Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

282 results found

1. Here are some key steps on how to create an effective online retail strategy:

Define your target audience. Who are you selling to? What are their needs and wants? Once you know who your target audience is, you can tailor your products, marketing, and branding to appeal to them.
    Choose the right products. What products will you sell in your store? Make sure to choose products that are in demand and that you can source at a competitive price.
    Set up a secure and user-friendly website. Your website is your storefront, so it's important to make sure it's secure and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. enabling the Acrobat app for iOS (and Android) to allow people to digitally sign PDFs when they attach a smart card reader to the USB-C port and insert their PIV card

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Adobe Acrobat will prompt users to sign-in to Adobe.com when we need to sign documents. As a best practice, complex passwords are encouraged in all our accounts. Adobe.com enforces this by asking for passwords which must have:

1) Contains at least 8 characters
    2) Contains both lower (a-z) and upper case letters (A-Z)
    3) Contains at least one number (0-9) or a symbol
    4) Does not contain your name or email address
    5) Is not commonly used or a previous password

As a result, many of us, as an enterprise or as individuals have adopted password managers such as browser…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When working remote, we want to make sure that all employees have the 2FA enabled. To do this we think that the Admins on behalf of the Organization should be able to request or access a users list or a report that would fetch all the users that have 2-factor authentication enabled. This would help the Organization to maintain a level of security and would also help to reach out to those that have the 2FA disabled and assist them in enabling it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have a PDF that I created on pdffiller.com that has a signature field. After signing the signature field through Telerik's PdfProcessing library, Acrobat does not show the PDF as being signed. Although, Foxit PDF Reader and Telerik's WPF PdfViewer do show the document as being signed.

I have attached the before and after PDFs.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The max session life option is currently 14 days. Our users have complained about having to sign in too often. Can we please have the option for 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, or even allow a custom value as everyone has different security requirements. There is the option for "Not set" which is good to have but security requirements may need at least some limit.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The now "old" Acrobat used to show a big lock icon on a locked PDF, above the page display column. VERY useful. Now with the new and "improved" interface, that icon is gone. How about bringing that back, JUST so one can tell at a glance the security status of a PDF. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please, include Serbia as a country/region in the set up of a Digital ID and signature, there is only Yugoslavia!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please add a keyboard shortcut to digitally sign a document. Every day I have dozens of documents I need to apply a digital signature. I have to click Certificates then the Digitally Sign button. With a keyboard shortcut I could incorporate it into a Dragon Script, and then I think it would also be available to use in the Action Wizard.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. This bug is very repeatable. It affects Acrobat Pro on all M1 and M2 macs.

If you turn ON "Enable native OS mode for optimal performance" (under Preferences > General > Application Statup), you can't read a password protected PDF. You are prompted to enter the password, but it behaves as if you have typed in an incorrect password.

Turn it OFF and Acrobat Pro will accept passwords perfectly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When content copying is not allowed, adobe reader does not allowing to copy but data can be copied when during the Chrome browser print preview. It is not supposed to be.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please make an option for a handwritten/image signature to be mandatory in order for the client to sign.

(Our clients with special needs really struggle to find the fountain pen to do a handwritten signature. So they only type their name (default setting), and the funding body doesn't pay us.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Proposal for work to begin at 643 W. Las Lomitas

A assessment was Done for Irrigation and WELL WATER meter to find problems and create solutions 4/4/2023

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. PDF files cannot be protected from converting to other document types.Even after using Pro version,encrypting with password, others could convert our documents to word file using 3rd party sites.If using encrypting with certificate,conversion is not possible but others cannot view our document.What is the solution to secure our pdf files allowing others to view but not to print,edit or convert?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We have a secured PDF that we created. It's password protected. I am trying to allow people to print a hard copy, but I don't want them to be able to choose 'Adobe PDF' or 'Microsoft Print to PDF' as the printer because that just circumvents the whole security process. How can I stop people from that? They can just "print" an unprotected version of the secured document. How about a way to allow physical printers only, say, printers with real device IDs or IP addresses? I don't know how the print dialog can distinguish between physical printers and "soft"…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If you add a new certificate to the keychain access application (MacOS) and try to sign any PDF, you will success. However, after that, If you delete the certificate added before and try to sign same original document, you will get "The selected credentials for signing is invalid". The same certificate is still valid because I can authenticate on websites and also I sign documents with other tools (Autofirma)

I think there are a few things here to improve:

1. The error message: It would be great if the error says why the credential is invalid, and also a possible solution.
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The e-signature process is not user friendly for two main reasons:

1) Once you have uploaded all signers and receivers and moved to indicate where to sign I have not found a way to go back to add a signer if I forgot one

2) If you have partially completed your e-signature form and have to move to another task it is impossible to save your partial work. For a complex form, this is very inconvenient. This is made even more so as after a certain time of inactivity, the system deletes all changes.

If these two aspects already have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Some users have already encountered this problem as well:
    If a PMI is selected in a 3D-PDF, it doesn't highlight the linked feature (surface) per default. Apparently, you need to set 3 settings, this is universal across the latest releases and different platforms:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/pmi-linked-faces-in-3d-pdf-do-not-highlight/m-p/12734910
    https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/926812-acrobat-reader-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/45017893-bug-pmi-cross-highlighting-not-working-for-3d-pd

While two of them aren't critical, the deactivation of the protected mode of the Adobe Reader is not an acceptable solution if you run these PDFs in a commercial environment.
    Are there any other solutions? Any ideas how to solve this?

Since I see 3D PDFs as the future standard medium for 3D info exchange,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Trying to open signed document, says have to sign in again as it is a protected document. Click on the next button, then click on continue, a window pops up for google but quickly disappears and goes back to Adobe, and say to open the document you need to sign in again. Cannot access the document...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. After creating a pdf file with MANY bookmarks through a professional tax preparation program, I save it, password protect it, close it and email it to a client. When I go back and open the saved password protected file, all the bookmarks are gone! WHY? Is it the password protecting that wipes them out? I use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and I pay for multiple copies on my computers but this is not acceptable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?