Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can't disable annoying tips and tricks popups

Yeah, so you know those "helpful" tips that pop up in little blue boxes when you start the program? Those are annoying. There is nothing in Adobe Acrobat that is not too straightforward to understand, and I do not need help using the program. Please add an option to disable these.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow option to remove blue Share button from toolbar

The issue is the large blue "Share" button in the upper right hand corner of the toolbar. This consumes a lot of valuable toolbar space. I will never use this feature and would like to hide the button so I can make more use of the valuable toolbar with items that I do care about.

I find this issue was submitted before (https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/35605324-remove-the-big-blue-share-button) and is marked as being RESOLVED but the solution does not seem to work in Acrobat Pro 2020 for the Mac.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 'Find' tool error

Using the find tool to search for text within the PDF, the search will either find text your didn't ask for (see Error image) or if there are multiple results, sometimes all the consecutive results (Capture 2) will be hidden behind a blank/white box that I cannot interact with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hi - just started working with the new acrobat. Prior working on v.10.1.14. That was very easy to use, clean interface, no million buttons,

was working on v.10.1.14 - it was easy to use, clean interface, didn't take pressing many buttons to do common tasks. current version a pain to use, just like MS Office, you have taken an excellent product and made it clunky and awkward, a real shame

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make Home functionality same as othe rAdobe products

Make Home functionality same as other Adobe products - put the little house up there, have a way to bring back the Home screen once you've closed it etc. - would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adobe Pro DC - Hide left side navigation in folder view

Is there any way to hide the left side navigation in folder view (see attached)? Most apps have left/right arrows to hide/reveal those side menus, but I can't find anything to do that in Adobe Pro DC and they really take up a lot of space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Small pop-up window to review a figure that has been refrenced on another page

Instead of scrolling back and forth (e.g. in a scientific paper), one can have a small preview of the figure, referenced in text from another page, to follow with the current page discussion.
    This can show on the side of the screen as to not bother hiding the text being read.
    By reference I mean a link embedded in the fig mention. Many papers do so. If that is not available then you can type the figure label to search and bring it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Proportional Scaling Using Shift Button Not Working

Proportional Scaling Using Shift Button Not Working since update 15.1.1... disappointed...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Stamp Tool

A dynamic date stamp tool that does NOT show the user's name and also does NOT show the time would be very helpful especially now while working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic. My physical custom date stamper is in the office. We need a date but do not need my name or the time stamped on documents we receive. I was asked this morning to remove an Acrobat date stamp because management does not want my name on the date stamp.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Zoom Box

I LIKE the zoom box. I WANT to see the zoom level, NO MATTER whether I'm in the "window" view or the "tab" view. You removed the zoom box in the window view, to "utilize more space", as your technician wrote me. I DON'T WANT MORE SPACE. I WANT THE ZOOM BOX!!!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Zoom to Page Level (fit to 1 page) is consistently slightly too large

This should enable page down to show each page exactly on the screen, but is consistently too large, eg 71% needs to be changed to 70% to display correctly on page down. I have found this on old and new versions and various screens.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Icon in window frame invisibile/undraggable (Osx)

After last update (Osx and CC 2020) there is no icon on the top of the opened documents frame in Acrobat. Usually, to speed the work, I export PDF from Indesign, automatically they open in Acrobat and I drag the icon to Skype. Loosing this ability I must find the document in the finder every time.
    Someone know if there is a solution to restore this function?
    Thank you

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for Reaching out to us.
    Please check the list of known issues here : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/compatibility-with-macos-10-15-catalina.html

We also have a workaround for it to have it get re-Enabled.

Please use the plist file from here : https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A0f2d56db-9d37-442b-b6e1-bd7f26d88c36

Please Extract the zip and use as instructed on the helpx link.
    Let me know if that helps

Thanks
    Ayush

14. Please allow users to stop lefthand ribbon from automatically opening in PDFs

I have to open one PDF after another for hours and must close the left-hand ribbon every single time. It aggravates my RSS and badly impairs my efficiency. Can't you allow users to turn it off permanently unless they want it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Deleting contracts is too difficult

There should be an easier way to delete un-wanted contracts. Sometimes you may have made a contract on accident or maybe you no longer want that contract on file. When this happens you shouldn't have to jump thru hoops do simply delete an Adobe sign document. Like every other program in the world, there should be a delete option that pops up with a simple right click.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dark Theme / Dark Mode for "viewing" a pdf.

Dear Sir,
    Please note that Accessibility Settings for enabling Dark Mode don't always work. They do work but in some cases only. Please see the attached images to understand the issue. It's high time that Acrobat DC should officially support Dark Mode / Dark Theme for viewing a pdf in the same way as the feature is supported on Android version of the software. Dark Mode is partially implemented in the product like the Tools Bar and all but not implemented for viewing a pdf. Please address this issue ASAP. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make the Share and Logon buttons optional

The share and Logon buttons take up lots of space. I'm in an environment where I never will use these buttons.

Allow the user to remove (disable) the share and logon buttons

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bookmark View

Company updated to 2020 Adobe Acrobat Pro Previous version was 2015. the 2020 version does not have any lines connecting the bookmark structure. It's a lot EASIER to see when the lines are present in the bookmark tree. How can I get the lines in the bookmark tree to appear like in the 2015 Adobe PDF version?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A new icon for Acrobat DC on macOS that matches the icon set for 2020

Sometimes the simple things in life are most important.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Change back to 11

Just change back to 11 please. I hate this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base