Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

393 results found

1. Allow users to set the default printer to an actual physical printer rather than having Adobe continually default to "printing" to pdf. Multiple times a day I have to "re-set" my printer preference from "PDF" to the physical printer. After a few hundred times, I find myself deeply irritated with Adobe engineers and designers.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In my office we have user codes we use when printing. The code is saved into the print driver of each user. When printing from Adobe we are forced to click "properties" before every print, even if we don't need to make any setting changes. If you do not click properties, the user code embedded into the driver is not sent with the print job and it fails with an authentication error at the printer. This is a common problem with many applications. Google Chrome has added the ability to turn off their print preview, and it has solved the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Ritesh (Adobe) responded

Hi Drew,

Thank you for reporting this bug. Could you clarify what difference does clicking on “Properties” button makes?

Also please mention the printer driver and printer model your are using.

Regards,
    Ritesh

3. I'm unable to print any pdf files from Acrobat DC to the local network printers. I receive errors: "the document could not be printed" and "an error occurred while printing the document". I am able to print to the printers from other programs. I've been able to print pdfs from Acrobat DC to printers in the past.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When printing long documents (books etc.) it would be great to be able to add blank pages, that does not exist in the PDF in order to get a correct double sided print.The size of the blank page could e.g. depend on the page size before the blank.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  pooja . responded

Hi,

We have shared your feedback with the respective team. We will get back to you in case we have any updates.

Best Regards!

5. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Tsutomu,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please share a PDF document which you are using to rite@adobe.com

Please also mention your Acrobat version.

regards,
    Ritesh

6. Does this need explaining? we pay for ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR to create our PDFs then we have to by-pass CREATIVE CLOUD storage and save them in Dropbox in order for DC/Adobe reader to see them and print them. Seems like a very "Microsoft" way to do things. Very stupid. Add CC as a cloud location.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Can you please fix the bugs in the PDF printer plugin that works with Autodesk's Revit. The program is very inconsistent and sometime just stall entirely. This would be very helpful to many users of Revit.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please bring back the Print feature to print all documents in the portfolio at one time. The new update took this away.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I am using MacOS Big Sur 11.6 and Acrobat Acrobat version 2021.007.20099.

The attached "Ful Score" PDF is displayed properly on the screen by Acrobat, but Acrobat prints it badly. I also included two screenshots, a *.png of Acrobat's display of the PDF (which looks OK) and a pdf produced by scanning a physical printout of that same PDF printed by Acrobat, which shows that Acrobat prints the file really badly.

The PDF was produced by Sibelius. I might say Sibelius was at fault for producing a bad PDF (probably with layers, but I'm not sure of the internals), except…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. User has a Citrix virtual desktop with a USB HP printer connected to a Thin Client, and redirected into the Citrix desktop using the Citrix Universal Printer.
    Prior to this version, opening a PDF and printing to that redirected printer presented no problem. On this most recent version it does with a quick "The document could not be printed" error and then it spits out a blank page.
    Ideally I'd like to get my hands on 20.005.20058 to verify this, but I cannot find the full download now. I have however installed an older version 15.*** and this prints just…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The default printing preferences are Letter even though my Windows regional settings are not US. Should be A4.

I change the default from Windows Settings>Devices>Printers & scanners>Adobe PDF>Manage>Printing preferences>Adobe PDF Page Size but it resets every time Acrobat updates!

Please fix both these issues.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like to be able to insert print breaks (force next page to print on top page in duplex).

Currently, the only way to do this is to add a blank page, however, this looks very odd when viewing the electronic version versus the printed copy. It would be nice if there was a way to force certain pages to be treated as a first page for printing purposes (conceptually similar to how a page break forces the next line of text onto the next page)

Use Case: Office Procedure Manual

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When you print to pdf or perform some action where it saves the file, it typically goes to the location you last printed to or saved to. In my case, this is typically a location where I was working on my last project and not the most current project file on a network. What would be really sweet would be if when you export, save, or print a file etc. that it would give the option of selecting from presently open windows file folders. Or perhaps if you could create a shortcut to a file location in adobe that you…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Output preview is off. Important for checking color accuracy

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

HI Chuck,

Thank you for reporting this bug. Please provide the following details:
    1. Is this happening with all PDFs or just one?
    2. Please provide a sample PDF with which this issue is happening
    3. Screenshot of print dialog with preview

Regards,
    Ritesh

15. When distilling attached Postscript the generated PDF shows error when opening. I have narrowed it down to an image which has imagemask set to true as well as mask array in it. This is incorrect as per specification.

I am using Adobe Acrobat 10.0.0.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When printing an Internet-Document from Firefox 57 the print generates multiple errors if the title of the document to print contains quotation marks. The error box mentions: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2015\Acrobat\Intellektuelle" Diese Datei kann nicht geöffnet werden." (The file could not be opened. Verify the correct location." - should be the approximate translation.)

Where the "Intellektuelle" is the first word of the documet title inside the quotation marks. The same error appears for every word in the title and one additional time. The PDF finally generated contains only part of the document to print. You could try it with the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Google Chrome = Latest Version
    Acrobat X Pro
    Observation: Had no problem prior until 7/28/2017 when I noticed I had problem printing from a webpage (e.g. eBay.com) to PDF using Adobe Acrobat print driver. The printing would stall and this Distiller error would show up each time. Also strange is, I could clear this error message other than restarting my computer. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I am a Prepress tech using an APPE workflow, the most current release. I have been seeing problems, since my upgrade and the advent of the CC, with PDF 1.4 being submitted for print. Mostly transparency problems. I have people modify their Adobe Press Quality PDF Preset to PDF 1.7, from InDesign. It helps greatly. Also makes me feel more confident in the soft proofing process, as v1.7 passes my EnFocus and RIP preflights better than lesser PDF versions. And I know this is an InDesign PDF export setting problem, but it is a Distiller preset, available within Indy. Can…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  mrraj@adobe.com responded

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We have taken your feature request which will be prioritized based on other work items.

Thanks,
    Mridula

19. Scenario/Description: I have a large PDF that is 310 pages, so I'd like to print selected pages to a new PDF for smaller files. e.g. print pages 168 - 208. Upon printing selected pages to a new PDF, it opens the created file and the total page count is correct, but the selected page number is wrong as it starts its count from its position in the original file (i.e. so instead of showing page 1 out of 41, it shows page 168 out of 41).

Preconditions: PDF with multiple pages open (310 from scenario above) in Adobe Acrobat Pro.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Unable to print any PDF on any printer. Same error again and again : Cannot find pages…

Tried anything. Select one page, actives pages etc…

No way.

Latest Adobe CC softwares and Mac system

All these files print well with Aperçu

To me Acrobat is totally useless.

But maybe a genius has found the way to acdress this critical issue

;-)

Happy new year y'all

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)