Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1528 results found

1. I used to print details of the pages, and to do so I used the "Capture" button. Now that button has disappeared and I can't edit the buttons bar to add it back.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It took me no less than 2.5 hours to edit a PDF, prepare the form and request signatures. It felt like I was using dial up internet and have never seen the spinning wheel of death that much since 1998. I am not sure what is happening with the programming but y'all need to speed this up because I do NOT have the time to waste just waiting for the program to respond to mouse clicks or keyboard clacks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like to retain the ability to disable tabs, so that each file opens in a new window. It's so important in my job, I want all the pdf view in each separate window. I really hate the new version who don't be able to disable the tabs, all pdf are in a same window, it's so annoying and non productive. Bring back the option for giving the possibility to separate tab in many window for people like me who NEEDS in many windows.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The toolbar on the right is a horror show! I need full screen width. I want the old version or at least the option to set it up however I feel comfortable. Not forcing this nightmare.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can we not have a working icon to be able to save a file? And that pop-up window which shows recently used file saved locations can be awfully slow - can take 20+ seconds to display anything on occasions, but usually at least 10 seconds. Dreadfully slow process. On occasions it may even not function at all, stalled spinning wheel or no spinning wheel at all,

Acrobat DC is just sooo terribly terribly slow compared to the old installed versions of reader that used to exist... I still use Reader 4 on an 25 year old machine and it works…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Reader header conflicts with MS W7 window header. The two try to occupy the same real estate messing up both or either.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The new menu set up is more cumbersome than the old one. It now takes me 4 clicks to just be able to rotate my view as well as just navigating through the menu. Ideally, I'd like to be able to add items to the tool bars for quick access. The current set up is very irritating. Additionally, the new floating toolbar is annoying. Overlaying on top of the document causes it to be in the way all the time. I'd like to be able to dock it. I can also no longer make it so the tools bar doesn't…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I've updated from 32 to 64 bits Adobe acrobat Pro and the user interface experience is terrible:
    * I don't find anywhere the add textbox.
    * I don't see the number of pages nor the present page number
    * I cannot add a button to take snapshots and to take an snapshot I have to go to the text / tool search. I cannot find the option in the menus.

I miss a lot the 32 bits user interface. I loose a lot of time looking for commands that where easy to find in the 32 bits version.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When extracting multiple pages as files, Acrobat presents an old and cumbersome dialogue to select the folder in which to save the extracted files. This dialogue is difficult to navigate through. Why not simply use the standard Windows File Explorer? In addition to being hard to find one's way around, the dialogue always defaults to the top level of the directory, whereas the File Explorer defaults either to the last location used or the location of the source file, and normally, I can choose between these default options. Finally, this dialog provides no opportunity to name the extracted page files…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I understand engineers need to make a living, and therefore must come up with new and adventurous ways to "optimize" content. With the 23.001.20177 release of Pro tools are now delegated to one visible and one hidden list in the left sidebar. PDF standards are near the bottom of the hidden list. I use this all the time, so now I must go through multiple points and clicks to perform a task that was one click before. Either go back to the previous configuration or allow the toolbar to be customized. (I saw "solved" on an old previous thread on…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Since the last update, I can't find the most useful tools because there's no longer a normal, standard "file, edit, ..." menu across the top... and I don't know if it's possible to get it back in a "Classic" form... if so, it shouldn't be hard to realize or see how to do it. You've made this an usable piece of ****. I'm spending more time looking for the tools I've used intuitively before, and getting my temper under control, than doing real work. GIVE ME BACK A STANDARD FORM MENU ON THE TOP, WITHOUT SEARCHING AND HUNTING FOR SUCH…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Whenever I move a mouse while in Read Mode, a floating navigation bar gets displayed near the bottom of the page obstructing the text. There is no way to get rid of it. Yes, clicking the last icon in that bar makes it disappear, but it also causes leaving the Read Mode and displaying huge useless side bars.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I need the Adobe Reader window to be fully adjustable to fit around my various open programs. The latest update forces a minimum height, and the toolbars are not moveable.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The very definition of any update is to add features not move the existing features around so no one can find them. I use the comments tab to shade areas that need to be changed on CAD drawings a lot. I used to be able to select a wall and move it. Now I can't I have to search for rectangle when I need the comment feature so the menu pops up. There is no way to anchor the sub-menu on the tools where it used to be. There is no way to move all of the tools to the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Probably should make it look like Abobe X which was quick and easy to use.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hi, is there a way to return to the previous version of Adobe Acrobat Pro? The latest version is very difficult to work with in edition/comment mode (adding text, arrows, shapes) to the point of making my work extremely impractical.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. had to reinstall Acrobat DC and now a plug in that we use, all the icons in the menu are displayed as broken image icons. uninstalled both and reinstalled still no difference. Plug in is fine on 2023.003.20215 64bit, but on the 2023.003.20244 is where the issue is.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The feature in Menu -> Preferences -> Documents -> "Remember the current state of Tools Pane" is broken since the last update. Users wanting only the "Adobe Acrobat Reader" functionality simply do not need the "All tools" pane! Closing it repeatedly manually significantly deteriorates our productivity. I am on version 2023.003.20284 64-bit using Windows 10. How come such features were not included in your Regression Testing?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The older versions of Acrobat had the Page Naviagion region (number of pages of youir document, which page you were on, etc) on the default screen, on top and center. That was removed on the new version of Acrobat. Please restore that. It's omission basically makes Acrobat and Acrobat Reader useless!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?