Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

295 results found

1. recognizing Arabic text from scanned images

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There is a major problem with OCR in Acrobat Pro CD. I have recognized (OCR) text in many documents. They still contain a lot of recognition errors in the hidden text used for search. When I try to use the function/tool "Correct Recognized text" (translated from Norwegian), I get a message saying that there are no suspected errors. It is not possible to correct the remaining errors. This is just stupid, there is no 100% correct OCR program, there are lots of errors in the recognized text. There must be a way to fix the remaining errors, but your technical…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When using Adobe Acrobat Pro for scanning documents every 10 minutes, I need to have a "Home" screen with only one button - "Create PDF" + "From Scanner" + "Grayscale Document (front side)".

The new setting is driving me crazy. I wish I could downgrade to the old Adobe Acrobat design!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Mohit Kumar responded

Hi Vladimir,
    We regret the inconvenience that you are facing. I will take this issue with the management and let you know as soon as a solution is available.

Regards,
    Mohit Kumar

4. In fact, all languages supported by the open source tesseract project should be available to Adobe customers. Better yet, Adobe licenses OCR from I.R.I.S. S.A. and meanwhile Readiris 17 has support for 130 languages, including Icelandic. Time to update or lose some license restrictions and move open source. What are you paying for, other than sub-par technology? Tesseract is a project supported by Google with an Apache 2.0 license.

Foxit and ABBYY Finereader also have support. Adobe is severely lagging behind here. The tesseract engine is particularly good at character recognition but does not have a very nice interface. There…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Have a single deskew tool using handle to rotate or enter degrees to get the best results

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Lovekesh garg responded

Thanks for reporting your concern. As of now there is no such option. I will share this idea with the team.
    We will get back to you if there is any update.

Thanks.

6. Acrobat DC doesn't remember settings of action "Create PDF file from scanner", in Output: i have to manually select "Multiple files" instead of the default "One File",
    and when saving files at the end of the scan, i have each time to change the default acrobat directory.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reporting your concern. This is the designed behavior as of now.
    We will look into this and inform you if fixed.

Thanks.

7. Add the Arabic language to recognize texts when scanning documents
    So that the modification of the text in Arabic becomes possible and compatible with the original font

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I used to deskew in Adobe Acrobat Pro whenever I OCR'ed a document. And the deskewing worked so well: every page would be rotated a tiny amount and usually the improvement was noticeable.

In Adobe Acrobat DC (on macOS 10.15.7), the "Recognize Text" function no longer performs deskewing. So I OCR and deskew using the "Enhance" function under Scan & OCR:

Scan & OCR > Enhance > Scanned Document > Deskew

However it doesn't seem to work. Although the Deskew feature is turned on in Filters under Settings, when I run Enhance, it doesn't actually deskew. (And worse, unless I…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add Bahasa Indonesia language. It is the 10th most spoken language in the world!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please develope OCR for Tibetan and Devanagari (More then 120 languages use it such as Hindi, Nepali, Marathi, Maithili, Awadhi, Newari and Bhojpuri and Classical Sanskrit). This would benefit millions of people and would be a huge contribution to humanitarian sciences, which deal with manuscripts in these languages, trying to retrieve ancient wisdome that is in much need in these modern times.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Acrobat DC, Windows 10, 16 GB RAM, relatively fast processor.

(1) I frequently must OCR documents of 2,000 pages or more. With Acrobat for Mac (which I used from 2012 to 2018), I could start the OCR process, go away for an hour or two or three, and it would be finished with the entire document when I returned. With Acrobat DC for Windows, if I try to OCR more than about 150 pages at a time, Acrobat will crash. Not immediately, but after it's run for 10 minutes or so. All progress will be lost. I will have to…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I use Adobe Scan (Pro) for iOS for scanning hundreds of archival documents for research. The scans are saved to Adobe Document Cloud by default, no other storage loation is possible. However, I need offline access to the files from several devices, whereby Adobe Online is an unacceptable option (as the name suggests). Instead, I would want to save all scans to my Dropbox automatically, which is a built-in feature in many other scanning apps (e.g., Abbyy FineScanner). Adobe, on the other hand, makes transferring scans to Dropbox infuriatingly cumbersome.

Currently, there is no other way than a) to share…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. after answering the question in https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-sdk/indonesian-language-is-not-available-for-ocr/m-p/8612746 , its been 5 years until now, and there is still no Indonesia language in OCR

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adobe does not convert OCR characters when converting a PDF to a Word document. This is an important feature to many people. Other PDF software offers this. Adobe needs to realize the importance of this feature that has been offered for over a decade by other software companies.

As Abbyy states "Optical Character Recognition, or OCR, is a technology that enables you to convert different types of documents, such as scanned paper documents, PDF files or images captured by a digital camera into editable and searchable data."

If Abbyy can do it, why can't Adobe? I will have to use…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A button to straighten a scanned document would be so useful, particularly for anyone using a document feeder to scan. Currently, if you go to edit the document, it will straighten the pages for you, but it will sometimes convert handwritten notes into a font and change their appearance, which isn't ideal for signatures, for example. So, a separate option to straighten the document would be life changing for me at work.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reporting your concern.
    Raising a feature request for you. We will get back to you once this request is prioritized and implemented.

Thanks.

17. I was able to do this in the past. The most recent update must have removed the ability. I would select the "spot" or the edge of the page where the document feeder skewed the page in the scanner, then hit delete. Now I am unable to do this. I want to be able to present clean documents.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If I am not wrong you are using edit functionality of Acrobat. There you can select the edge or small bounding ox and delete it if it is not required.
    If not please use Edit tool.

If you are facing any issue on any file please share the files.

Thanks.

18. After OCR recognition provide a facility not just for correcting the text, but for meta-data labeling of fields and regions. This data would make machine-learned document management much more effective.
    For example, the automated extraction of data from Insurance company EOBs. You might argue, of course, that this is not in Adobe's balliwick, but I'd argue that this is a natural addition to your commenting tools.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reporting your concern.
    For the first question, ability to correct OCRed text. This functionality is already there. Go to Tools> Enhance scan> Recognize text> Correct Recognize text

For the 2nd query I will raise a feature request for you. We will look into this and inform you if there is nay update.

Thanks.

19. I'm trying to deskew a PDF in Acrobat Pro DC, but it will only work when compression is on at the 3rd lowest setting.
    When trying to go higher or turn compression off the deskew fails.

PDF is attached and also here:
    https://forums.adobe.com/external-link.jspa?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdrive.google.com%2Fopen%3Fid%3D0B4cPyQRFPy9JdkFJYjljbmlWcWs

Settings attached as image.

Acrobat Pro DC v. 2017.012.20098

Is this a bug or a feature? :-)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. OCR in 2 languages. I index everything. Currently I have to hold two copies of files containing (for example) Chinese and English. A related issue is papers with special symbols. Lots of technical papers in English use Greek-letter symbols. Acrobat does an amazingly good job at reading Classical Chinese characters (slow, but worth the wait). If it can handle that, it ought to be able to handle multiple alphabets.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?