Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1525 results found

1. How can I escape the default of all docs opening in tabs within one window? That does not suit my drafting needs AT ALL. I need them to open in separate windows & I can't figure out how to set that up. HELP.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. With the latest version of Adobe Acrobat the setting that previously worked to disable the Tools Pane on startup no longer works. This was obviously not added to regression testing procedures. I could not even take a screenshot of the Adobe Acrobat Reader version AS IT DISAPPEARS THE MOMENT I SELECT THE Microsoft Snipping tool!!! So ... via my smartphone camera, it's Continuous Release | Version 2023.003.20284 | 64-bit. I am using Windows 10 with latest updates.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The interface is way too cluttered. The top "toolbar" with "Home" and "Tools" and a feedback button is completely unnecessary. Stick those functions in the Mac Menu Bar and free up my screen real estate.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have Acrobat Pro and used to have the setting "Remember current state of Tools pane" checked so the tool pane wouldn't open for every pdf I open. This setting went away a few months ago and it's really annoying to have to close the tools pane every time I open a document.

I rarely need in the tools pane and would prefer it to be hidden most of the time.

Acrobat Pro Continuous Release Version 2023.006.20320 64-bit

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Remember current state of Tools Pane" doesn't work

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Adobe is clearly run by children. No adult would ever approve the pointless changes that Adobe consistently forces on us. Now instead of toolbars that help us we have annoying floating toolbars that can not be docked. WTF? Sure just randomly switch where the table of contents and tools are, no one uses them anyway because that are terrible tools. I wish i never learned any Adobe programs so i would not be fooled into trying to learn these useless new configurations. I want my money back and all the money i wasted learning a program with no evolution or…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I do not like it, you keep changing things that are not broken!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Constant " Not Responding " messages in PRO version.
    It seems a lot of users have the same issues with no help from the acrobat team.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Tabs have an empty area above them, meaning you can't take the mouse all the way to the top of the screen to quickly select a tab.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The new layout is not good for many of my routine tasks and is creating all kinds of trouble for me. I need to be able to hide toolbars in some cases and put toolbars at the top in others. This would allow me to maximize the size of the document on a vertical monitor when needed. Honestly, did you guys get any voice of the customer before making these changes?

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. New layout of Adobe Reader is utterly counterproductive, and makes everyday use of Adobe Reader much slower and confusing.
    I, as well as many other users I know, am using Bookmarks and Pages in at least 95% of times when I use Reader. Therefore, they should be placed on the left, where they are expected to be (it is simply a standard for similar "master-detail" situations).
    Also, primary tools, like paging, zoom-in and -out, are placed in a bottom-right corner, just like they were hiding?! But these are the basic tools, and they must be placed centrally, either on top…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I "critically" agree with some of the prior assessments I have read in the flow here. I think the comment from the user that "HATE"s the new interface is the best summary of the issue. While I doubt that the change was arbitrary, because companies rarely do things on a whim, I certainly don't agree with pushing a change for everyone. If the menu positioning is something people want flexibility with, then make this a user-controlled setting. Right now, flipping the prior configuration makes little sense, if only because the traditional layout has been the standard for a while and…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Poor redesign!! Placing the page number viewed in the LOWER RIGHT hand corner is NOT intuitive.... Who lets these designers create this, without consideration of the end user? Page numbers and accessibility to see all pages (to re-sequence) should have menu banners on top.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Brief description of the use case:
    starting from Adobe Document cloud in a SharePoint online environment I click on the "Desktop" button to open a PDF file in Adobe Reader.
    A selection window appears where i can start Acrobat Reader or download & install the app.
    The download button is highlighted in blue, and encourages me to be the better choice.

Error indication:
    The application is already installed by 100% of users. Due to a lack of permission on the desktop, Acrobat Reader cannot be downloaded and installed again.

Feature request:
    - Is it possible to remove this selection window…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Return back to prev search tools, especially new window with search results listed. And provide user choice tools on the toolbar across top.
    I spend so much more time trying to use newest ver. that I am looking for a better pdf reader solution...you screwed up the most useful tools.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. First of all: great new clean look of Acrobat interface, I really like it. finally I can put my long desired "save as..." button in the toolbar, crazy it is not there by default but I can live with that.

Now why are the above elements not editable? For example the most used tools as the black arrow and the hand tool are hidden both under the arrow tool. It's one click extra again every time I like to switch from the one tool to the other. Like in other Adobe applications, please make that toolbar fully editable so we…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The latest update no longer shows both the page label (book page number) and physical page number, only the physical page number. Can you please change this back to the way it was before? I work in book publishing, and now it's difficult to see which page of the book I'm viewing.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I feel like my hands are tied behind my back. I can't navigate the new design of the tool bar down the side. Let me have my tool bar back at the top

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. page navigation need to go back to left panel. Because cannot see both navigation and comment panel at the same time! or allow use to set their prefer panel layout!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have had Adobe Acrobat Pro for years and have just changed to Adobe Acrobat Pro within Creative Cloud.

I am thoroughly frustrated with the screen layout.

There is a toolbar OVER the top of the document area. There is a huge blank space at the top of the page that COULD be used to show menu items such as Search - but it is just a big blank. Ditto the right hand side of the screen.

Overall, far too much screen space has been wasted. Menus "hidden" by having to select various tabs. This has NOT been designed with…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?