Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

599 results found

1. The ability to prepare a form from a scanned document (or PDF that had no form elements on it) is a great feature, and if the instructions from https://acrobatusers.com/assets/collections/tutorials/legacy/id_2263/acro9_designforms.pdf are followed, makes it easy to turn a flat document into a fillable form.

However, I believe a feature of this has been overlooked since the introduction of the date style form, and that is the ability for the prepare form feature to recognise a date and apply the date style form.

My request is to update the prepare form feature so that something that resembles a date field is given…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The Calculate tab does not appear in my Properties dialog boxes for only text fields and dropdown boxes

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Please share the acrobat version you are experiencing this issue with. You can do so using the link -helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product..

Also, can you please try it another PDF file and confirm that this is not file specific.

-Bhavna

3. Please bring back the zoom buttons on Acrobat Pro DC.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Copy & Paste of a field - Within a document works as expected - the formatting, naming of the field is consistent. However if you copy paste into a different document, the field properties seem to reset (if this was correct, why would you copy/paste & not just insert a new field) - expected behaviour would be to keep same size/format/code/name & position(if possible, if not centred on screen).

Only noted work-around, is to copy existing page into new document, copy/paste field from one page to another & then deleted the inserted page. - Comment elsewhere requests a MS Office…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have designed forms that my staff complete & then we provide to external sources. I need these to export as a flat file & don't see how that could be accomplished other than export to MS Word & then to a pdf... kinda labor intensive!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  13 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. On Adobe Acrobat DC for Mac, when trying to program a calculation, the Field Selection dialog box is much too small to see the field names, and it can't be enlarged! There doesn't seem to be a way to select the fields outside of the dialog box on the form, which would be very convenient and make sense. It makes it impossible to use the calculate feature if you have long field names, which Adobe creates by default.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adobe Shuts Down When Editing Fillable PDFs that are saved on Microsoft OneDrive. When I copy the same document to my local C drive, it allows me to edit it. It only shuts down when open within Microsoft OneDrive.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Right click menu rework for tagging.
    2. I work primarily in tagging documents for accessibility, and I frequently use right click action menu to create a new tag. Sometimes over 100 individual uses on a document. There have been countless times where I accidentally click "auto-tag document" instead of "New Tag". I don't believe anyone auto tags a document from this right click menu and I believe it would be good to either remove it from the menu, or create some distance from regularly used features in that menu. This action cannot be undone with control + z and I always…
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Simple PDFs opening in Microsoft Windows are extremely slow to react to anything (Slow to print, edit and everthing else.) This lagging is 30 seconds to a minute before anything can be done. This is noted by all computers in our office.
    This has been going on for 2 days now. It is 12-19-2023. Adobe PDFs were very easy to work with prior to this week.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add the option to insert image on a pdf form directly from the camera. to allow Android/iOS Tablet and mobile users to fill pdf forms more efficiently.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Not only does Acrobat need a Dark Mode, it needs to be compatible with fillable forms. Bright white screens are ******* the eyes, and it's not fair to our eyeballs to change the fillable forms box to BLACK whenever we change to custom colors to ease the glare from the screen. We can't see what we're typing, We need this feature!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Acrobat DC 21.005.20048 (Win10):
    Actions taken:
    - Starting a PDF Form from scratch
    - Adding text with text-tool
    - Adding text-field
    - Adding checkbox
    Result:
    Text and any other object cannot be selected at the same time, neither by box-select nor by SHIFT or CTRL.
    Text does not appear in "Fields" list and can thus also not be selected there.
    - Cannot align text with fields or other objects
    (Different text selected does not even promt the alignment-options)
    - Cannot move text with fields

Proposal:
    - Make text selectable together with fields
    - Create a "label" object, which acts like…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sign has the ability to create web forms, I'd like to see a feature that is the same but with no signature or certification - just a form that is distributable by link, gets filled out, the responses go to my account, and I can download and edit the document the same as any other PDF. With all the same fields (INCLUDING REQUIRED FILE UPLOAD) as sign except certified signature. Needed to be able to manage form submissions and attachments without the red tape of Sign

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Would be lovely if you could click on a checkbox and convert it to a radio button. I have to change these out all the time from scratch because Acrobat will make checkboxes instead of radio buttons

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently image fields that users can upload images to are always rectangular. For aesthetic reasons this is not always desirable. For example, in some designs boxes with rounded corners or circles would work better. An option to add a corner radius to the field would improve the visual look.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Can you please add the ability to let the user set a different 'default' font type, size, colour when creating forms? It adds significantly to the time used creating forms to have to change the font for every single text/field added.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When creating a form, allow text fields to be linked so when someone is filling out the form the text wraps into the next field instead of making the font size smaller.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When I prepare a fillable form, I want to wrap the text so the person filling out the form can read the whole paragraph they are writing.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Janet,

Select “Multi-line” and “Scroll Long Text” in “Options” tab of the Properties dialog box for your text field. Also, ensure to widen the width (manually) to allow user to view the content as they type

And, I have forwarded your request of “Wrap the Text” to engineering. It will be picked up after prioritization.
    We will contact you if we need some more information on this.
    Thank you for your patience

18. I have a problem, I have PDF pro and I have edited a pdf document, and saved it, then when I copy and try to paste to another pdf document it will not carry over my edited additions to the document. but when i go back and see my edited document my additions are still there, it just wont copy an paste the complete new document

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Could you please elaborate what are you copying from source PDF to the result PDF.
    Are these text? Or are these Form Fields?

Please share more details.

19. I can't get Acrobat to auto create check boxes when I "prepare form" - this is a .docx with check boxes printed to PDF, making form fillable. I want Acrobat to detect the check boxes and automatically add them instead of manually adding 100 checkboxes, taking way too much time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?