Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1525 results found

1. I can not find the hand tool with your newest update. Nor does it appear that I can type in a search for it. There is no icon in any of the bars. Nor does there appear any line in the preferences that addresses the hand tool. This seems like a very obvious oversight. Please address it immediately because reader is not nearly as useful without it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. How the **** do you even display the page number you're on? No way to know, because no button is labeled. This **** is garbage. ********.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Acrobat Pro does not always allow the text selection tool to actually select text (in OCR'd or otherwise readable text distilled from a Word doc or whatever). Quitting the app then restarting solves the problem, temporarily, but later the bug returns. There are threads about this on Reddit and other places. I am not able to produce a screenshot because I cannot capture a picture of Acrobat not allowing the selection tool to work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I just saw the "new" adobe acrobat reader. Where did the page number that you are currently on go to? I use that all the time to skip to a certain page or just to see what page I am on so I can print a particular set of pages. That is a killer for the new version, I'm using the old version for now.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I can see if you're editting bookmarks the new trash can icon in the active button might be useful, but most of the time bookmarks are just for navigation and so I don't want to go accidentally delete them instead.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The new Acrobat UI does not follow the "Hide Toolbars" setting from "Document Properties" > "Initial View".

Acrobat Version: 2023.003.20269
    Platform: Windows 11 22H2

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Open a PDF and then open the Document Properties dialog. Click on the "Initial View" tab, check the "Hide tool bars" option under "User Interface Options".
    2. Save the PDF and then close it. With Acrobat using the new UI model, open the PDF a second time, the "All Tools" side bar is displayed. Expected behaviour: the All Tools toolbar should not be shown as per the User Interface Option settings.
    3.…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. After the latest update, the View menu has disappeared from my Acrobat, This is a feature I used almost every time I opened Acrobat to switch between one and two-page view. Now I can't find it. I'm also having problems finding other freqently used tools. The cloud has some convenient features, but automatic updates that hide frequently used tools are super frustrating. I miss the old days when I could just pay for software, own it, and update it when I wanted to.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. money back for a refund. Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I used to have a permanent license to an earlier version that worked flawlessly. My employer forced me into this 2 year license version and it has been a vastly inferior experience. This version is slow to launch, slow to open documents, frequently freezes. This is very likely the last license I will purchase. I am left with the impression that Adobe wanted to prioritize revenue and deliver an inferior product. I used to be a promoter of Acrobat- no more.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Where is it?
    - Undo button
    - Save As

My Adobe Acrobat was updated ‎August ‎24, ‎2023, I don't even know where to look for these functions.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Searching for a word or phrase inside a very big pdf consisting of thousands of pages will often freeze/not responding or take extremely long to return results. Can a feature be added where you can select a certain amount of pages to be isolated for the search and/or select a bookmark or tree branch to be isolated for a search thereby only indexing a section of the pdf for your search term.

This is a headache my whole team at my company consisting of over a thousand employees are facing on a daily basis.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ma come cacchio vi è venuto in mente di stravolgere l'interfaccia? Almeno potreste mettere un'opzione per ripristinare l'interfaccia precedente.
    Abituati da anni ad avere determinati pulsanti in determinati posti, la visualizzazione della pagina in alto, etc, ora è tutto stravolto.
    E con gli strumenti sempre tra i piedi... se è una mossa per convincere a comprare la licenza per l'uso di questi strumenti potrebbe essere controproducente; non solo non posso comprare la licenza (lo uso al lavoro) ma così infastidito probabilmente imposterò Edge come visualizzatore PDF di default.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to be able to disable tabs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Regardless of if the option is checked or not, when opening a file the tools pane is open.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. This is not an idea, it's a bug notice.
    I have a new M3 MacBook Pro with 36 GB RAM running MacOS Sonoma, which should be screaming fast.
    Unfortunately the latest incarnation of Acrobat DC (2023.008) is useless in full-screen mode. It switches to full screen just fine, but coming out of full screen literally takes over a minute. The screen is just black and the computer is unresponsive this entire time. This is ridiculous that in 2024 this should be a problem. Please fix this ASAP Adobe!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When I open a document, a blue bar with a "Read Only" message is displayed near the top and the only way to close it is to click "Enable Editing". Older versions allowed the bar to be closed by clicking the "i" icon on the left (what an idiot had such stupid idea???).

BTW, what editing??? Which part of the word "Reader" don't you understand? Adobe Reader is a tool for viewing documents, not editing them!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Start Dialog / German user interface
    Wrong translation of "Open" when selecting multiple files in the Start dialog.
    Is "Open". Should be "Öffnen".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Acrobat freezes when enlarging a pdf file and has to force close. The error occurs with larger files. I use Macbook Pro M1, mac os Ventura 13.6.3. I took it up with support and they didn't come up with anything. I asked them for an older version. Now I use the older Acrobat 2021.001.20155 and everything is ok there. Please correct this error. Let me know when it's all right.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?