Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1525 results found

1. can you provide a dark mode option so that if i view a pdf whos background is white and text is black, you show the opposite so my eyes feel better?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Wer hat sich denn bitte diese neue Oberfläche nach dem letzten Update ausgedacht?
    Es ist so schlimm. Alles, was ich im Schlaf konnte, muss ich jetzt erstmal umständlich suchen.
    Warum sind die Werkzeuge plötzlich auf der linken Seite?
    Wie kann ich oben die Schnellleiste mit meinen Favoriten belegen?
    Was für eine Verschlimmbesserung

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. marquee zoom is a critical tool that should be accessible from the quick access tools or pinned somewhere on a tool bar. in the new update on windows 11 this is not possible and marquee zoom can only be activated from the drilling down through the drop down menu each time you need to use it, which is constant for me. in general this release makes it very difficult to set up the interface for efficient use in different work flows. other tools like the print snapshot seem to just be gone. print snapshot is another very useful tool that…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hello. For the latest version (23.0) of Adobe Acrobat, I found it is not possible to change the distance between the Thumbnail Images. The distance right now is too large, especially when I have more columns (See my screenshot attached). Compared with the earlier versions, this new feature is really not very helpful. It is quite inefficient to overview many pages together. It would be helpful to include an extra conntrol parameter to not only change the sizes of the Thumbnail Images but also their in-between distances.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As many people have requested and reported the same problem, I spoke with a higher level support staff person, whom then spoke with the development team, they reported adding Inherit Zoom to the default settings list was not possible, yet already accomplished for Bookmarks as reported in a post for version 20.012.20041.
    The courts require all links and bookmarks to be set to inherit zoom. To set a link, it currently requires FOURTEEN STEPS per link to set it (see attached visual). Briefs will commonly have 100 or more links in them. And links can only be set, once everything…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This happens every time Adobe Reader updates?

It's SERIOUSLY annoying and obnoxious behaviour.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Malgré que l'option "Mémoriser l'état actuel du panneau Outils" soit cochée, le panneau Outil ou "Tous les outils" s'ouvre à chaque fois. Ça fonctionnait dans l'ancienne version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When viewing documents in dark mode, the colour of a highlight turns grey, regardless of the colour chosen. This makes it hard to see the highlight and diminished the purpose of a highlight. Most other reading apps, such as Kindle, retain the colour of the highlight when reading in dark mode. This makes it far more usable. It would also make the app more accessible for people with poor eyesight.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Die Reihenfolge der Werkzeuge der Toolbox sollte vom Anwender individuell anpassbar sein.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Previously, when inputting an email to share a document, you could begin typing the email/name and you could press tab to accept the auto fill options and immediately start typing the next email/name. Now you have to click back into the email field after each tab action. This is incredibly time consuming and labor intensive when you have many emails to add. It was my hope that eventually Adobe would make the 'signature' email function more like the 'share' email function, not the opposite.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I don't have time tell you how much I hate your bloated, confusing, dysfunctional UI, but at least bring back the option to turn off that ridiculous, intrusive "home" screen!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. REMOVE THE IDIOTIC HOME SCREEN! there has been thousands of threads on this. Nobody likes! the first thing everyone does after an update, googles how to turn it off, because adobe likes to move that option around to make it more difficult for everyone!
    i'm in production so i have to open a lot of pdf files, so each time i close one i have to close 2 windows. do you think this is productive? no it's a waste of time. REMOVE!!!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As Adobe released unified installer concept with Adobe 64-bit where we can install acrobat in reduced mode (Reader only).

however when the app deployed in reduced mode (without license), application title still shows as Adobe Acrobat STD / PRO which might confuse users. They might think its actually STD / PRO installed on the machine and try to convert documents.

We actually looking to have the application title as "Adobe Acrobat" if deployed in reduced mode and change the title to STD / PRO based on activation.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Steps to reproduce:

1. Be on an Apple Mac with one monitor (I'm currently on macOS 13.4.1c)
    2. Create two Apple Spaces
    3. In Space A, open PDF #1
    4. In Space B, open PDF #2

Expected result: After step 3 Acrobat creates a new window in Space A that displays PDF #1, and after step 4 Acrobat creates a new window in Space B that displays PDF #2.

Actual result: After step 4 Acrobat loads PDF #2 into the window in Space A that currently displays PDF #1 (bug #1), and then it tries and fails to switch to that Space, instead switching…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The mouse cursor and some other functions are EXTREMELY SLOW to respond making the application practically unusable. It takes about 10 times longer to do anything because of this.

I have to move my mouse to something and then hover for a couple of seconds before I can make the action I want to make.

This seems like an intended thing as there's no lag, not waiting on processing, nothing like that - the cursor just isn't responsive, almost as if it were a safety feature.... but it is extremely annoying and I can't use this application in the current…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have been advised that if you don't have an Adobe Acrobat license then you cannot log into Adobe Acrobat Pro and have it function as Adobe Reader. You need to use the Adobe Reader product.

The website https://helpx.adobe.com/au/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html currently suggests that you should be able to log into Adobe Acrobat Pro and have it operate as Adobe Reader.

My suggestion is to update the website so that it is clearer that you must be licensed with Adobe Acrobat in order to use the product and that it you have PCs being access by users who do and don't have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow users to remove these buttons as they take up quite a lot of space. ADOBE continues to worsen the user experience using this PAID app, by forcing icons in valuable real-estate.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. On a Mac, when closing one or more PDFs with changes, the "Do you want to save the changes…" modal window should become active, allowing a user to use a keyboard shortcut to respond Save, Don't Save, or Cancel. As it is currently, the user must click the window to make it active and only then can they choose a response.

In other words, this window is modal in that it requires a user response, but non-compliant in that it does not make itself active to provide the response.

This bug is new to Acrobat, but not sure if it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hi Adobe

Is there a possibility that we can have a column for 2-factor status added to the Admin portal?

I need to pull a report monthly as part of the security audits to verify authentication methods.

Best,

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The website is not accepting my vote on another idea (although I am logged in), so I'm adding more ideas.
    Multiple issues:
    1. The new icon-based styles for editing or commenting are completely nonintuitive; other than printing/saving/zooming/scrolling from the other toolbars, I don't know what any of the buttons mean.
    2. Please move some buttons from editing to commenting or vice versa, or combine their toolbars, or rename their bars. It is ridiculously hard to figure out how to add a rectangular shape in the new Acrobat Pro. It was easy in my last version of Acrobat Pro
    3. Please…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?