Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please bring back the zoom buttons on Acrobat Pro DC.

Please bring back the zoom buttons on Acrobat Pro DC.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Required fields on creating from in Acrobat DC

I don't want the required fields outlined with a red border when my client opens the form, only when they have completed it if there are any required fields missing. This would seem logical & I cant understand why this isn't already in place?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Crashing When Opening Files

PDF's when opened will sometimes crash the whole Adobe Acrobat Pro program. They open afterward, but the event viewer shows a fatal error of some kind. I copied four of these into the attached text document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Have a file specifically for recovered files.

Have a file specifically for recovered files. I just lost 4 hours worth of work because the program crashed and the file reverted!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. livecycle crashes on preview

Adobe Livecycle ES 4 crashes repeatingly after opening the preview screen. It's irritating. I see a lot of ad hoc repair items in this blog by the Adobe Support team (outsourced). There are a lot of issues in this case. When will Adobe really do something about it.

Please let's have a call. In the early days Adobe issues will be solved. Since it's outsources the issues are increasing huge in my opinion.

Regards,

Ed Boon
    visioned.net

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bring back numerical formatting for form field creation

In previous versions of Adobe Acrobat Pro, I was able to select what type of formatting I'd like the text field to be, such as Phone Number, Zip Code, and decimal numbers as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/pdf-form-field-properties.html#formattabforformfield_properties.

However, that option appears to not exist any more?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. copy field to new document

Copy & Paste of a field - Within a document works as expected - the formatting, naming of the field is consistent. However if you copy paste into a different document, the field properties seem to reset (if this was correct, why would you copy/paste & not just insert a new field) - expected behaviour would be to keep same size/format/code/name & position(if possible, if not centred on screen).

Only noted work-around, is to copy existing page into new document, copy/paste field from one page to another & then deleted the inserted page. - Comment elsewhere requests a MS Office…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. crashes when clicking on Prepare Form

I have Windows 10 and Adobe Standard v. 2018.011.20038 and when I create a form and click on "Prepare Form" there is a pop up box that says "Adobe Acrobat has stopped working" and then the program shuts down. I have updated the program, clicked on "Repair Installation" and nothing has corrected this issue. Please help!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. select a file prepare form not working

I just installed Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and tried to open a Word document to prepare as a form. Though the file loads in the "Select File" box, nothing happens when I click start.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please share the acrobat version you are experiencing this issue with .

Have you tried it with any other file to confirm that this is not file-specific issue.

Also, can you “Check for Updates” and re-test the issue with latest version.

-Bhavna

12. Merge Data Files Into Spreadsheet

Merge Data Files Into Spreadsheet

In previous versions I can see "Merge Data Files Into Spreadsheet" option, but in DC Pro in Prepare Form I don't have or can't see that option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. batch rename form field based on selected form fields

batch rename form field based on selected fields so that a simple Javascript can hide or Show them based on the simple syntax of the Field name.
    How to implement it:
    1. Select form fields in overview panel
    2. Right-click Batch rename selected form fields…
    3. Done and great for javascritping with ease.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. More direct 'Submit' button

I have a pharma client that I've been working on a Sales Aid for. It was created in InDesign Interactive. At the end of this 8 page (or so) document, there's a simple form for people to request a patient starter kit. No signature is required. We would like to have people submit the form directly to my client, but in Acrobat Pro, the form goes to the end user's email address and they need to forward the form on to my client. This is a 2-step process and not ideal at all for user experience. Client wants the form…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Locks up

I'm 2 hours into filling a form and it decides to lock up+#*#.
    Don't know what to do but if I loose my info I will quit paying for Acrobat!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Undocumented feature

Despite the submitForm page in the JavaScript API not mentioning the possibility of using a UNC, based on the behaviour of Acrobat Distribution Wizard I decided to test using a UNC instead of a URL by including the following line in my script associated to the MouseUp event of my custom submit button:

this.submitForm({cURL:"//SERVER/SHARE/", cSubmitAs:"PDF"});

To my satisfaction, everything worked as I suspected.

The following line also worked:

this.submitForm({cURL:"smb://SERVER/SHARE/", cSubmitAs:"PDF"});

So this seems like an undocumented feature btw pretty useful for small businesses which in general outsource their web services but mantain an onsite file server.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Barcode - QR Code - X Dimension - Larger than 0.04in

When adding a Barcode Field:
    Barcode Field Properties > Options > Symbology: QR Code >
    Decode Condition > Custom > X-Dimension:

the size is unable to go beyond 0.04in ... my client wants a larger Barcode in the file. But with this limitation, I cannot meet their needs.

My suggestion is to allow any value.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Send a form without having to log in to your email account

I want to be able to do form that, when someone fills it, they dont need to log in to their email account to send it to me. I want it that, when pressing the send button, it automatically sends it to my email account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow to rename multiple fields of the same type after auto generating fields.

When I allow Acrobat to auto generate fields Acrobat named each field by the closest text, which is not always, most of the time, the best way to approach things.

I suggest to allow renaming a group of selected items, if they are the same type. Now, when I select multiple fields, even if they are the same type, the field name and tool tip property fields are disabled.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base