Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

282 results found

1. Missing filters from the webpage "In Progress" Waiting for you" "Completed" and "Templates"

Currently have to sign into webpage to get real clarity on what's going on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A logging feature similar to messages traces in offices365 with retention policies.

If a sensitive document is shared with an external party we want to know what was shared, when it was shared, and to who it was shared. Ideally this information would be store based on the companies retention policies (10 Years, 5 Years, etc.)

Would also be nice to have an eDiscovery function as well similar to O365

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi, I use adobe reader dc. Need to digital sign a lot of documents and for this a lot of time is wasted. Selecting each time a specified area and sign every docs. is there a short way to do so that all docs are sign at once. I used the actin wizard and tried it but it also same just some relief.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The certificates do out-date, different from the business ones they expire in 1 to 2 years, so all signed document present very often "problems with the validation", you should change they way the errors are handle, since a not changed document, legally signed in the time period of the signature, is a complete different story from a changed document, or not valid signature.

Once again all signed documents will have expired signature, and it does not really mean there is an issue, just a new signature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hello,

Pertaining to Adobe Acrobat, is it possible to add a protection feature that prohibits files/pages from being extracted from portfolios or multiple file PDFs? It seems odd that this feature has not already been added as it freely allows for files to be saved and used for whatever purpose, which is anything but secure. I think this feature should be considered as it would allow for people's work to be better protected.

Thanks in advance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. dear acrobat. a lot of legal professionals use your software. we have no - zero - zip - nada use for SECURED PDFs. These are a huge time-waster for me. No courts require or care about PDF security. It just makes my job harder. Please release a version of Adobe that automatically strips all security from PDFs and doesn't automatically create unwanted and useless restrictions that WASTE MY TIME.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When trying to sign a document with a Digital ID more specifically a PKI certificate, I can create the block for the signature and Acrobat can see my Digital ID signature, however when I go to sign, the "sign" button is non functional.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I created a PDF document of around 2MB file size and then went to Protection. Added both password to open and edit, both with 256-Bit AES. Saved the file with a 25 characters password.

Now I Googled this "How to bypass a PDF Password", the third link is this "https://smallpdf.com/unlock-pdf".

I dropped the encrypted file into the slot provided. assuming that it cant ***** it.

But unfortunately the password was cracked both from the opening and editing end.

I find this very disturbing !

Kindly check this and let me know how to ensure that a password protected…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. IF i am having a pdf docs which i need to sign on all the pages, i need to sign this each time on each page and save each tine after each signature, each time selection of tools is also a pain!! don't understand why each time after placing a certificate, pdf asking to save after signature/certificate are placed, it should give a final confirmation once everything is done. i can understand its for security but at least the person who is signing should have this option that he can sign on all docs and at the end save everything.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I am running Acrobat Pro 2020 version 2020.001.30018 (most current version per the software) on OS 11.0.1 Big Sur.

I have had this problem numerous times with at least 5-6 different forms (for example, self-created from Word, IRS-generated forms, etc.) in the last month. I open a form and complete fields and save it - no problem. Then I insert a signature - no problem. BUT, when I then try to save again (after insertion of signature jpg, always the final step), the Adobe window goes blank and I see the infinite spinning wheel. The only option is to force…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have clients that want to attach my drawings to their pdfs but I protect my drawings from editing. They want me to unprotect them and allow editing. I do not want to do that. I would like adobe to have a security feature where you allow attaching to other documents but you do not allow editing the document that is already protected. Clients are very angry that I wont give them the password.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I sent a document to be signed. When I looked at it afterwards, it didn't look signed. When I tried to amend it, it wouldn't let me because it said it had been signed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Password protected encrypted file with a time limit

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Requesting that the Certificate Key Usage be presented on the "Sign with a Digital ID" prompt. Being able to see the key usage would ensure users are picking the certificate with Non-Repudiation in environments where users have two certificates with Digital Signatures.

Attached is an example of the current prompt and an example of the desired prompt.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There should be multiple options to password protect a pdf, not just read/edit.

When you make a pdf that is password protected, you have to make sure that whoever you are sending it to, understands how to enter the password, change the password and/or turn off the password. Not everyone uses Acrobat.

To remove a password, you don't have to go into File > Properties and click the “Security” tab. Click the “Security Method” box, select “No Security”, and click “OK” to remove the password.

Not everyone understands Acrobat. When you password protect a pdf, there should be an option…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be nice if you could change the date format in the Digital Signature to North American format (MM/DD/YYYY instead of YYYY.MM.DD)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Due to OCSP caching, Acrobat most of the time adds stale OCSP to digitally signed documents with long-term validation (LTV)

PAdES-LT and -LTA profiles require signature to include qualified timestamp and OCSP's thisUpdate time must be AFTER signature time as certified by qualified timestamp - otherwise OCSP can't be used for signature validation.

Thus, when adding LTV data to signed documents, Acrobat should always check:

1) whether the signature contains qualified timestamp
    2) whether OCSP's thisUpdate time is AFTER the timestamp time (it's not allowed to consider any clock skew here since qualified timestamp servers and OCSP responders should be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Simple. An option to say that "this document does not allow digital signatures", and another that prevents users from doing sign and fill functions so they can't inject or insert a drawn or imported signature.

This is because we have a form that we have applicants fill, but it must be signed and initialed by hand. Applicants left unsupervised do lots of things we don't want them to do.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?