Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

597 results found

1. I create many forms and every time I create a text field and corresponding form field (whether text box, check box or radio button) I have to move them around separately. the text fields end up grouping together with other unrelated text fields and adjusts line spacing randomly which makes it double-triple work to move around and adjust when laying out the form. Text fields should be left individual with option to merge with other text fields if desired. It takes me way longer to create a form than necessary because i have to constantly readjust the line spacing and…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Thank you for report your concern. I have forwarded your request to the engineering team. We will reach out to you if we need more information.

2. The field view is entirely too small to manually edit tab order. This should either be a separate pane or perhaps a pop-out window. I easily have over 100 fields on one page and it's impossible to order them as I need to (by column, within a section or rows of fields). Default tab ordering structures (By Row, By Column) are not useful here. Need more flexibility to set tab order manually.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

I have forwarded your request to engineering. It will be picked up after prioritization. We will contact you if we need some more information on this.
    Thank you for your patience

3. I created a form in Acrobat DC Pro, distributed and collected the form successfully. In the collection window, Any field filled up in Arabic shows up properly – see screenshot (Collected-results-with-Arabic.jpg).
    However when I export all results to .csv format so I can compare all results, any Arabic text will display as dots – see screenshot (arabic-in-excel.jpg)

I performed all above steps on Mac and Windows using Acrobat Pro DC 15.23.20056.213124 with similar results

Arabic text should be readable in the exported .csv file

Arabic text is converted to dots upon exporting all data from the form collection window.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be helpful to be able to resize the Button Properties window in Adobe Acrobat Pro. Currently the window barely has enough room to display the contents. Resizing would help allow for much quicker form preparation workflows, for example, making the window larger could help minimize the need to constantly use the scrollbars in the Actions tab.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Adobe acrobat pro is working porly after the new big update. i can hardly work in the program with outh it freezing.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. After last update, there is a change in how creating form is working. Form editing (creatin) now contain text edit, which is for me higly unwanted feature, since there is no turn on/off. I am editing 30+ fields in once and selecting all of them is impossible. My form has lot of text boxes and while creating pdf, i dont need them to edit anymore. I just want to edit form fields. Once you mouse down or mouse up on any text, it will ruin the multiple select of fields and start editing text. We are using old version becasue…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In Prepare Form, why can't I use the Select Object Tool to select multiple fields with a marquee anymore? I've always used it in the past but every time I use it now, it automatically switches to Edit Text & Images, which I don't want it to do. This change supposed to be an "improvement" in the most recent update of Acrobat DC, but it has made my job both harder and take longer. Evidently, there's no way turn off Edit Text & Images when you're in Prepare Form, so you're just stuck editing fields without using a marquee to…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. My tab order is correct under "prepare form" but when I preview it is incorrect. The issue occurs when I tag the document. I am unable to change the tab order. If I try to change the reading order by dragging items around other items will jump around and it creates a mess that's worse than what I started with. I have to choose between an untagged pdf that is a fillable form with correct tab order or a tagged pdf that is still technically a fillable form, but with a weird reading order and tab order. Please fix this.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Currently there is no easy way to create a form from scratch with numerous lines and fields. It is easier to create it in Word and then export it, but then there are issues with editing and aligning field boxes to the text. Please make a feature to snap the text boxes to field boxes so they line up perfectly and quickly.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When converting a .pdf into a fillable form ('Prepare Form') please create an option to set properties so that Acrobat will always apply my preferred properties as the default.

It is inefficient to always convert the font and other properties to the settings I prefer for the forms I design.

I am aware I can set defaults for fields once the form is prepared and then duplicate this in a given form. I am also aware that I can multiple-select fields and change the properties for a group. However, I'd like a more efficient default-setting option, please.

EG: I use…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I need Adobe Reader DC on Ubuntu, because it's the only pdf reader who can open and edit pdf files with forms (xml embeeded).
    I am forced to use Windows only for this application: Adobe Reader. And only to fill in a pdf tax form and send it to my local administration.
    Maybe there is a way to create a payed version of Adobe Reader for Linux users.
    Thank you!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. For people using Adobe Acrobat PDF forms for schedules, breakdowns or quick lists, having a form's fields link when pages are duplicated poses a huge issue for usability. Having an option within the program to unlink form fields across pages would be a great help for these uses.

For example:
    I have a single page form with 20+ fields to help organize shot lists for film scenes. It contains check boxes, drop down menus and input image fields related to a specific shot in a specific scene. I want to be able to duplicate this page within the document and…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please create a feature so that Microsoft excel can be used as a data source for merging fillable PDFs form.

Customers are asking for this feature, please incorporate an easy to use (without needing to write script) solution.

The common community forum answer when customers are looking for this feature is referral to a 3rd party.

We definitely want and need this to be incorporated into Acrobat.

Thank you.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There is currently no way to get the tab order of fields in a PDF file via JavaScript. While it is possible to set it by creating fields in the desired order, there is no way of getting the order of already available fields – only alphabetically. Giving the Field object a new property or reading out another sorted list would solve this.

Also, this link is currently on 404:
    https://help.adobe.com/livedocs/acrobat_sdk/9/Acrobat9_HTMLHelp/JS_Dev_Overview.71.1.html (linked here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/javascript.html)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I created a nice form, loaded it to the web, tested it and when I clicked the "Submit" button - nada! Researched, tried other methods and when I finally called support, I was told that Acrobat DC can't/won't email completed pdf forms from the web! But maybe it would work if I could find someone who could code the javascript for me. So I found the javascript (I can do some coding) and this.maildoc() doesn't work.

Why bother with this? It was a huge waste of time. There are on-line pdf form companies that charge less and claim to offer…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I hate the new interface and I hate so badly that there's this lag now when I'm using the program!!!!! Why in the world did you change what wasn't broken? Why????????????!!!! FIX THE **** LAGGGGGGG!!!!!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. this upgrade is so much worse. i cant even type on a PDF like before.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. There is currently not a way to align text vertically within a text field. The only alignment options are left, center or right. I would like to be able to have the text align bottom center or center left.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently this is possible through workarounds, but it would be nice if Acrobat natively supported embedding the fonts used in forms, so when users type in the form field, their typed text appears in the designated font face.

(This essentially means bringing Acrobat up to par with online web-based HTML forms with embedded fonts using CSS.)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. This is useful when redundant fields such as pre-populated info from a previously entered field are used. I.e: " Enter Company Name" on a contract is entered and pre populated many times throughout all pages. When tabbing through, these redundant tabs are unnecessary.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?