Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

595 results found

1. I am using 2020.009.20065 release (Italian).
    Input date fields give error Java Script (non valid date and time ...) when choosing dates of May from pop-up calendar. Unable to use pop-up calendar I am forced to input date manually when occours a date from May-01 to May-31 of whichever year.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. "Bas" et "Haut" sont inversés dans l'onglet Position des Propriétés d'un champ d'un formulaire PDF.
    Merci de corriger.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi everyone...

I've made 2 dropdown boxes with a list of name to choose from.
    I named the boxes in different ways but the list of names is the same in both the boxes.
    PROBLEM: when I see the print preview in the two boxes it appears the same choice, even if I made two different choices from the dropdown boxes.
    If I save the PDF file and I open it with other software, the choice is correct and even the print preview its correct. But in Adobe Reader/Acrobat the boxes show the same name so it is impossible to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The hefty subscription price for Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is very soon realized when you discover how many hours you have to spend (and the money lost in that time) to redo text labels because that persistently group together in awkward ways and are of no help when trying to align form objects. How do you provide the ability to align and spread properly for text fields, but not text labels? This is old tech that is just slapped onto newer products. But who cares...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Trying to create a fillable form that anyone can fill and send back however half the people who receive it can't fill it in, depending on what programs they have on their computer I guess..? How can I create a fillable form that everyone can fill out on their phone/computer without requiring specific programs to do it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please add a function to set the page size when creating a PDF form. By default, when you create a form, a Letter-sized page opens, and I need A4. Scaling during printing does not suit me, since the form fields are located in certain coordinates and slide during printing. It is strange that such a function was not done initially.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I need approved insurance and military's documents to Donnie Dewayne Jackson

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please add feature to PDF document to generate a number in sequence every time it is opened. For example, open document and it generates number 001 in top right corner. Input data and print. When document is opened next time 002 appears in top right corner, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Pull data from Oracle Web Based Database(s) similar to SQL Queries run in MS Excel

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I am trying to create a checklist form with several check boxes within a table in MS Word. When I convert to pdf, then use auto form field recognition, it puts tiny text boxes in the check boxes instead of a check box. Tried to get adobe support to help on this only to be informed that acrobat does not support check boxes form field auto recognition in tables. Would love it to do that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Drop down boxes work correctly when completed on Windows. Do not display once completed on a Mac and then reopened in Windows, instead displays first item in list.

Calculations do not work once opened on Mac, and then opened again in Windows

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. (secured) i would like to combine and organize pages and i keep getting the error of secured extremely frustrating when you have 40 docs to organize ,
    even saving the files from chrome is not working
    none of these files are password protected but yet it asks for a password i need this resolved please

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Or rather, it populates the checkboxes correctly as far as the PDF side goes: it sets the /V and /AS of the checkbox objects in /Fields correctly, but it doesn't set the XFA side accordingly, whereas it does for text fields. In the Acrobat window the checkboxes show as correctly marked until I close the file. When I reopen the file with Acrobat or Reader, it gets its display information from the XFA, not from the /Fields (and that may be the real bug here), and so doesn't show the checkboxes as marked.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Or rather, it populates the checkboxes correctly as far as the PDF side goes: it sets the /V and /AS of the checkbox objects in /Fields correctly, but it doesn't set the XFA side accordingly, whereas it does for text fields. In the Acrobat window the checkboxes show as correctly marked until I close the file. When I reopen the file with Acrobat or Reader, it gets its display information from the XFA, not from the /Fields (and that may be the real bug here), and so doesn't show the checkboxes as marked.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This would eliminate the need for attaching within an email and allow for completion of form and submission on the end user regardless of whether or not they have the PRO version of Adobe.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I beleive it a nice feature would be to restrict portions (part of) a PDF would be handy. for ex, i use documents at my institution where part of a document says "for office use only" I would like to restrict that portion from anyone trying to edit that area and only my office staff to be able to make changes with a password.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If I have one PDF open and try and open a second, the software crashes. I have to go into windows task list - end task (on Adobe) and start again. Is it just me it does this for?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I received a PDF file, to be placed in a magazine, with text on a transparent part of the PDF.
    When I place the PDF file in an Indesign document the text on the transparent part is not visible.
    In an older version of Indesign, CC 2019 there is no problem.

After a chat session of a day with Adobe we find the problem, it’s the version of PDF.
    A PDF file made in version 1.3 of Acrobat distiller. When I converse it to version 1.6 the problem is solved.

I think Indesign should support also older versions of PDF…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When applying a security policy to multiple files, each file should not have to automatically open with a pop-up box "do you want to save changes to "filename"? When the question pops up for the first file, we need to have a little checkbox with the option to select: "do this for all files".
    It's extremely tedious when asked the same question over and over (120 times) for a batch of PDFs to which you've selected to apply a security policy.
    Also, there's a slight bug - the security policy is never applied to the final file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When I download a PDF from the internet I get the following error.
    "There was an error opening this document. The file is already open or in use by another application"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?