Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1527 results found

1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When running Windows 11 23H2, and the Taskbar is set to "Never combine buttons", and Acrobat Pro is configured to use Tabs, it initially exhibits the correct behavior of having only one icon/button in the Taskbar. However, when switching Desktop Spaces to another desktop, and then back to the desktop where I'm running Acrobat, suddenly Acrobat has created multiple buttons on the Taskbar for every tab I have open in Acrobat. This is clearly a bug, and additionally none of the new buttons that it created do anything -- I click on them, but it does not take me to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When I try to connect to my Adobe account, after I am authenticated in the browser and go back to the application, I no longer can interact with anything (I get a beep sound as if the window was blocked by something or disabled though it's visual style doesn't change).
    Even after I close it, there are processes left running in the Task Manager which I have to terminate forcefully in order to open Adobe Reader again.

This happens with the latest version 2023.006.20360 on Windows

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I try to connect to my Adobe account, after I am authenticated in the browser and go back to the application, I no longer can interact with anything (I get a beep sound as if the window was blocked by something or disabled though it's visual style doesn't change).
    Even after I close it, there are processes left running in the Task Manager which I have to terminate forcefully in order to open Adobe Reader again.

This happens with the latest version 2023.006.20360 on Windows

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to retain the ability to disable tabs, so that each file opens in a new window. It's so important in my job, I want all the pdf view in each separate window. I really hate the new version who don't be able to disable the tabs, all pdf are in a same window, it's so annoying and non productive. Bring back the option for giving the possibility to separate tab in many window for people like me who NEEDS in many windows.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I feel this version of Adobe is very slow in response, Adobe reader was much stable and fast. while selecting text in PDF page this behaves weird and shows previous page in selection. Scrolling in big file is too slow sometimes. i hope my feedback would be considered.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would really like the old layout back. The tool bar being moved from the top to the side bar and not even being possible to move takes away the symmetry of the layout and is super disturbing for my reading.

I'd really appreciate if you look into this.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It is so freaking hard to give feedback to y'all. I'm trying the 7 day trial but nothing is syncing up to allow me to download it and I genuinely want to cancel and never return to this product again. I had to get through several hoops to even attempt to explain this issue. I'm sure your UX team wants to do better, please fund them or allow them to actually collect user feedback more easily. Also the line height in this text area is way too tight.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The new user interface does not allow for page navigation using the page numbers, and does not allow for bookmarks and comments to be open at the same time. It really is NOT user friendly for efficiently.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I need every file to open in two-page view and show the cover page.

Currently, settings exist to make opening in two-page view the default, but no setting exists to always show the cover page in two-page view, or to make this the default open setting. Every time I open a file I have to go to View>Page Display>Show Cover Page in Two Page View.

Please add this setting to the Preferences>Page Display>Default Layout and Zoom section.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Is working at Adobe really that boring that your developers change menus and layouts ongoing, just for fun, forgetting / letting out functions?
    Maybe the last step for us to go for an alternative with the whole company.
    Maybe your developers should go for a training reg. does and donts reg. user interfaces,.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Don't like the left Tools Pane, and the new updates unable to permanently closed. This setting is not working as well > Menu > Preference > Documents > Remember the current state of tools pane. It makes my document screen smaller when I minimize Adobe and I always have to click close button for the tools pane, waste of time. 1 star for the updates.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The new version of Acrobat moves tools to the left and navigation tools to the right without giving an option for users to customize the location. Having page navigation on the right is unergonomic because the natural reading order is left to right, and people click bookmark titles and page numbers before reading the page content. In books, the table of contents comes before the main content of the book, and you flip rightwards after choosing a chapter to read.

With navigation on the left, the tools would be on the right-hand side in the new version. This makes intuitive…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The new version of Adobe sucks, it is totally user un friendly and requires a lot more work and navigating to do what was much simpler. Why change something that was working fine. Do you even test drive the new version to see how it is prior to sending out to the public. And the program keeps freezing when adding pics and the "restore " version doesn't work at all when you have to close the program and reopen continuously. Why pay for this piece of garbage software. Can I charge you for all of my lost time trying to…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Why take away the option of a permanent menu bar at the TOP of the screen. (Folks would REALLY like it if they had the choice of enabling / disabling a permanent MENU bar over a drop down list...)

Yes, the drop down list is good for some, but many of us DESPISE it!!!! We want the permanent menu bar.
    The newest UI is not the greatest and a good number of us want tool bar option on the far RIGHT anyway...
    And also, it seems the newest UI iteration DOES NOT honor the users' desire of opening Adobe WITHOUT…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Il nuovo layout è terribile, c'è un modo per fare un downgrade?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bonjour,
    Sur la nouvelle version d'Acrobat, il n'est plus possible d'utiliser la fonction d'Ancrage de fenêtres dans Windows.
    Voici l'exemple.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I HATE!!!!!! this new layout - I can not find any of the tools I use multiple times a day.. WHY WHY WHY did you have to reformat the entire program layout????

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Since most common thing people do in this program is to Open files, that "Open" command should be always easy to get to, instead it's hidden within Menu you have to click to get to it

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Return to the previous version's interface. Reduce the additional steps added in new version and eliminate the over-complification of simple procedures. I just spent an hour trying to number my pages. I found the functions only after looking up on Google and searching for 20 minutes. But the windows themselves were absolutely NOT intuitive. I had to contact an agent. The first agent I got disconnected from. Bates numbering was made to appear as the only option, but the agent showed me how to find the plain numbers under header and footer on the edit toolbar. But via the previous…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?