Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

282 results found

1. Good Morning Adobe

Firstly I would like to congratulate all the Adobe team due the great work that you’re doing with your software.

My suggestion for a new feature or modification one is:
    Be able to sign a PDF with a digital certificate instead of with a handwritted signature on IOS, specifically IPhone and IPad.

Why?
    Actually, in the EU states, the 100% legal signature is the one from a .pfx ; .p12 ; .cer and .crt government validated, it’s true that if we use the handwritted one it’s valid, but you have to proof that it’s not screenshooted or…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When Acrobat tries to verify digital signatures, it checks validity of all certificates included in the signed .pdf document. During this operation, it consults well-known Root CA authorities, locally trusted certificates, but also fetches all certificates from PKCS#11 Digital-ID token (if attached).

Since PKCS#11 Digital-ID tokens might be very slow, fetching certificates from it multiple times during each signature verification takes excessive amounts of time. No caching seems to be used in Acrobat: if the .pdf document contains 6 certificates, all certificates from Digital-ID token are fetched 6 times and this process might take 2.5 minutes.

This is a bug…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. "The lock document after signing" checkbox is not keyboard accessible.

WCAG 2.0 and 2.1

Success Criteria 2.1.1 Keyboard Accessibility

To reproduce this problem open the test.pdf and select the signature field. Choose or create a digital signature and select Continue.
    Use the tab key to navigate the document.
    You will see that keyboard focus moves from the Create button (upper right) to "View Certificate Details" and "Lock document after signing" never receives Focus.

"Lock document after signing" is not keyboard accessible.

Tested on WIndows 7 and WIndows 10 with Acrobat DC Pro and Reader 2019.021.20061 and 2019.021.20058.

This feature was…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Last update requires user to press any keys in password field so pasting password is not working. This leads to using worse, shorter passwords so decreases security. Passwords for signatures is really not the place you should prevent pasting passwords.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Currently the PDF signature routines of Acrobat fail when using certain certificates. As an SecSigner employee explains, this may be due to symmetric curve crypt algorithms or using PSS padding, cf. https://seccommerce.com/anforderungen-an-den-secsigner-im-rahmen-von-etsi/ (in German)

E.g. current PDF files by amazon.de result in the following error (German Acrobat DC installation, no pending updates):

Fehler bei Unterschriftsprüfung.

Bei der Prüfung ist ein Fehler aufgetreten:

Interner kryptografischer Bibliotheksfehler.
    Fehlercode: 0x2726

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In Acrobat IX I could create a digital signature field where the user, when getting the form and entering their pertinent information, could simply click on the field to digitally sign the form using their certificates from the employee badge. Did this option disappear entirely now? I don't want customers to have to select window, preferences, signatures and draw a rectangle to sign the form. Allow users to set up a block so the customer just needs to click the field and select their stored credential to sign the form. This is a MUST have option.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  cdas responded

User has been guided to add certificate based digital signatures

7. Acrobat DC Pro hides the 'digital signature' field unless you follow a very convoluted series of steps to find it. Recommend ALWAYS having the digital signature option available. Also, recommend disambiguating between 'signature' 'initial' and 'digital signature' fields. Conceptually very similar. Functionally very different.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  cdas responded

To use Digital Signature on Acrobat/Reader, if you have a signature field present on the pdf, you still can click on the document field and it would initiate the digital signature workflow. This functionality is still present in Acrobat DC. If you want to draw a signature on the pdf outside a signature box, please go to Tools—Certificates—Digitally Sign. That would enable you to draw a box on the pdf for the signature.

8. The max session life option is currently 14 days. Our users have complained about having to sign in too often. Can we please have the option for 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, or even allow a custom value as everyone has different security requirements. There is the option for "Not set" which is good to have but security requirements may need at least some limit.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please make an option for a handwritten/image signature to be mandatory in order for the client to sign.

(Our clients with special needs really struggle to find the fountain pen to do a handwritten signature. So they only type their name (default setting), and the funding body doesn't pay us.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Consistent crashing when trying to electronically sign yourself onto a pdf with a saved signature. This is a new bug since last update, has appeared in prior versions. Operating Mac OS Monterray 12.1.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. IF i am having a pdf docs which i need to sign on all the pages, i need to sign this each time on each page and save each tine after each signature, each time selection of tools is also a pain!! don't understand why each time after placing a certificate, pdf asking to save after signature/certificate are placed, it should give a final confirmation once everything is done. i can understand its for security but at least the person who is signing should have this option that he can sign on all docs and at the end save everything.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I am running Acrobat Pro 2020 version 2020.001.30018 (most current version per the software) on OS 11.0.1 Big Sur.

I have had this problem numerous times with at least 5-6 different forms (for example, self-created from Word, IRS-generated forms, etc.) in the last month. I open a form and complete fields and save it - no problem. Then I insert a signature - no problem. BUT, when I then try to save again (after insertion of signature jpg, always the final step), the Adobe window goes blank and I see the infinite spinning wheel. The only option is to force…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Requesting that the Certificate Key Usage be presented on the "Sign with a Digital ID" prompt. Being able to see the key usage would ensure users are picking the certificate with Non-Repudiation in environments where users have two certificates with Digital Signatures.

Attached is an example of the current prompt and an example of the desired prompt.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I sent a document to be signed. When I looked at it afterwards, it didn't look signed. When I tried to amend it, it wouldn't let me because it said it had been signed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add the ability to have an employee's title be added to their Digital ID when signing off/certifying a PDF

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Would like to have an auto save with changes for all files when auto protecting multiple PDF's using the wizard

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Subscribers to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC program should be able to get a signed BAA for HIPAA compliance instead of being told to purchase a second copy of Adobe Sign for Small Businesses just for the BAA.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. As it stands, after every 3 hours a sign in prompt appears asking if the user is still associated with the signed in account; our labs are public spaces, and we want to control the sign ins for our devices (keep them logged in to our Adobe Shared Device accounts), to stop any unwanted downloads, updates, or other factors that could clog machines, or prove to be security risks.

Please could you implement a control setting that enables or disables sign in prompts, or remove the feature altogether, as it isn't necessary in most cases, and doesn't provide any extra…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Without using the password, a secured PDF can be rendered unsecured easily with Acrobat Professional. Click on the Tools tab, click Edit, then allow Acrobat to save a copy of the file. Password protection is removed in the new file. I would consider this a serious bug that needs to be addressed promptly.
    Thank you

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When I have PDF security set to Content Copying: Not Allowed in Acrobat DC but allow low-resolution printing, I can still copy text from the PDF in Apple Preview. If I also set printing to Not Allowed, then copying of text is disabled. It's a both or none situation. I need to allow low-resolution printing, but not allow content copying.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?