Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug in printing certs after update

I cannot print my certificates from Acrobat now. I have to move to word to print each page with a boarder. This started with the update. I print many certs a day and this takes far more time and changes the font. If it does not have a boarder I can print. This is frustrating and a waste of time. I did not have this problem before.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Tracy,

Sorry for inconvenience caused, we have fixed few print issue in recent patch (19.008.20074). Please check your Acrobat is updated. You can update by opening the application (Acrobat/Reader) and going to Help > Check for Updates.
    If you still face the issue, please share few detail to narrow down the issue:
    1. What error are you getting while printing? Is some data is missing from Print output.
    2. What is the printer/Driver you are using?
    3. What kind of boarder does the file contain? If possible please share/send sample file on mrraj@adobe.com

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,
    Mridula Raj

2. Crop marks I try and change the size to A4. But it is grayed out.

When trying to enter bleed and crop marks I try and change the size to A4. But it is grayed out.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Is there a way to just print your comments?

It would be nice to just be able to select to print only your comments and to be able to select to print only text that you have highlighted. This would be helpful when working with large documents.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Printing larger (A4) documents to Letter size paper issues.

Just updated to the new version (19.008.20071) as of yesterday and noticed when printing a larger document (A4) and have it "Shrink Oversized Pages" to print onto a letter size paper, it will print as if correctly but cuts off the top "inch" of the actual printed text as if that was the end of the page, in which it can still print in that section, but the scaling down process is somehow bugged out.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  rite responded

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Please provide the following details for us to reproduce the issue at our end:
    1. Printer driver and model details
    2. Is this issue happening with a single document or all PDFs?
    3. Sample PDF with which you are experiencing this issue.

Regards,
    Ritesh

5. When i print my signed documents they come out blank

none of my pdfs are printing they are coming out blank

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. pdf come out blank when done on Ai and save and try to open

Simply it does not save when we save on Ai and try to open just a blank page comes out. To print it just has no data. Printed it still a blank page printed? Solutions for this problem? Issue was happening for a long time. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Adobe PDF on Chrome and highlighting problem in Acrobat Pro DC

When printing from Chrome on Windows with Adobe PDF and then trying to highlight it in Acrobat Pro there is some strange problems. IT marks much more than it should. Se added examples.
    AdobePDFchrome.pdf is printed with Adobe PDF and the Builtinchrome.pdf is printed with the built-in PDF in chrome.
    In both files I have highlighted only the text DC but only the Built-In for chrome shows it correctly?

Data: Chrome Version 68.0.3440.106 (Officiell version) (64 bit)
    Acrobat Pro DC 2018-011-20058

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need Info  ·  diwjoshi responded

Hi Marko,

Thank you for sharing this issue with us. We would like to know few more things :

1. Is this issue happening every time you highlight a document printed by Adobe PDF?
    2. Is it working fine if we highlight any local PDF file?
    2. Have you tried updating Acrobat Pro and Chrome to the latest version?
    3. Please share the sample pdf files.

We have tried but unable to reproduce it with the latest Chrome(71.0.3578.98) and Acrobat Pro (2019.010.20064).

Thanks,
    Swapnil Srivastava

8. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Printing too Many Copies

Acrobat is printing the square of however many copies I ask it to print. So, if I print 2 copies, Acrobat actually prints 4. If I print 4 copies, Acrobat prints 16, etc. I am running it on a Mac mini and my printer is an HP LaserJet Pro 400. I have tried turning off the computer & printer, with no success. It is still doing the same thing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Acrobat Pro DC on Mac OS High Sierra--restore the Print to PDF option.

Acrobat Pro DC on Mac OS High Sierra--restore the Print to PDF option. Your product is useless to me without it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. We are unable to create custom paper size to print to pdf files from Autocad Design Review 14

We are unable to create custom paper size to print to pdf files from Autocad Design Review 14. Paper sizes needed are 12in by 300in or larger

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please add the ability to select an application-level default size. Having to select "Actual size" is not good.

I imagine if the pdf file was created from another application, and was set to "Fit" this print setting carried over to Adobe. If so, there needs to be a way to reset default print setting from print dialog box to change to "Actual." I don't know if if the original file was set to that or not as I don't have it but please look into this. It's very important issue.

Thank you,

Sandy

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  rite responded

Hi,

Thank you for providing this feature request. Our engineering team will look into this.

Regards,
    Ritesh

12. cannot print keep getting Plug-in Failure. No way to figure it out. This sucks.

I cannot print my bank statements. I keep getting grey window "Plug-in Failure". No way to figure it out. Something to do with webkit64...keychain access, blah blah... I click on always accept, nada... and nothing I have tried works...This sucks, because I can print other PDFs just fine, even tho that annoying pop-up window always appears...(see image attached). I am running mac SIERRA OS X 10.12.4

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Warn when printing out of order page sequence

I print hundreds of pages every month from a single PDF file, but I print some two-sided and the others one-sided. For example, I print pages 3,4,6,7,10-14,20,21,25-30. Today, I accidentally typed "118-12" instead of 120. But Acrobat just prints something. I'm not sure what because I cancelled the print job.

Acrobat should analyze the page sequence and warn if it's out of order. I wouldn't want it warn me on the first example because it still makes sense, but if I print that sequence and then "32-3", it should stop, especially since it doesn't even make sense to print pages…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Print marked up compared pages / Automatically compare pages using labels

Compare Files shows a very nice, side-by-side, comparison with markups showing where the changes are at. I would like to print exactly what I'm seeing there (page content and markups) but when I try to print it wants to print a summary page as page 1, and/or, a very busy looking page with labels on the side pointing to changes within the page. I could print the screen, but that's not ideal.

Also, it would be nice to automatically compare pages by page label. For example, I have a 200 page document, and somebody provides me with an 8 page…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. File not viewing correctly in Acrobat XI

When opening certain pdf files, the screen preview is not correct. The background "disappears". Sometimes though, the background will still print but sometimes it does not. I am on Mac in system Sierra and have tried these files on multiple computers including a pc, with extensions off etc. and always that same result. What I see is not what I get. If I place the pdf file in InDesign it will preview correctly and also export correctly so something InDesign does corrects the problem. I am attaching a file to demonstrate the issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Lexmark C543dn Printer problems! (machine error 900) With Acrobat Pro Dc on MacBook Pro! I regularly print pdf files in booklet format. A

I regularly print pdf files in booklet format. A lot of files stop the with error code 900. While on an older MacBook with Adobe Reader 9.5.5 all documents print flawless! I will not activate this version until I have a solution for this problem!

Please advise.

Burkhard

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When printing, the ability to switch between paper size on the front page without having to go into properties

When you select print and the print box appears. Could you put the ability to select paper size in this box instead of having to go into properties.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. My HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 does not collate any Adobe PDF files if I print multiple copies

This problem only exists for Adobe PDF files, and i use a Macbook Pro

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Default to print "All PDF Files" after selecting "All PDF files in this portfolio" for printing

After selecting to print "All PDF files in this portfolio" under "PDF Portfolio Printing Options", please have the "Pages to Print" automatically set to "All PDF files", instead of "Selected PDF files".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can't print a clean copy

I'm using Acrobat DC to fill out a job application. How do I remove the PDF element logo in the background before printing it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base