Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1525 results found

1. Allow Acrobat DC Pro to open PDF in separate windows via new interface. The old interface had this but the new interface only allows PDFs to be opened in tabs.
    Svc Request No ADB-32804828-K2B6

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. See attached image. This toolbar that adds nothing new or useful other than to make it more difficult to access or read documents needs to be easily removed/minimized/docked by the end user. I can't imagine what made anyone think "obstructing access to the document is what users want!"

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please bring back the document page size in the lower left corner of the window. There's a preference for it but it's non-functional! I used to use this reference many times a day and now I have to go into doc properties to find it. Very frustrating!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The new "intuitive" layout is HORRIBLE. I do not understand what your motivation was for changing literally everything and moving things around to random locations. It makes no sense whatsoever.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. New floating quick toolbar to be stacked in the new acrobat experience
    the new floating bar covers the document areas and it is very annoying. User should be given the option to be able to stack the bar up down right or left.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bring the scale window back so I can see it and make changes faster

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. How, after so many years of development, is this application a steaming pile of buggy junk?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I DESPERATELY want a user preference that inhibits automatically opening the left side toolbar. I've seen a couple of other comments on the same topic where an Adobe engineer claims that F8 turns off the menu. News Flash: F8 does nothing in my Acrobat Reader AND I ALWAYS want the left-side tools menu hidden, unless summoned. I<b> READ</b> PDFs with Acrobat <b>Reader</b>, I don't need or want to see editing tools. So far (after YEARS of use) I haven't needed to redact, highlight, or annotate (comment), but I can see those capabilities as being potentially valuable when needed, though RARELY.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I hate the features bar on the right side. It is not natural to go to the bottom of a window to change the zoom or use tools that should be on the top ribbon. Please allow users to choose where they would like these tools. This is a horrible user experience and should definitely something people should be allowed to choose. This is going to cause so much more work for me when I need to comment a bunch on a document because I will have to click on a menu to get a comment box. I sometimes have…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The user interface for Adobe Acrobat is not intuitive, and the font is so tiny that it's difficult to read I want to switch it back to my original configuration and it won't allow me to do this. I hate it with a passion. I don't have time to fiddle around to try and figure out all this new stuff when it was fine before. It does not look slicker, and the toolbars are in the way when I am doing zoom, which is why I don't like it this way!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I tire of having to re learn how to do things that were one key stroke or mouse click operations but now are 2 hand tasks or impossible to do. Why is it so important to change look and feel to "be like" google or microsoft or apple?

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The quick tool icons were changed after Acrobat X during the overhaul of Acrobat's UI to DC and beyond. One of them was to make the tools in the quick access all GRAY, and eliminate their COLOR unil the pointer hovers over it.

This was a terrible decision and backwards step from a usability standpoint. Humans interact in their environment by perceiving things in color, lots of colors, and rely on color to understand and navigate the world. While shape outlines are one point of information to understand what a thing is, color adds considerable information to that mental processing…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please ungroup the Pan and Select icons in the toolbar. As an engineer who goes through dozens and dozens of PDF'd prints every day, the added step of switching between the two has become cumbersome very quickly. Here's the background: when I receive a D-sized print I need to be able to zoom in and then pan around, and usually do so quickly. I thought nothing of the change (once I figured out they were grouped), but it's slowly become annoying. There's plenty of space over there.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Adobe makes the top bar with 'File Edit, View, E-Sign, Window, Help disappear.
    I have to keep hitting F9 to make it return. Please stop it. I want those choices to stay put on the screen. When the bar disappears, I can't move the window to a new location on the desktop. Hitting F9 is constantly a burden while having Adobe open, and it does not always work consistently.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It used to work perfectly, but recently the display theme keeps switching back to light gray whenever I open Acrobat. It is highly annoying to have to switch the view settings every single time I use the app.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow all users to choose how they use toolbars, so they can set it up to however they work. This means allowing them to turn it on or off. If on, allow users to dock it to whatever part of the screen they want it on, top, bottom, left or right. And finally, allow them to expand the toolbar to be able to read the names OR have just the icons themselves. The new version isn't that bad, the users just need to know where the tools are, so they can use them. So my final suggestion is to have…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It's so annoying to have to close the All Tools and Bookmarks panes every time I open a document. None of the settings seem to work. Why isn't there a default option to hide these panes?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It appears you don’t respond to the various other posts about the same issue and haven’t addressed the problem in updates so I’m posting a new bug report here. Cannot believe how slow this programme is on my machine and it has been the same for months. Running Mac mini with Sonoma 14.2.1.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Expand tab width to display full document title.
    This was available in the previous version but was changed in the latest update.
    Instead of seeing the full title in the tab, I am now forced to click on the Window Menu to see it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?