Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

595 results found

1. It would be great to have a PDF form be populated by dragging and and dropping a CSV (or other format) file onto it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Thank you for your suggestion. We shall inform our team on this.

Could you also share more information on how exactly would you want this to work and what workflow of yours, impact this idea.

2. PDF's when opened will sometimes crash the whole Adobe Acrobat Pro program. They open afterward, but the event viewer shows a fatal error of some kind. I copied four of these into the attached text document.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Thank you for reporting the issue. We regret you facing inconvenience.

We would need more details on steps to reproduce the issue. And do you experience it on Win or MAC or both.

Share the version of acrobat you are using. You can do so using the link -https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

And also share the test PDF file using forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7161 for us to investigate further.

-Bhavna

3. I have a problem, I have PDF pro and I have edited a pdf document, and saved it, then when I copy and try to paste to another pdf document it will not carry over my edited additions to the document. but when i go back and see my edited document my additions are still there, it just wont copy an paste the complete new document

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Could you please elaborate what are you copying from source PDF to the result PDF.
    Are these text? Or are these Form Fields?

Please share more details.

4. It would be nice if the Adobe Document Cloud extension for SharePoint enabled PDF forms to be interactive and fillable as they are by default in IE. At our company, we use a lot of pdf forms daily that are interactive/fillable/submittable/printable, etc. This kind of functionality only works if our users are in IE. But not all users use IE. We want the same functionality to exist in Chrome/other browsers for a seamless experience. Please add some functionality to this extension that allows these forms to do so.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. when converting pdf to word document my fillable form which has areas to check boxes off wont work on the word document after i convert it from a pdf? but it will work on pdf? how do i fix this? what are the steps to take to figure out how to keep the formating of the check boxes on the word document i am converting to from PDF

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. My tab order is correct under "prepare form" but when I preview it is incorrect. The issue occurs when I tag the document. I am unable to change the tab order. If I try to change the reading order by dragging items around other items will jump around and it creates a mess that's worse than what I started with. I have to choose between an untagged pdf that is a fillable form with correct tab order or a tagged pdf that is still technically a fillable form, but with a weird reading order and tab order. Please fix this.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a function to Adobe Acrobat Pro Create Forms, so that when a character limit is applied to a text box a counter appears to indicate the remaining number of characters available to the user.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. i would like to split page but every time i get the error message

( you cant change the security of the document because the document is signed or certified )

i would like also to add my signature but cant because the add signature button is not clickable at all,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for reporting the issue. We regret you facing inconvenience.

Seems the PDF documents have restrictions w.r.t page extractions and signing operations. Please check Document Properties (CTRL+D or CMD+D) > Security and see if any document security is applied.
    If you are not the author of the PDF, you will need to contact him/her to.

Please share the version of acrobat you are using. You can do so using the link -helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product..

And also share the test PDF file using forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7161 for us to investigate further if this does not resolve your issue.

-Bhavna

9. There is currently no way to get the tab order of fields in a PDF file via JavaScript. While it is possible to set it by creating fields in the desired order, there is no way of getting the order of already available fields – only alphabetically. Giving the Field object a new property or reading out another sorted list would solve this.

Also, this link is currently on 404:
    https://help.adobe.com/livedocs/acrobat_sdk/9/Acrobat9_HTMLHelp/JS_Dev_Overview.71.1.html (linked here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/javascript.html)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You will not be able to edit the PDF file created from Adobe LiveCycle Designer in Acrobat

You need separate application.

11. Have a file specifically for recovered files. I just lost 4 hours worth of work because the program crashed and the file reverted!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Forms made in Acrobat Pro DC on a Mac running High Sierra, OS 10.13.6. When specifying fields 'required' any text entered doubles up when printed on a pc.
    Tried changing field background colour to white to block out doubled text, but cannot make the fields non-transparrant

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I wish the fill form tool to be added when I send the fillable form because some customer use pdf viewer on smart phone and not adobe acrobat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. You are offering me the option of continuing a cancelled subscription for Acrobat DC.

I used to be able to edit a document that had block fill spaces in it by using the Text editing option for alligning the blocks.

This does not exist any more.

I had to highlight all the blocks on the page. Then I entered the details. This was followed by placing spaces inbetween to align each character per block.

I have 4 days left to make the annual purchase but if this is what is being offered then I will revert to filling a document…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In Forms having a signature that requires a save every time is too much when their is multiple signatures especially when the form does not change between signing. the fill and sign is better however it does not work with the button reset a form. So having a field form similar to the text but allows the user to write by pen or finger that is also clear able should be an option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be helpful to be able to resize the Button Properties window in Adobe Acrobat Pro. Currently the window barely has enough room to display the contents. Resizing would help allow for much quicker form preparation workflows, for example, making the window larger could help minimize the need to constantly use the scrollbars in the Actions tab.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Since there's a push to make publically available PDF's meet ADA accesibility standards, we've been creating the base form fields in inDesign and then doing finishing touches in Acrobat Pro. It's annoying enough that you can't set formatting in the base doc (ie if it should be a number, date, percentage etc). The fact that there's no way to format multiple fields at once is worse. If more than one field is selected, the "format" tab literally disappears from the properties menu.

I'd just copy the original fields to preserve their settings, but then I'd have to do a lot…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please make this feature optional per document, its very useful in some cases but a right pain when not required i.e. large documents containing scanned text.

please, please, pretty please can this be sorted?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes

We're glad you're here