Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

295 results found

1. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Preprocess text scans by determining the fix width used for spaces recognizing that the gaps between words can be integral spaces. Use that information to bound the locations containing characters within a box which have no room for one or more space between them.

During later text scanning make the presumption that the box contains text only and no spaces so that "2012" is not scanned as two fields such as "20 " and "12 " or as "20 I " and "2". Recognition of space wideth can also be used to determine with greater accuracy when some blob is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Lovekesh garg responded

Thanks for the suggestion. We will look into this. We will update you once there is an update.

Thanks.

3. Preprocces to recognize features of forms such as boxes with or without checks and the boxes around fields.

I scan image documents to be able to search for technical reviews or to export them to excel, access, or word. Current situation: On forms empty or full check boxes are frequently recognized as text and the text is wrong and takes a long time to correct. The same occurs with text near boundaries around form fields. If form type features such as check boxes and field boundaries can be recognized by a scanning algorithm very different from the small box scan…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Preprocces to recognize features of forms such as boxes with or without checks and the boxes around fields.

I scan image documents to be able to search for technical reviews or to export them to excel, access, or word. Current situation: On forms empty or full check boxes are frequently recognized as text and the text is wrong and takes a long time to correct. The same occurs with text near boundaries around form fields. If form type features such as check boxes and field boundaries can be recognized by a scanning algorithm very different from the small box scan…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Lovekesh garg responded

Thanks for the suggestion. We will look into this. We will update you once there is an update.

Thanks.

5. Please provide an additional app similar to Acrobat Distiller but for OCR so it can become a drag and drop type of function for batch files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. My Adobe Acrobat DC updated overnight and now my custom scanning tools do not work. Previously I had a custom tool I named scanning with two shortcuts. One for black and white scan, and another for custom scan which I set up to scan both sides. After the update, my scanning tool and shortcuts were there, but they don't work. I tried to recreate, but I cannot scan anything without going to file > create > PDF from scanner, which then brings up enhanced scans. The Black & White tool in the Create Custom Tool does not work. Seems like…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When viewing and correcting scanned text, the field is so small as to not include the whole word. Also, it would be much easier to just retype the correct text directly in the document

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When I open up a document on my Macbook which has been scanned in using Adobe Scan (on my phone) then Adobe crashes. Mostly it does this before I can save the files to local disk. Once on local disk, it opens them OK.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A patch is urgently needed for Adobe Acrobat Pro XI and DC to overcome Windows' misbehavior vs. Acrobat after the latest update. Acrobat crashes during scan under Windows 10 latest update, often when one scans the first page, but sometimes only after one page or maximum two. I verified that by installing a fresh Windows 10 Enterprise, checked that Acrobat works; then Windows 10 was updated to the latest version and Acrobat scan stopped working on TWO different computers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Lovekesh garg responded

We are glad to hear that the issue is resolved. Please get back to us if you face any other issue.
    Thanks.

10. Scanner produces PDF files. It is useful to copy sketches from PDF file into other documents by copying portion of the PDF - select rectangle and copy/paste. This worked previously in Acrobat Reader but drops partial image content in Acrobat DC. Try it with binary scanned image attached.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Lovekesh garg responded

Workaround provided. No response from the customer. So closing this thread.
    Thanks.

11. Adobe Scan is missing "Scanning a Biometric Photo" feature.

This is common need in general document processes and a very useful option.

Actual apps on the market does not work well or not practical.
    It would be very helpful if Adobe Scan adds it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please improve the accuracy of OCR. The screen capture is from "review recognized text."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I manually scan receipts (see attached) and every time I run OCR on this receipt, it skews, and the new version of Acrobat Pro doesn't have an "unskew" tool (or at least one I could find). Strangely, after I used Photoshop to redact my name (near the top), the OCR proceeded just fine--so this is the unredacted copy. Fortunately, there's not a lot of personal information.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I have documents in both French and English. Changing the OCR language from English US to French results in an immediate crash, repeatedly. Note that changing to English UK does not.

I removed by Prefs file, and all starts working again....for a couple of days. I first scan French! Then English! But when I go back to French, an immediate crash.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A tool for OCR and AI based file renaming based on content is missing. The market doesn't offer anything simple or affordable. Simply define content using OCR and use a job routine to automatically monitor a folder and rename the files in the background for further use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. First, in order to start the OCR process in Acrobat DC (Windows), you must have a PDF file open. If you want to OCR multiple files, whether they're open or must be added from a folder, you must choose the Add Files option at the top of the window. That's when you get the "menu" options "Add files", "Add folders" and "Add open folders," which is all fine. But the initial file has already been selected and has populated the window, so if you "Add Open Files", for instance, you always get the annoying pop-up error that the first file…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • The Ability To Scan & Recognize Sheet Music (Fonts, Dynamics, Staff, etc.)
    • Example: Avid's Neuratron Photoscore or Finale's ScanScore 3 Professional. However, Their OCR Recognition is Terrible, always with numerous mistakes.
    • Adobe Acrobat will attempt to Scan/Recognize, but replace the Music Fonts with System Fonts, Recognize the Staff as Underline, etc., and Ruin the Music Score. I have experienced this while editing/creating Music Books with Sheet Music Professionaly.
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create a tool that makes low resolution documents high resolution so OCR will work. User needs to be able to redact documents, but OCR doesn't work. She has to go in and print to Microsoft pdf and then she is able to OCR and search.

Please cut out some steps by making this automatic or adding a tool.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Using Windows 10 and both new and old Acrobat DC experience crash (program closes) when I try to OCR with my Xerox Duplex Combo Scanner (which I have used for 5+ years without a problem before today). I have tried going through Enhance in Scan & OCR (in old experience) and it also crashes (not if I de-select Recognize Text, however). Not sure why all of a sudden, program crashes out on OCR (I have tried several scanned documents). Quite frustrating!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I've tried running OCR scans for English text multiple times on my document but it never works despite my document's text being very clear. I'm running version 2023.006.20320. It is quite disappointing that Acrobat can't even recognise the text when it's so clear. It's not like this scan was a poor quality scan even!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?