Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

282 results found

1. Use R programming for encryption as classical encryption is old & easy to break

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. "The lock document after signing" checkbox is not keyboard accessible.

WCAG 2.0 and 2.1

Success Criteria 2.1.1 Keyboard Accessibility

To reproduce this problem open the test.pdf and select the signature field. Choose or create a digital signature and select Continue.
    Use the tab key to navigate the document.
    You will see that keyboard focus moves from the Create button (upper right) to "View Certificate Details" and "Lock document after signing" never receives Focus.

"Lock document after signing" is not keyboard accessible.

Tested on WIndows 7 and WIndows 10 with Acrobat DC Pro and Reader 2019.021.20061 and 2019.021.20058.

This feature was…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. provide for replcement of signees after an email is entered is 'undeliverable" due to an eror or a typo in the address

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. On the moment I add a digitally signature, I need to save the document. It is only possible, on this point, to save the document locally. It would be great if I could save it then in the cloud, so I don't need to save the document locally first.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Les accents aigus ne sont pas acceptés pour le mot de passe des PDF. é = non accepté || https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/les-accents-

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have thousands of PDFs that have been password protected with the same password. I need to remove that security to add metadata to these files. There is no way that I can see to create an Action Wizard to batch process these files in Acrobat DC. Huge problem.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We have a business need to completely secure our invoice PDFs when the file is created. We are able to set a password when generating the PDF through a third party application which prevents editing via the Tools, but it doesn't get applied to File > Properties > Security > Change Settings. It allows you to go into Change Settings without the password, cancel out, after which the PDF can be edited. Is there a way to apply security during document creation to prevent Change Settings access as well?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. There is no way to validate a digital signature for a printed document. If a QR code was generated and included with the digital signature a person could then validate a digital signature for printed documents. Some business are reluctant to use digital signatures for printed documents because of this and continue to use wet signatures. QR code reader apps are widely available for smart phones.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Your pathetic sign in procedure interrupts me every few seconds, no matter how many times I sign in. I have been trying to notify you of this for months. If you don't have somebody call me at 707-688-4639, simply CANCEL my subscription.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Suggesting: Fill-able Fields and Signature Fields should have separate rights and properties that made them independently manageable such as:

Providing users the ability to lock out the ability to fill out a fields SEPARATELY from signing fields when using password protection

OR simply making these fill-able and singable fields distinctly separate to where when going through the process to send a document out for the signature of recipients, users are able to ensure that fill-able fields REMAIN READ ONLY.

Problem: We would like to fill out a form for a new employee including their pay rate for their offer letter.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I purchased an acrobat pro for teams license to evaluate the forced identity authentication feature and demonstrate the expected benefits to my organization. Thus, I cannot activate the signature settings. Can you please help?
    Thanks in advance!

P.S.: on a side note, looking back at an incredibly difficult installation process I would appreciate if you could provide the DC installation package separate from the creative cloud desktop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The protection for editing does not work at all under mac Os and the popular PDF editor "PDF Expert". With preview the PDF`s cannot be edited, but with PDF-Expert it is possible without any password. A joke! Such "security" is completely useless.
    Acrobat DC latest. macOS 10.14.6

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bugreport:
    When adding an annotation (without appearance) and afterwards signing it, adobe reader/acrobat reports that the document has been changed afterwards when validating the signature. This is however not the case. The PDF Viewer basically thinks "ah there is an annotation missing thus i am adding one. Ah and surprise, surprise the document was changed now (by me and in memory) but still I report it..." However the actual state of the document is, that there was no change afterwards.
    This bug has been described on several mailinglists (itext, stackoverflow etc) in the past, too.
    See the attached example.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The new workflow for digital signing of documents looks quite pretty, but before the update i could draw the box, hit "enter" twice, press left arrow, hit enter again and Alt+F4 out, then the document has been signed. Now i could not confirm the certificate, I want to use for signing, with the "enter" key and I cant confirm the appearance of the signature with the "enter" key. So please make confirmation with "enter" possible again, this will hugely increase my workflow, since the whole process is already annoying enough if you have to sign a lot of documents

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. please can you tell me how to change fill and sign so that the date is not entered when the person signs the document

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I very strongly dislike the fact that I have to enter my password just to view an Adobe document. It is highly annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We just notcied a strange behavior of Acrobat/Adobe Reader (DC 2019.021.20056) and found the root cause:

There's a generated PDF that uses standard fonts which are referenced through the AcroForm default resources entry, too. Strangely the font has a Name entry in its dictionary:

3 0 obj
    <</Type/Font/Subtype/Type1/BaseFont/Helvetica/Name/F1/Encoding/WinAnsiEncoding>>
    endobj

We add 2 signature fields with our own tool and certify/sign one field. This results in a valid document, which you can download here (https://customers.setasign.com/adobe/document-with-name-in-font.pdf). Do not wonder, there's really only a single line on the page.

When you open this document in Adobe Acrobat or Reader and sign…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. GO back... I use digital signatures on many GOV forms, the new version is broken, return to versions that worked

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?