Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

282 results found

1. Adobe AATL contains the certificate of Certum Digital Identification CA SHA2 (Serial: 66 DA EF 03 DB 84 61 91 6B 25 BA 83 FB 17 4E 13)

However, due to an error in the policy constraint of the CA certificate, all certificates issued by this certificate is not valid.

The current Certificate policies contain: 1.2.616.1.113527.2.5.1.6.11
    However, all end entity certificates contain: (either) 1.2.616.1.113527.2.5.1.6.11 | 1.2.616.1.113527.2.5.1.6.12 1.2.616.1.113527.2.5.1.6.13 | 1.2.616.1.113527.2.5.1.6.14

The three missed policy constraint created the error of
    "Invalid Policy Constraint"

This error was initially reported by myself on May 24th, 2018 at Twitter direct message.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. a DOCUMENT HAS PASSWORD NOW, BUT i NEVER GAVE IT A PASSWORD. hOW DO i GET IT OFF?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Adobe Acrobat / Reader currently does not support Chinese SM2 Digital Signature Algorithm.
    Hope to support in the future.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We have proprietary software that serves up PDF files stored in a location that end-users do not have access to. These documents can contain PHI and PII. We want to prevent the ability for users to send copies the document outside of our system. We have been able to lock down every aspect except for attaching to an email. There is a toolbar and menu option for this feature.

For security reasons I would like the ability to disable the attach as email feature the same way that I can disable WebMail.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I use the Adobe Acrobat DC to secure it with password so I can prevent the document from being copied or edited. However, when I upload it to Google Drive, it can turn into an EDITABLE document on One single Click. What is the use of this type of encryption?

Is there a way that I am missing out on that can help achieve secure the document from being copied or edited with such ease because I haven't found any.

Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In order to disable the password encryption option within Adobe Acrobat Standard and Professional DC, the complete security suite under Protected Mode needs to be disabled. This means that Enterprises that don't want users to password encrypt PDF documents have to remove the built in Sandboxing solution for PDF documents, thus compromising their security controls.
    There should be a granular capability to disable the option to password encrypt PDF documents, without having to turn-off other security features.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In Switzerland, as in the EU and many other countries, appropriately digitally signed documents in PDF format are legally fully equivalent to paper-based original documents, signed in handwriting by (one or more) signatories in the presence of witnesses.

STATUS QUO

Country specific differences in national law applicable to establishing the legal adequacy of digitally signed documents with their paper-based equivalents require country specific validation of digitally signed documents against applicable sets of criteria.

The following criteria need to be fulfilled, in order for a digitally signed PDF file to be considered VALID in the sense of LEGALLY COMPLIANT with the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Why do i have to keep signing in to use it. Why does it continually crash? Why has it stuffed my computer so that it runs at a snail pace?. You really have over engineered, over done the security, and over complicated this product. I will never use Adobe products again!!!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There should simply be an option when you click to sign form to add a digital signature. That was a feature that existed before, but now it's much more difficult to create digital signature boxes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. sorry if this already here. i want to search a file secured with permissions password. and add highlights too...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  cdas responded

Dear user,

Please launch the file in Acrobat /Reader. Press CTRL+D and check Security tab in Document properties.
    Please check the Document Restrictions Summary to see the list of actions permitted.
    Please could you share a screenshot of the same.

11. It would be good to have some sort of solution/ patch/ workaround/ update to prevent Google DocHub from being able to edit locked forms. I've noticed that by dropping an adobe pdf into DocHub does a few things:
    1. Even if document password protected to prevent editing it is easily editable and doesnt seem to honor those security settings
    2. When document is locked after signing DocHub allows all the previously fillable fields to be edited while still retaining the original signature
    3. even if a fillable form is converted to flattened copy, once dropped into DocHub all the fillable…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We have noted a bug with Acrobat Cloud version as the document timstamp no longer seems to be handle or recognized properly. Please see the word document with the captures of the output in the desktop version (windows) versus cloud version (Chrome). I'm also attaching the doc with the document.

The outcome should be same in cloud as in desktop.

If there is a problem with the document timestamp format, we would like to know what is wrong has this was supported before.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. enabling the Acrobat app for iOS (and Android) to allow people to digitally sign PDFs when they attach a smart card reader to the USB-C port and insert their PIV card

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please add a keyboard shortcut to digitally sign a document. Every day I have dozens of documents I need to apply a digital signature. I have to click Certificates then the Digitally Sign button. With a keyboard shortcut I could incorporate it into a Dragon Script, and then I think it would also be available to use in the Action Wizard.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The e-signature process is not user friendly for two main reasons:

1) Once you have uploaded all signers and receivers and moved to indicate where to sign I have not found a way to go back to add a signer if I forgot one

2) If you have partially completed your e-signature form and have to move to another task it is impossible to save your partial work. For a complex form, this is very inconvenient. This is made even more so as after a certain time of inactivity, the system deletes all changes.

If these two aspects already have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Trying to open signed document, says have to sign in again as it is a protected document. Click on the next button, then click on continue, a window pops up for google but quickly disappears and goes back to Adobe, and say to open the document you need to sign in again. Cannot access the document...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The reasons for signature list seems to be fixed. It would be nice to be able to add custom reasons to the list without editing the registry.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Why do I have to unlock PDF files from the Internet in order to print their content? That doesn't make sense.

When I print a document, I do not confirm the file to be save. Instead, I'm just converting the PDF file to an even saver format: the printed page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for Windows

Version 2022.001.20169 | 64bit

We statistically analyze the binary Acrobat.exe, and find several potential Null Pointer Dereference problems due to missing null check.

We mark these problems with the corresponding disassemble code address and pseudo code of IDA in the uploaded pdf.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. A suggestion for Adobe. It would be so great if pdf signature field properties could be configured to include the signatory's email address, or could be scripted to pull an email address entered in a text field in the same form, so that when the form is uploaded to Adobe Sign it already has signature fields with email addresses, and is ready to send for signatures. without having to type in email addresses and place signature fields. That would be a terrific option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?