Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1527 results found

1. Start Dialog / German user interface
    Wrong translation of "Open" when selecting multiple files in the Start dialog.
    Is "Open". Should be "Öffnen".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Acrobat freezes when enlarging a pdf file and has to force close. The error occurs with larger files. I use Macbook Pro M1, mac os Ventura 13.6.3. I took it up with support and they didn't come up with anything. I asked them for an older version. Now I use the older Acrobat 2021.001.20155 and everything is ok there. Please correct this error. Let me know when it's all right.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have the preference checked on for "Always show document page size" in the Preferences > Page Display tab in Acrobat Version 2023.006.20320 on MacOS Monterey but I no longer see the page size at the bottom left. Is it displayed somewhere new? Is this a bug?

Thanks and please fix this quickly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. This was an issue in past Adobe Reader programs where you had to go through option menus to permanently hide the side Tool bar (currently the one that pops up on the left), but there were workable solutions to fix this.

With the latest Adobe Reader update 20360 the tool bar has returned. I tried the old way to remove it by selecting in the preferences to "Remember Current State of Tools Pane". Unfortunately this is not working this time.

How can users permanently remove this?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When I have many PDF documents open and in full screen mode, it has become difficult to impossible to access the tabs, due to the hidden menu bar expanding down and getting in the way.

The menu bar starts coming down even before the cursor can reach the intended tab when you want to select or close a tab. It then causes many unintended selections from the menu bar.

MacOS Sonoma 14.0 - Macbook Pro M1 2021.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In new version of Acrobat, Shortcut Key Assigned for "Windows" as well as "Protect Using Password" is same i.e. Alt+F followed by W. This makes "Windows" access using keyboard difficult as it always triggers first instance i.e. "Protect Using Password". It will be better of shortcut keys are kept same to make navigation smooth for existing users.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have my Default Page Layout Settings to Single Page Continuous, Fit Page, but documents ALWAYS open to Two Up Page Layout. It should open to the Default Page Layout as specified.

I also have "Restore last view settings when reopening documents" under Documents Category turned ON, does not make a difference.

Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When i open a PDF file that contains layers (most of our generated drawings) the 'Layers' side panel always opens, this is not required and I have to manually close the side panel every time, please add an option to stop side panels or tool panels from opening automatically.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I use Acrobat on both Windows PC and Mac (latest Windows 11 and Macos14 sonoma). I downloaded Acrobat from Creative Cloud and kept it updated all the time. A few months ago i found the Acrobat UI was changed on my Mac and when i finally got used to the new UI, recently it just changed back to the old version again by itself and i no longer saw the UI switch button. It's really annoying. And one interesting thing is, the Acrobat UI on my Windows PC never changed even though i used the same account in Creative Cloud. …

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi there! In Acrobat, the rulers used to change size based on the Custom Resolution setting. I'm not sure when this broke, but it's not working anymore. Now when you change the Custom Resolution setting, the ruler stays the same size and does not measure accurately, compared to the Measure tool which does measure accurately.

For an example, see the screenshot. In Preferences / Page Display / Resolution, the system setting is 111, but if I change it to 130 so that pages display larger at 100% resolution, the size of the ruler does not change. When I use the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When running Windows 11 23H2, and the Taskbar is set to "Never combine buttons", and Acrobat Pro is configured to use Tabs, it initially exhibits the correct behavior of having only one icon/button in the Taskbar. However, when switching Desktop Spaces to another desktop, and then back to the desktop where I'm running Acrobat, suddenly Acrobat has created multiple buttons on the Taskbar for every tab I have open in Acrobat. This is clearly a bug, and additionally none of the new buttons that it created do anything -- I click on them, but it does not take me to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I ABSOLUTELY do not like the new version of Acrobat Pro!!!!!!!!!! It is not user friendly at all!!!!!! Is there anyway to switch back to the old version? I use this program for my business on almost a daily basis. What used to take 5 minutes now takes me an hour just to find what used to be at my finger tips. PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK!!!!!!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I need every file to open in two-page view and show the cover page.

Currently, settings exist to make opening in two-page view the default, but no setting exists to always show the cover page in two-page view, or to make this the default open setting. Every time I open a file I have to go to View>Page Display>Show Cover Page in Two Page View.

Please add this setting to the Preferences>Page Display>Default Layout and Zoom section.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The new version of Acrobat moves tools to the left and navigation tools to the right without giving an option for users to customize the location. Having page navigation on the right is unergonomic because the natural reading order is left to right, and people click bookmark titles and page numbers before reading the page content. In books, the table of contents comes before the main content of the book, and you flip rightwards after choosing a chapter to read.

With navigation on the left, the tools would be on the right-hand side in the new version. This makes intuitive…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In the "new acrobat" interface, it is now very tedious to add annotations. It is two more clicks than in the old Acrobat (multiply that with thousands of annotations and you see the problem).

Please add the following functionality (available in "old acrobat"):

• When you have selected some text, and start typing, it will add the "replace text" annotation.
    • When you place the text marker in the text, and start typing, it will add the "insert text" annotation.

Also:
    * When you select some text, you get a little contextual toolbar pop-up. Please add a button for the "replace text"…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be useful to see the zoom % without having to click on the 'Zoom In' or 'Zoom Out' buttons on the side panel. Also, when you click on the buttons, the zoom % changes and you cannot see what it was previously set to. I would like to see a 'Zoom %' button showing the current %.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Description : We would like to restrict the ‘save as pdf’ option for Encrypted/Do not forward emails only.
    Why the feature is needed : Currently we are able to use the ‘save as pdf’ option for Encrypted/Do not forward outlook emails - hence able to save and share the such emails to other users (who are not supposed to receive the info). Hence, we would need this restriction to eliminate the security gap.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. At every major update, the Acrobat Pro UI is getting more and more confusing. None of the standard OS behaviors are respected. I tried to modify the toolbar on Mac (version 2023.0001), impossible to move an icon anywhere.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There seems to be a problem with creating new bookmarks. I'm nesting the bookmarks as I create them in order to keep myself organized, considering this PDF is almost 800 pages long. I'm finding that if I nest my most-recently-created bookmark under another one, all future bookmarks I create are also nested under the same bookmark.

However, once I wish to move one of these newly-created bookmarks to the root level, that is to un-nest them, the only way I can do so is to move them to the top of the list. Even if I try to un-nest them…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. As above. it is strange there is no such keyb. shortcut... :/

1 vote

We're glad you're here