Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

282 results found

1. "The lock document after signing" checkbox is not keyboard accessible.

WCAG 2.0 and 2.1

Success Criteria 2.1.1 Keyboard Accessibility

To reproduce this problem open the test.pdf and select the signature field. Choose or create a digital signature and select Continue.
    Use the tab key to navigate the document.
    You will see that keyboard focus moves from the Create button (upper right) to "View Certificate Details" and "Lock document after signing" never receives Focus.

"Lock document after signing" is not keyboard accessible.

Tested on WIndows 7 and WIndows 10 with Acrobat DC Pro and Reader 2019.021.20061 and 2019.021.20058.

This feature was…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We just notcied a strange behavior of Acrobat/Adobe Reader (DC 2019.021.20056) and found the root cause:

There's a generated PDF that uses standard fonts which are referenced through the AcroForm default resources entry, too. Strangely the font has a Name entry in its dictionary:

3 0 obj
    <</Type/Font/Subtype/Type1/BaseFont/Helvetica/Name/F1/Encoding/WinAnsiEncoding>>
    endobj

We add 2 signature fields with our own tool and certify/sign one field. This results in a valid document, which you can download here (https://customers.setasign.com/adobe/document-with-name-in-font.pdf). Do not wonder, there's really only a single line on the page.

When you open this document in Adobe Acrobat or Reader and sign…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I need to share a PDF of some confidential documents of our business that are integral to finalising a deal with a new partner. They need to view these documents before they can sign an agreement

I can ensure that they cannot copy, edit or print the PDF, but I cannot stop them from downloading a copy and storing it locally. Even though this copy would also be uncopyable or unprintable they would be able to share their local copy with other people if they shared their password too.

It would be a good feature to stop a local copy…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. HI IS VERY SCARY PLEASE FIX THIS BUG

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have thousands of PDFs that have been password protected with the same password. I need to remove that security to add metadata to these files. There is no way that I can see to create an Action Wizard to batch process these files in Acrobat DC. Huge problem.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Acrobat Pro DC is adding password protection to Calif. Judicial Council forms, but not at first when form is downloaded. Can use the form initially ok, but in process of saving and re-opening (I think) Acrobat decides to add a password and then the form becomes uneditable since I don't know the password that Acrobat has created for the file. This is really unacceptable since I am a lawyer and I need to use those forms and I have to be able to edit after I initially create them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The list of available security policies is not displayed in any recognizable order when creating a security envelope. This requires me to scroll through the entire list looking for the randomely-displayed policy. Strangely, when ecncrypting a single file, the "Manage Security Policies" option displays policies in Alpha-Numeric order. For persons using numerous policies each day to create envelopes, it would be a big improvement to be able to scroll quickly through a sorted list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I need a simple box that can be added into a form which activates the drawing tool to enter a manual signature. If someone is filling out a form, they won't know at the signature point they have to jump to the tool menu and select the pen. For a user they are in the form, keep them in the form. Just a simple setting on a signature box to switch it to pen rather then Digital ID would be great.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There is a bug in Acrobat Pro DC that allows people to print encrypted secure pdf files to pdf, and the new pdf that is produced has no security or encryption.

After creating a pdf from a Word doc, I secure it with certificate or password security using a policy. Under Permissions for the policy, I chose Printing Allowed: High Resolution and Changes Allowed: None. I also uncheck enable text access for screen readers. I save the pdf and close it. I then reopen the pdf and check Document Properties, which state that printing in Allowed and everything else is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have two secured PDF's. I need to compare the two documents in Adobe Acrobat but I am unable to. I get a message (attached).

Can you please add the ability to compare secured PDF's?

This is an important feature that SHOULD be available in your product.

I am currently using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017.

Thank you

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. As it stands, after every 3 hours a sign in prompt appears asking if the user is still associated with the signed in account; our labs are public spaces, and we want to control the sign ins for our devices (keep them logged in to our Adobe Shared Device accounts), to stop any unwanted downloads, updates, or other factors that could clog machines, or prove to be security risks.

Please could you implement a control setting that enables or disables sign in prompts, or remove the feature altogether, as it isn't necessary in most cases, and doesn't provide any extra…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Добрый день. При оформлении подписки я допустил ошибку указав несуществующий адрес электронной почты igoi.belovkr@yandex.ru. Оплата прошла, но пользоватся не могу, верный адрес электронной почты igor.belovkr@yandex.ru

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. With FIPS mode disabled, users have three selections of encryption levels:
    * Acrobat 6.0 and later compatibility (128-bit RC4)
    * Acrobat 7.0 and later compatibility (128-bit AES)
    * Acrobat X and later compatibility (256-bit AES)

There is concern amongst our security community that 128-bit RC4 is not a very strong encryption method. We would like to be able to prevent users from choosing this option. It would be helpful if there were a security policy or registry setting that would allow us to hide this encryption selection from all menus.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. After drawing box for signature screen goes gray and the window never pops up to make selection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Without using the password, a secured PDF can be rendered unsecured easily with Acrobat Professional. Click on the Tools tab, click Edit, then allow Acrobat to save a copy of the file. Password protection is removed in the new file. I would consider this a serious bug that needs to be addressed promptly.
    Thank you

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can you please find a way to retain security settings after an update of Acrobat. It is very annoying(and unsecure) after automatic updates to find that you have been printing unsecured documents because an update removed your previous security settings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I am converting PS files to fillable PDF forms with an Action Wizard workflow that would run without interruption but recently, I have been getting security prompts telling me that the documents are not safe and adding the path of the documents, folders, or fileshare root does not skip the prompt.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hi, by default Acrobat (Reader, Standard and Pro) try to validate digital signatures with NONCE extension enabled, if it fails it reverts to CRL download. Since NONCE extension is not mandatory (regardless of being a best practice and better and secure way of validation - example: preventing replay attacks), many suppliers for several reasons cannot use it. My suggestion to make the application aligned with RFC and able to handle with all digital certificate suppliers would be to also check OCSP without the NONCE extension enabled.

1st - Check OCSP with NONCE extension enabled;
    -> new 2nd - check OCSP…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Many people in my organization were excited to hear about the "Send for Review" feature and eager to try it out. However, it doesn't work with protected documents, and it's critically important that we restrict printing for proofs that we send out.

We're not able to use this otherwise amazing feature without additional security options.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. After marking a 'Text and Images' redaction to a page and repeating across pages. Once you press apply it says its done, i'm skipping the removal of hidden info. Once I press save its saying there are sections which have not yet had the redaction applied? I can continually press apply and nothing seems to change. Once I close the document and save without applying redactions the program will crash but the file will still have saved a file that has the redacted info gone but not the style of redaction mark that was originally selected, the correct redaction style…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?