Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

27 results found

1. We should be able to print more than 999 copies theses days. This is really a pain. All other product we use here at my company allow to print more than that. I know i can change the values with my Fiery's interface after printing, said 1 copy, but this is a two steps ways and it is less efficient...

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please create an option to print bookmarks either separately or together with the PDF.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Needless to say, I print a lot from Acrobat. It bugs me constantly that when the print dialog comes up, it's too big to fit entirely on the screen. The actual "print" button is off screen on the bottom, and requires scrolling down to be able to click it. That should not be the case. Even more annoying is the fact that the dialog itself, although it has a scroll bar, is not responsive to my scrollwheel mouse. It absolutely should be.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  pooja . responded

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We have recorded it as bug in our database.

Best Regards!

4. Customer should be able to print multiple tabbed documents as a single print job ie: combine all the open tabbed documents into a single print job.

Sometimes, customer need to print financial reports about once a month for two accounts so that's a Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss report for each account - 4 documents. Now user can manually merge them into a single PDF, but that's not how user want to store them. It would be awesome that instead of user printing 3 copies of each of the 4 documents and then manually collating them into 3 stapled…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We have shared your feedback with the respective team. We will get back to you in case we have any updates.

Best Regards!

5. When printing long documents (books etc.) it would be great to be able to add blank pages, that does not exist in the PDF in order to get a correct double sided print.The size of the blank page could e.g. depend on the page size before the blank.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We have shared your feedback with the respective team. We will get back to you in case we have any updates.

Best Regards!

6. Does this need explaining? we pay for ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR to create our PDFs then we have to by-pass CREATIVE CLOUD storage and save them in Dropbox in order for DC/Adobe reader to see them and print them. Seems like a very "Microsoft" way to do things. Very stupid. Add CC as a cloud location.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I am a Prepress tech using an APPE workflow, the most current release. I have been seeing problems, since my upgrade and the advent of the CC, with PDF 1.4 being submitted for print. Mostly transparency problems. I have people modify their Adobe Press Quality PDF Preset to PDF 1.7, from InDesign. It helps greatly. Also makes me feel more confident in the soft proofing process, as v1.7 passes my EnFocus and RIP preflights better than lesser PDF versions. And I know this is an InDesign PDF export setting problem, but it is a Distiller preset, available within Indy. Can…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  mrraj@adobe.com responded

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We have taken your feature request which will be prioritized based on other work items.

Thanks,
    Mridula

8. It would be nice to just be able to select to print only your comments and to be able to select to print only text that you have highlighted. This would be helpful when working with large documents.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I imagine if the pdf file was created from another application, and was set to "Fit" this print setting carried over to Adobe. If so, there needs to be a way to reset default print setting from print dialog box to change to "Actual." I don't know if if the original file was set to that or not as I don't have it but please look into this. It's very important issue.

Thank you,

Sandy

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Ritesh (Adobe) responded

Hi,

Thank you for providing this feature request. Our engineering team will look into this.

Regards,
    Ritesh

10. Crop marks: Make it easier to choose to save version with crop and bleed turn on or off. I frequently have to adjust a print ready file with crops and bleeds not showing and it is time-consuming. Why not have a crop/bleed SHOW or DON'T SHOW function.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for providing this feature request. Our engineering team will look into this.

Regards,
    Ritesh

11. Nearly every tool and application I use has the ability to differentiate between Print and Print Preview. In some apps, Print can be referred to Quick Print. Either way, whether Print, or Quick Print, the idea is to print the object without going through the full Print dialogue, it basically prints the object using the last-used parameters.

Print Preview on the other hand, provides a full menu of choices and is the full printing dialogue.

I no longer have Acrobat Pro installed on any working machines, so I can't confirm this, but I thought Pro had this time-saving capability.

So…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We have recorded it in our database. We will get back to you in case of any update.

Best Regards!

12. When printing a portfolio, the document print in the order they are named. Could you create an option for the portfolio to print in the order the files are in the portfolio? We use Adobe Acrobat for all our bulk printing tasks, and we have to rename the files to make sure they print in order.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  mrraj@adobe.com responded

Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice. Your valuable feedback helps us improving our product. We will surely take it up in consideration for future.

Thanks,
    Mridula

13. Compare Files shows a very nice, side-by-side, comparison with markups showing where the changes are at. I would like to print exactly what I'm seeing there (page content and markups) but when I try to print it wants to print a summary page as page 1, and/or, a very busy looking page with labels on the side pointing to changes within the page. I could print the screen, but that's not ideal.

Also, it would be nice to automatically compare pages by page label. For example, I have a 200 page document, and somebody provides me with an 8 page…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please make adobe compatible with MAC. how is it not possible to save to PDF?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open a file in a Mac OS application.
    Click the PDF button and choose Save As Adobe PDF.
    Choose the Adobe PDF Settings and click Continue.
    Type a name for your file, and click Save.

15. Our users are phasing over to the new experience and have noticed there is no way to print all PDF pages within a portfolio. Highlighting all pages > Menu > Print is greyed out.

Please introduce this into the new experience as this is preventing many of our staff from using it.

In the old menu there was a print context menu when using File > Print > All pages from PDF portfolio.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When opening certain pdf files, the screen preview is not correct. The background "disappears". Sometimes though, the background will still print but sometimes it does not. I am on Mac in system Sierra and have tried these files on multiple computers including a pc, with extensions off etc. and always that same result. What I see is not what I get. If I place the pdf file in InDesign it will preview correctly and also export correctly so something InDesign does corrects the problem. I am attaching a file to demonstrate the issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great to change the default on the what to print option. I have an application where I need to set the default to "print current page", but it won't allow me to make a permanent change.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,
    Ritesh

18. Add Overprint Black Feature

Suppose, a file contains 100+ pages. It's colored, then I want to ad overprint black in Acrobat DC Pro.

This will save us from using other software & It will save our time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,
    Ritesh

19. BE able to save multiple subsections and bookmarked Sections as a PDF rather than the whole document when PRINT action does not allow subsections to be saved through printer dialogue. Going to save as just saves the whole document again. NOT the selected Subsection or multiple pages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable feedback.
    We have recorded it as a feature request in our database.
    However saving multiple pages to PDF option is there. You can give selected pages in ‘Pages’ option on print dialog.

Best Regards!

20. I have several settings/presets saved in the folder:

/Users/saschabucher/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings

But only some of them are showing up in the Distiller settings dropdown where you can set the preset. The ones showing up are not even in the alphabetic order. This is maybe related to the issue in InDesign where the script panel is also not anymore ordered.

This is may just cased by OSX High Sierra and SSD.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable feedback.
    For Distiller setting dropdown not in alphabetic order we have logged a bug in our database.
    And Setting which are not showing in dropdown this is not reproducible at our end. Can you please try reinstalling and updating Acrobat if its not updated to latest version? Let us know if this issue is still there.

Best Regards!

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?