Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

392 results found

1. Pls provide us with the ability to Print to Adobe and append to rather then overwrite an existing file. Append to front or back of file instead of having to save each file and then open them all in adobe and merge them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I've been trying to get a PDF to print from Acrobat Pro for over an hour. I don't have a large number of fonts installed, so that's not it. It's not that there's something wrong with the PDF; it opens in Photoshop and prints from Safari with no problem. Why the, is Acrobat hanging forever?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I know there is an option to "Save as PDF". However, sometimes, you don't want to "Save as PDF". You may want to "Print as PDF" (as it is in windows).

These 2 are different since "saving as PDF" simply saves the page as it is while "Printing as PDF" gives one the flexibility of saving as booklet, multiple pages e.t.c.

Also, "printing as PDF" enables one to save PDF forms that are not traditionally enabled for saving.

All these are important and standard features on the Windows version of the software.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Any time I open a PDF and then merely print the document, I cannot simply close the PDF once printed. I get a pop-up box asking if I want to 'save changes to xxxxx.pdf before closing.' This is quite annoying when I have multiple documents open and have to click No for each PDF I have just printed.

This pop-up is a relatively new 'feature' so it must have been activated by a recent update.

I aks that you please fix this issue.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We have internally developed, encrypted PDF forms that we own the intellectual property for. We make these available to internal users to generate publicly distributed documents where company private data has been removed via a control on the page. At present PDF Distiller complains that it cannot re-author an encrypted file. But if we own the encrypted file, there should be a way to internally sign this document for use amongst our users without needing to release the encryption password to our users. There are elements within the form that even our users are not permitted to alter, hence the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When you open a pdf file and click on the print icon or go to file - print, the program becomes unresponsive and you must end the process.

Windows Server 2016 Version 1607 Build 14393.2906
    Acrobat PRO DC Version 2019.010.20100

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Discovered a printing error in Acrobat Pro DC. Converted a PDF created in Word using Illustrator to CMYK and just to Black and White. Most of the art is vector or text, however the logos are bitmaps. I copied them into photoshop, converted to grayscale, and pasted them back into Illustrator and saved the file as a high resolution PDF. When printing in Acrobat Pro DC (2019.010.20099) to our Minolta Bizhunb C308, using the function of "Print in grayscale (black and white)" the bitmaps are printed in inverse. File prints correctly without selecting "Print in grayscale (black and white)". Using…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When you are about to print, the first page of the PDF preview comes out blank. If you click the right arrow to see Page 2, the PDF preview appears again to page 2. However, if you press the left arrow to go back, then all PDF preview pages go blank.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I need to print this file with NO MARGIN!
    The stickers need to be printed right where they are.
    How can I get rid of the margin?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC on Windows 10 ver 1803 is unable to print the pdf file. It says "not responding" for an hour. I reboot the computer, restart the program and the same result each time.

Thanks,
    DC

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The Page Size on a PDF is 10.00 x 7.5 in but I am trying to print to 11 x 8.5 in. The printer is requesting 16k paper which I don't have. When I click ignore then it cuts off part of the document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The Page Size on a PDF is 10.00 x 7.5 in but I am trying to print to 11 x 8.5 in. The printer is requesting 16k paper which I don't have. When I click ignore then it cuts off part of the document.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Synopsis:
    A) Please fix duplexing such that page one of a document always begins on the front of a sheet of paper. This means a the back page of an odd-numbered document should be blank.

B) Please let the Collate button both be visible regardless of the number of copies and let it have a default and/or remembered setting. The combination of it being initially invisible and the defaulting to the less-desirable setting results in wasted printed material.

Detail:
    This is a consistent problem that sprung into existence about a year ago, near as I can tell on both Acrobat…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. you need to fix this program!!! payed good money for it to print pdf files and thet partially print too many pages.... sucks royally!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. please expand the number of characters that we can input into the pages to print space to an unlimited number of characters. It is currently limited to 100 characters. If a characters limit is required, please expand it to 5000 characters. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New issue with Acrobat Pro DC 2019.010.20098.
    I am on Mac Mojave, 16.16.7
    Attempting to print a college transcript from Parchment, a Secured PDF. Document Properties, Security tab says Printing should be allowed, but printing fails with "There were no pages selected to print" - see attached screenshot. My office mate has version 2019.010.20071 and can print this document no problem. This is the second bug I have found in this build.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would like to be able to select all open docs for printing and have them print separately.
    The workaround is to combine the docs, but when printing two-sided, the documents end up with page one of one section on the back of the last page of another section. I need these to print out as individual sections.
    Instead of having to combine, please create this as a print option - "print all open docs."

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Either allow print settings to be included in the Quick Tools at the top, or move "Print Current View" as a choice under Pages to Print without having to go to More Options first. I spend a lot of time printing details from PDFs and it takes three extra steps, each time. Also, Print Current View doesn't quite match with the display on the print settings.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In a PDF file created from FrameMaker 2017 by printing a book to a file with Adobe Printer (using the standard job options) and then distilling a .ps file, certain Kanji characters in Meiryo font are not searchable. However, the same characters in MS Gothic font are searchable.

In the attached PDF file, for example, there are 5 occurrences of character string 入力. 2 of them are Meiryo font (highlighted in yellow) and 3 of them are MS Gothic font (highlighted in pink).

You cannot find 入力 in yellow (Meiryo) but you can find them in MS Gothic (pink).

However,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?