Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

595 results found

1. It would be great to have the Layers feature in Acrobat. That way a person could always have signatures visible and not hidden behind a form field!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Since the 6/6/23 update, has anyone else noticed that the new "Alternate Description for Links" field does not work? Text can be entered into the field but screen reader does not read. Tested with JAWS 2023, 2022, and NVDA (2023.1.0.27913).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please change the update back to allow Save As to be functional upon PDF pop up instead of having to access the file in Windows File Explorer to save and rename. What a disjointed process.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When asking field properties on Mac French version :
    The text in the bottom of the windows appears in a wrong position.
    You need to do a screen copy, then, with Aperture or other, you need to do a vertical switch to see correctly the text.
    MBP Retina 15 inches, mid 2015 - macOs Monterey 12.6.5
    Acrobat Continuous Release - Version 2023.001.20177

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In order to keep PDF forms as clean and short as possible, it is often helpful to hide pages in a form unless they are needed. The only current way to accomplish this is to write a Javascript that retrieves a template using this script: var a = getTemplate("");a.spawn(); the template however goes to the end of the form instead of the desired location. The template also changes the text box names ruining the functionality of the boxes. This could be fixed by better Javascript instructions or even better an option to accomplish this task in the text box actions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Using the Combine function does not work like it use to. Now when us the Combine function it does the following:
    1. Open Abode -> Combine function
    2. Move the documents that I would like to combine to be one PDF document
    3. Select the Combine button
    4. Adobe will start processing, but it will try to save the first document as a PDF and Word will try to print the document, not sure why.
    5. If I do nothing (waiting for the App to continue processing the other documents) Adobe will not get past the first document.
    6. I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The datetime field is not working in Polish version of Adobe Acrobat Pro 32 and 64 bit - Windows 11. After clicking on the field, a small button should appear. After clicking this button, a calendar should pop up. In my case, nothing is happening. But it works properly on English version of Adobe Acrobat Pro.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When creating a form and using the Execute Menu Item->Submit a Form in order to email the completed form to someone when they click on a link, the following message appears, even though PDF is selected in the Submit Form Selections:

"The attached file contains data that was entered into a form. It is not the form itself. The recipient of this data file should save it locally with a unique name. Adobe Acrobat Professional 7 or later can process this data by importing it back into the blank form or creating a spreadsheet from several data files. See Help…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. You have implemented this feature 5 years ago https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/19741672-add-an-addional-field-type-picture-field-in-the

It seems like the feature is thus far undocumented: https://opensource.adobe.com/dc-acrobat-sdk-docs/pdfstandards/PDF32000_2008.pdf

Would it be possible that you could document it in your next iteration of the pdf specs so that we can have a chance of it working in other software as well?

I have tested and the feature works in both acrobat and foxit, but when I load the document in any browser, the picture insertion field does not work...

I can't believe it if I am the only one facing this brick wall...

We are an NGO with the purpose…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Right now the user has to dig through various TEMP folders in Windows in order to MAYBE find the document they spent hours working on before the program or Windows crashed.

The problem is that TEMP files are usually scratched after a reboot, so this means NIL former versions.

Other programs like MS WORD will show to recovered, unsaved documents prompt from a crash like this.

Why in 2023, is this not a feature in this commonly used program?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. You should be able to set the defaults for the rich text paragraph settings. Currently if my users delete the text in a form field to enter their own input they have to us the hotkey to bring up the rich text properties, click more, and then choose "text middle/bottom/top" to get the desired layout.

As the form creator I should be able to set these for a form field the same way I can set the alignment, Left/center/right/justified.

Text Centered vertically is very useful for certain forms and needs to be possible even for multi line inputs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be helpful for Adobe to allow duplication of signature fields across multiple pages. It is not uncommon for signatures to be required on multiple pages of a document that will get printed and distributed in parts such as work schedules, engineering drawings, etc. Allowing the signer(s) to be able to sign once and have it carry throughout is handy and available in other pdf programs. I am using Adobe Acrobat DC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The option "Delete Empty Tags" is still visible within the Acrobat UI and has been broken since an update was pushed September 2020. I understand from working through the Admin Console that there are no plans to fix this.

"Delete Empty Tags" is a very important function for PDF remediation. Since this option was broken three years ago, remediators have to manually delete each empty tag.

Please bring this back.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The option "AutoTag Form Fields" is still visible within the Acrobat UI and has been broken since an update was pushed September 2020. I understand from working through the Admin Console that there are no plans to fix this.

"AutoTag Form Fields" is a very important function for PDF remediation. Since this option was broken three years ago, remediators have to manually tag every form field.

Please bring this back.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. All forms that I personally made with the exception of DA 31s are blank now. I have made all my counseling work back in 2021 and are now showing up blank. All my work from February are blank and I don't know why. This is a real inconvenience as I use all my work as a background for future counselings to make them better. please help

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Every time I add a photo to the boxes where I attach the photo for the report, adobe crashes. I have not had an issue with this until today.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. InDesign allows for the creation of PDF forms, including text fields, but unfortunately, it doesn't allow users to modify the text field as Acrobat can. For instance, I would like to be able to include default text in my forms (text that appears inside the text field after exporting my InDesign document to PDF); to align the text (left, right, center); etc. It also would be nice to be able to export from InDesign to an Acrobat Reader Extended PDF without having to do so from Acrobat. Adding these Acrobat capabilities to InDesign would be a huge time saver.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Right now I use PAGE LABELS to split a pdf into single page .eps, or .tiff files, but it won't do it for PDF files. I want to be able to make an action that when I use PAGE LABELS, split a multi page PDF file into single PDF Files. I don't want to click 12 times and go to tools,organize pages........

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Case # E-000820640
    I am looking for a true "blank" option in a dropdown list with properties that pass a "null" value in Acrobat Pro.

The blank should be filed as a label but should not show as an option in the dropdown.
    I do not want to use a spacebar because it creates a blank option in the dropdown menu which means it’s technically not “null” or empty.
    This can already be done in Microsoft Excel, but Acrobat does not recognize this feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When viewing Properties dialog box of any field provide navigation (forward and back) buttons that move the view to the same Properties tab of the next (or previous) field in the current form being edited.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?