Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

599 results found

1. Adobe Acrobat Pro needs to have the ability to create expandable text field forms that allow the text box to expand when the user types similar to what you can do with Livecycle.

This is a feature that has been requested a lot online. Currently Acrobat Pro only allows multi-line text field forms with a scroll bar, but you cannot create an expanding text field form that increases in the height of the text field to accomodate more text.

The functionality to create this even in Livecycle is too clunky and complicated to use.

389 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  115 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. PDF forms developpers needs to test their forms (created with Acrobat Pro) with Acrobat Reader, so we need to have Acrobat Pro AND Acrobat Reader on the same computer.

Preventing us from doing so is a nonsense that forces us to use competing software (Foxit or PDF Studio).

See these topics:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/cannot-install-acrobat-reader-with-acrobat-pro/td-p/12742576

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-can-i-install-acrobat-pro-and-reader-on-same-device/td-p/12747538

179 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

84 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like to see a "transform" capability similar to InDesign, with a panel or set of boxes in which the actual pixel X & Y coordinates, as well as the dimensions of an object, can be precisely set. Currently, the resolution on this type of placement appears to be set at 2 points, and I would like to be able to fine-tune that to pixels or 10,000ths of an inch as I can in InDesign. That's the basic idea, but read on for rationale.
    I work mainly in InDesign to create pdf forms that I then take into Acrobat…

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  45 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Form endlessly blinks, the text does not show properly as you are typing, very slow if you try to suffer through and use it anyway (color wheel appears after a few clicks). This is only an issue on my new MacBook Pro (M1 with Big Sur). My 2015 iMac with Catalina does not have the same issue.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. For a long time now I have noticed a peculiar bug that only sometimes rears its head. By now I'm pretty sure it is a bug and not something I'm doing wrong, as I've had this same issue appear in multiple AcroForms that I have made, all with different content.

What happens is illustrated well with the screen recording I made, see the attached file.

How to reproduce:

• This is with an AcroForm drop-down field that has about 200 entries.
    • This drop-down field has the options "Allow user to enter custom text" and "Commit selected value immediately" selected.…

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Expandable fields in Acrobat DC/Pro is a necessity especially since users are not able to print all text content from scrollable field boxes. LiveCycle is transitioning out to Adobe Experience manager and this feature should be included within Acrobat DC/Pro in order to provide a smooth transition. It is a feature request that I've seen on message boards for quite a few years. Please take this into consideration.

Thank you!

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow the setting of maximum font size for a field when creating a fillable form. This will prevent huge text in a field if there is a small amount of text but would still allow text to reduce in size automatically to fit within the field if needed.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Form fields blink incessantly on fillable forms, leading to headaches and inability to actually use the form

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. During the process of preparing a fillable form from a template, there are certain style attributes that have to be changed to meet my personal style preferences (e.g. font, check-box/radio-box options, form field attributes, and so on).

Performing these changes on simple forms is not a difficult task but, when dealing with an extensive (e.g. multi-page, multi-field type form) template, this process can be pain-stakeingly tedious and result in lack of continuity.

A feature which would allow the user to change the defaults in the Prepare Form feature so that the fillable form would be created with the user specified…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to set the default font for form fields. Right now I have to go and change the font each time I create a new form field.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Why can I not change the default font in Adobe Acrobat XI Pro from Minion to what I want? The "J" in Minion looks like an "I" and I have a "J" in my company name which is causing problems because it looks like an "I". I know this has been asked before but why is there no answer. Ugh!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Since there's a push to make publically available PDF's meet ADA accesibility standards, we've been creating the base form fields in inDesign and then doing finishing touches in Acrobat Pro. It's annoying enough that you can't set formatting in the base doc (ie if it should be a number, date, percentage etc). The fact that there's no way to format multiple fields at once is worse. If more than one field is selected, the "format" tab literally disappears from the properties menu.

I'd just copy the original fields to preserve their settings, but then I'd have to do a lot…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please fix the problem of flickering fields in fillable forms for Acrobat DC. I experience it on my M1 mac running the latest OS and Acrobat software. The blinking/flickering fields make it impossible to concentrate on my work.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The option to clear all the fields on a form has been removed. I have a form that I re-use for various jobs, and now I must manually clear all of the fields in the form in order to fill it out afresh. The deletion of this feature irritates me mightily.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Hi,

We would like to know, how were you using “clear all fields” option? Was it a button or a menu item?

Refer: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/pdf-form-field-properties.html#actions_tab_for_form_field_properties

Reader cannot “Edit/Modify” PDF and hence “Reset Form” is not available in Reader. As long as you didn’t save the form (as you mentioned), you can use the following command in Acrobat Reader: File > Revert.

“Clear Form/Reset Form” can only be added via Acrobat. You can ask the author of the form to add a button using Form Fields Properties > Actions > Reset Forms.
    And, if you are the author, you can clear it from Tools > Prepare Forms > More Options > Clear Form.

I hope this resolves your issue. If not, please share details for more information.

15. 14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The form fields are constantly blinking.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. i would like to be able to change the font of an interactive text field of a pdf file that i made in adobe indesign.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

You can make use of "Enable Rich Text Field " in Properties panel to make use of formatting options in "Right Click >Sub Menus.

Closing this for now until we have further info on the request. Can revisit later

18. Under the prepare form area, you can add form fields. However, you can't rotate the field box. It always stays straight. I would like to be able to rotate it based on the direction of the image/text in the project.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  7 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ever since the Adobe update several months ago, my application constantly has issues functioning. It regularly crashes and/or is not responsive when I open a file.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The frame that pops up when editing forms (at the right) is a fixed width. Which means, if you have long field names, you have to scroll horizontally back and forth to review and edit.

Would be great if this frame was made adjustable!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?