Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

597 results found

1. the addition calculations are wrong . See attached Picture. How can the total be 11 instead of 12. I even set the default values in the fields as 0, and still junk calculation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ive created a form with about 20 drop down fields as most of these fields wont be used at the same time. When trying to send through adobesign, it restricts me from moving forward because I have "blanks or spaces entered." If there was a null or blank option that would leave the boxes empty vs. having to have the fields/dropdowns all say "please select if applicable," this would give it a much cleaner look

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Have spent about 8 hours remediated a form to make it accessible and now my final version (I have saved 14 versions during editing) will suddenly not allow me to edit the form fields or even enter the "Prepare form" tool. When I open this doc, I immediately get a message that "cannot reflow this page because it contains interactive annotations. I hit OK and then I try to enter form editing and get the "Cannot edit file as a form due to security settings". I didn't set any security limitations and when I try to open/edit security, it grayed…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There is javascript for this but you have to enter it individually for each field and it doesnt work for radio buttons. Please add this as a standard feature. The red boxes are confusing and misleading if a form has been properly filled in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Currently, in the JavaScript API, the Span Object properties only support a subset of the formatting options available in the Properties toolbar. Please add properties to the Span Object to fully support all properties that can be set via the UI.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Prepare Form keeps crashing when I click to open it. Edit is not working either. The program is very slow when opening application/program. The app freezes a lot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I want to change the default highlight color for fillable form boxes. The automatically generated baby blue clashes with all the other colors in my layout. I know I can change it in my personal preferences, but I need to change it for the document so the recipient has the desired viewing experience.
    Users have been asking about this issue for at least seven years now – what's so hard about changing the highlight color for the document (again, NOT my personal settings)? I can change the text and box color once the field is selected, but the default box…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When creating a Binder that includes the same underlying PDF/pages multiple times, it would be great to be able to turn off the feature that puts the same text into the same fields in each PDF. For example, if someone using my Binder has 3 children named John, Jane and Robert, I'd like the ability to say whether when they fill in John on the first page/pdf, it appears in the 2nd and 3rd pages/pdfs or not, without having to create different underlying PDFs with different field names. Thanks for considering this update!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When merging PDf form to CSV file. Chinese text will fail to export.
    will show ... instead of correct Chinese characters. it's been a while. Please help fix this bug, thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When selecting a form field and want to use it for the default, it doesn't allow for the existing decimal place. So, I have to go back and change every number field to eliminate the two decimal default. Also, why can't we just have the default be without any decimals?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Repeatedly, when trying to fill in US Internal Revenue Service forms in Acrobat DC Standard, I get a "bad file handle" message, and am unable to save the completed form. This did not happen with earlier versions of Adobe Acrobat and does not happen if I open the files in Acrobat Reader DC rather than the full version of Acrobat DC. I am using Windows 10.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have several PDF files that I print regularly (together). Some are printed as double-sided, and some are printed as single-sided. When you combine PDFs into one document, there's not an option to keep some printing as double, and some as single. When you hit print and choose the option to print "Double sided," it prints double-sided for all. Wish there was a way to have them combined in one document, but have separate printing properties. May work-around is to add a "blank page" after the single page PDF, but that gets messy. THanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like to have a Text Field Property that would allow presetting of line spacing on multi line text fields. Currently, it appears that it can only be adjusted after there is already text in the field that would be submitted by the form filler.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Megha Jain responded

We value your suggestion/ideas and we will have the engineering notified. Should we need more information inregard to this, we shall connect with you
    Thank you for your patience.

14. The ability to group multiple checkboxes under one name, each with different export values, and retain the ability to select more than one option.

We import/export information from PDF's and our CRM, and there's no way to import checkbox fields because we can't group them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Form Fills are no longer being detected since updated to the new Mac OSX Mojave.

Previous PDF's that I used successfully with the form fill option are no longer having their fields detected. Not a single aspect of the form has the field detected. When preparing a form, it quickly goes through all pages and detects zero form fills.

Need this function for my work, and it's currently crippling me.

:'(

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When I have entered a custom calculation script for a form field and accidentally click one of the other options in that tab or accidentally click to the Validate tab, my whole script just disappears, which is infuriating. Why can you not just leave the script there as is, but obviously don't apply it if another option is clicked. Perhaps a user would like to test different Calculation/Validation options without having their work erased. I am so sick of losing hours of work simply because I mis-clicked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If you create custom radio button element in Indesign it will be rendered wrongly on acrobat pro (and reader) if

Preferences >
    Forms >
    "Show border hover color for fields"

is turned on.

Once you turn that setting off, acrobat renderes the form element as expected.

Attached indd, pdf and two screenshots to demonstrate the behaviour

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I don't want the required fields outlined with a red border when my client opens the form, only when they have completed it if there are any required fields missing. This would seem logical & I cant understand why this isn't already in place?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

You will need to implement keystroke script for this. You can use the Properties dialog > format > Custom options to use.

19. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

You will not be able to edit the PDF file created from Adobe LiveCycle Designer in Acrobat

You need separate application.

20. Have a file specifically for recovered files. I just lost 4 hours worth of work because the program crashed and the file reverted!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?