Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

295 results found

1. I need to retrieve an un-OCR'd image of a (48 page) file. I know it's in there because it pops up every time I open the file and the system automatically goes through the OCR process then allows me only to save the post-OCR'd file. I click on the OCR turn off but, as I open the file, it clicks itself back to OCR land. This is very frustrating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I am currently running Windows 10 on a HP Laptop and every time I try to use Acrobat Pro DC to scan a document it crashes. I've checked for updates but it shows that all updates are applied. Can someone tell me what is going on?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I want to recognize Devanagari Text by using Acrobat pro DC. Currently, I heard that it is impossible. Would you enhance your Acrobat pro DC to recognize Devanagari Text?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. OCR for languages with accents, such as French, would be drastically improved if the letters from that language, such as ç ê è à á, were included. Choosing a language-specific OCR does not make much sense when it doesn't include the letters from that language.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It keeps updating and updating and updating and i can never use it. Your website is too complicated to register a complaint that's another thing. Overpriced not useable.....................

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. permanently turn off the OCR - it is annoying

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When scanning multiple pages using the document feeder, approximately every 4th page is rendered in negative (white on black as opposed to the correct black on white).

Rescanning the incorrect pages results in the correct black on white. Scanning a single page appears to always work.

Acrobat Pro 2021.007.20099 (Intel) on macOS 11.6; scanning from HP MFP M479fdw.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Acrobat should have the functionality to automate processes like OCR with a hotfolder. Let's say you scanned smth, the file arrives at your selected folder which is a hotfolder -> Acrobat should now perform an OCR without any further input of the user.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. im using acrobat dc pro on windows 11 64bit, and the program suddenly shuts down with no error message while doing korean ocr. (with the same document, english ocr works well.) i've reinstalled windows and acrobat, deleted all fonts, but the problem occurs again.

(i think windows 11 is not the reason because there was same problem on windows 10)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Currently the dialog box for a batch OCR process shows the current file number and the total number of files, it then shows the current page number being worked on but it doesn't show the total number of pages in the current file so you don't know how long that particular file has left to do.

In addition, it would also be very useful to have an option to "Abort batch after current file complete"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The batch OCR feature is simply not fit for purpose and needs completely replacing.

1. When performing a batch OCR the application is entirely locked into the process and is unable to do any other tasks. Acrobat installs itself as the default PDF viewer, so you cannot even view a PDF by default when the OCR process is running. There needs to be a way to run these batch processes as true background tasks that do not interfere with other Acrobat functions, or the ability to open multiple instances of Acrobat.

2. The batch process will often crash without warning or error…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Acrobat PRO 2020 - Running text recognition rotates random pages wrongly

We have testet and confirmed the problem does NOT exist in Adobe Acrobat 2017, but it does happen in Acrobat DC and Acrobat PRO 2020

Due to company security policy we run offline versions of the software with local license verification.

When doing OCR or Text recognition nomatter what we do, it randomly rotate pages during the scanning process. No matter what settings we set.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When I ran a scan and ocr on my document, almost all the pages were blank after the scanning. before scanning the text and images were still visible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Dear Adobe Team,

Kindly add Arabic language in Adobe OCR & Scanning for middle east users. i am requesting from saudi arab. many users requested this feature in last 3-4 years but its not added yet. kindly requesting you to add this feature as soon as possible which is business requirement.

Thanks,

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We use Acrobat Pro 2017 Classic on MacOS High Sierra. Before the school holidays, we bought a license for Acrobat Pro 2020 Classic that is installed on the same machine.

We mainly use Acrobat to OCR screenshots and combine them into one PDF. Such a PDF contains between 40 and 200 OCRed pages. Sometimes we use TIFF, sometimes we use PNG as source images that need to be "PDFed".

The workflow is this:
    1- Combine source images into one PDF in Acrobat Pro
    2- Crop borders of each page in Acrobat
    3- Export each page to a directory as a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please can you add Irish (Gaeilge) to your list of languages for Scan & OCR? Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Since Adobe Customer care can't take care of this bug, she sent me here to write to the engineers. The scanned file attached was in Traditional Chinese called "標楷體". The OCR was somehow 100% failed. That's unbelievable since it's standard font. Even free software can recognize it. Please have a look at it. Many scanned file got this problem. This is only one of them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I click on scan and it opens SCANNER then it shuts the program down completely. Tried the fix in HELP menu - does nothing for the issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. If you are scanning a document, with many pages, you do not lower the scanner lid (to speed up scanning), but this causes a black stripe to form at the edges of the text. Now you can select the text and images excluding the black border; If you want to obtain a document with the same format, for example an A5 (without black borders) this is not possible with this program, because if you report it in A5 format, the black border is revised. It should be easy to delete the outside of the selection. Sincerely

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Acrobat DC for Mac's OCR continuously mis-recognizes standardized OCR characters such as those on checks and commercial forms. Those characters are designed to be highly readable at high speed and a standard quality scan (let alone a high quality one) should be sufficient for proper recognition by Acrobat.

Similarly, it routinely tries to translate address codes (the string of full and half-height vertical bars used by postal readers to sort mail), even if it does occasionally recognize the entire code as one "word." Fortunately, it usually includes it for review, but it shouldn't be difficult to recognize the standardized format,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?