom in Prepare Form/Format/Date/Custom.

Thank you in advance and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Why not have a PDF LIBRARY of forms like MICROSOFT WORD has a library of letter and forms just call them up and fill in ..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When creating a pdf using the Prepare Form function, text boxes that are created separately and have separate fillable fields associated with them are automatically grouped together after saving and then reopening the pdf. This creates a problem when trying to format the document. I need to be able to move each text line/box separately to format, but when the text lines/boxes get automatically grouped together, I lose the ability to format each individual text line/box. I have tried to re-separate the individual text lines into separate text boxes, but when I save the pdf and reopen it, the text…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. For many years i was developing Livecycle Forms for SMB . Why did Adobe cancel the product?
    Has anyone ever thought about how big the market is for i.e. handymens etc. to use dynamic formulars in their business? But they cannot afford an AEM license with server components etc.! It seems to be a very short termed look. Everyone is talking about digitalization. But noone seemed to have done an analysis of market segments and opportunities. The world consists of more than banks and world market players. Thx for any feedback.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. For people using Adobe Acrobat PDF forms for schedules, breakdowns or quick lists, having a form's fields link when pages are duplicated poses a huge issue for usability. Having an option within the program to unlink form fields across pages would be a great help for these uses.

For example:
    I have a single page form with 20+ fields to help organize shot lists for film scenes. It contains check boxes, drop down menus and input image fields related to a specific shot in a specific scene. I want to be able to duplicate this page within the document and…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In "Prepare Form" form fields are sometimes auto-generated with names that contain leading space e.g. " _2b". These fields looks innocent in user interaction. But when one want to manipulate them in javascript, they are listed out in getNthFieldName() yet invisible in getField(), thus blocking the automation.

Solution 1: allow leading/trailing space in getField()
    Solution 2: trim field names in form field auto-generation

Implement both would be best.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I work in InDesign. I create the form and place the various fields. When I export to interactive PDF, the default text field properties include "Check spelling" = yes. I have to edit all the text fields to change "Check spelling" = no. Please allow default text field properties to be changed GLOBALLY and PERMANENTLY.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When adding or trying to add a comment; the comment box maximize and I cannot go back to the pdf unless I exit Adobe and re-open it. It happens every time. I'm using MacOS Catalina.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Identical to this problem: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/19583785-combining-pdf-documents-results-in-unprintable-cha

After combining multiple documents, instead of characters showing up as expected when viewing in Acrobat, they show as boxes. When previewing in Edge, Chrome, Nitro, they appear as expected. It has been shown to be version agnostic as well as OS agnostic replicating the issue on Windows and Mac as well as different versions of Acrobat including the most recent patched version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. On fillable form being sent out to individuals would like the ability for the receiving party to attach a document to the completed fillable form and both be returned to us at the same time.Acrobat Pro DC does not offer a field under the Actions tab, Add, of a Text box for a File>Attach File.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bug: Very slow to move form fields and copying formfields to another pdf pastes them 90 degrees fault

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The Acrobat DC is really **** .. I Fill up the Form 3 times and as I save it... it non editable and can't upload anywhere because of encryption

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I want to be able to take a filled out and digitally signed (by somebody else) form and save it as an unfilled and unsigned version of itself.

Many times I have had to go searching over slow company intranet for a blank unsigned version of a form because the only ones I have locally are signed versions. I've even had to re-do letters from scratch because either I didn't save a blank version, or accidentally saved over the blank copy without thinking about it. I know that we can't clear a signature that is not our own, but would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. On the smart phone apps iPhone/android I want to be able to save my file as a different name and it saves over top of my original form

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would like my pdf document to generate a new number every time it opens. Number appears on each document when printed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When exporting form data from within an open PDF, the available formats do not include CSV. The ability to export to CSV exists within the feature "merge data files into spreadsheet", this is not convenient in workflows were incremental data is received and needs to be added to an existing list. There should be an option to do this while the file is open. Also suggest adding this to the file - export menu.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Mac OSX, Adobe Acrobat PRO DC (Build: 20.9.20067.384717)

I am working on improving some pdfs at work, in one of these there are two fields for the user to input numbers (currency), but the field type number does not include any format that is correct way of formatting numbers in Norway.

I need the thousand separator to be space and the decimal separator to be comma, the only options in the form field settings is
    1'123.10
    not the one I need, and that is correctly format for most numbers in Norway (expected result):
    1 123,10

Instead…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. it does allow me to save the document with all of my edits. After that the images start going blank. Someone help me, please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?