Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1528 results found

1. Personally, I love the new interface as it only takes a little to get used to and then it is so much faster and intuitive.

The issue is, my computer has the new interface. I can confirm this whenever I launch the program. However I work remotely 98% of the time, and no matter what I try the interface automatically reverts to the old view when I connect via Windows Server 2022 Remote Desktop Connection (RDC)

I can not figure out what would cause this to happen and its so frustrating because I want the new Acrobat! Please look into…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Switching between open documents doesn't work if clicked on the vey top of the file tabs.
    I.e. when you on the middle of the tab, it gets active and you switch to the document. But if you at the very top of the tab (top edge of the window), nothing happens. Tabs should cover all the top part of the window, till the edge of the screen.
    In other words, remove the gap between the top of the tab and top edge of the window.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It's so annoying to have to close the All Tools and Bookmarks panes every time I open a document. None of the settings seem to work. Why isn't there a default option to hide these panes?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create an extract shortcut, just like copy or rotate with a shift/command+letter(E), so that once we have everything selected we can execute the extraction without pressing anything else. SOMETIMES pressing extract can be misclicked, and causes all the pages to unselect. I use this function every day all day for work and the new UI has caused many cumbersome problems such as this minor button. Adding the "extract" buton to my customized toolbar doesnt always save, so when I open a new Acrobat window it is not there. I have to just right-click on the pages to extract, which can…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Clicking on any links in any PDF causes Adobe Acrobat Reader to hang and crash

1. Open any PDF document that contains a hyperlink in Adobe Acrobat Reader
    2. Windows 11 (Continuous Release I Version 2023.006.20320 I 64-bit)
    3. I expected to open the link in my default browser in Windows 11
    4. The application hangs (spinning mouse cursor) and becomes unresponsive. After 10 seconds of this, I have to close Adobe Reader and try again. But it does that again. Unable to open any link whatsoever. I just copy the link by highlighting it in the PDF and paste in the browser. Much…
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It is extremely frustrating that the scroll bars are missing on the September 2023 release of Acrobat DC - they re-appear on a mouse click, but do not respond to Wacom pen. So to scroll through a PDF, the pen has to be put aside. This is slowing down my work considerably, and there has been a lot of frustration expressed in the Adobe Support Community, especially among Wacom users. This is not a behaviour that we can be expected to "get used to" or "love", as it has not been designed with the user in mind.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Provide a central place to change the Settings. For example, when I wanted to change the Opacity of Highlights, I spent good amount of time to find the way to do it. If there is a central place to change setting, it become easy to do it quickly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Provide a "About" section which provides basic details such as Application version, Date of release, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There should be a proper full fledged dark mode that needs to be introduced by Adobe on all platforms - Windows, iOS, iPad, Android, Mac and everything.

We need to have a setting where is specifically says "Dark mode".

High time Adobe works on this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In Windows version 2023.006, searching a PDF for text doesn't highlight the selected text. The navigation arrows for moving between searched text instances have moved to the lower right side of the window, away from the search box. That's not intuitive at all, and requires moving the mouse or touching a different area away from the user's focus.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. What in the world were you thinking? Let's see... How hard can we make it to use our once-productivity-enhancing product? This is simply change for evil's sake. I'm going to stop using AAP altogether. What a disaster.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Once again, even though with each update we users always come here to report that the option to keep the tool panel closed is not working, in the last update 2023.006.20320 it stopped working properly again. Is it so difficult to make an interface option work as the user wants? Why is there a 'Remember current state of Tools Pane' option if it is simply ignored and the panel continues to appear every time we open the application?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In the Admin Console, we should be able to modify or harmonize the Name First Name for users on an easy way, without needing convert accounts into Entreprise ID profile or without registering any domain name.
    Not really easy to manage user profile.
    thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I used to have a permanent license to an earlier version that worked flawlessly. My employer forced me into this 2 year license version and it has been a vastly inferior experience. This version is slow to launch, slow to open documents, frequently freezes. This is very likely the last license I will purchase. I am left with the impression that Adobe wanted to prioritize revenue and deliver an inferior product. I used to be a promoter of Acrobat- no more.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Often I like to click or double click on the program header to both move the window and expand ("Maximize") the screen view. When navigating to the upper bar (particularly when I have a list of PDF's open the exposed blank header is reduced) I hover over "+ CREATE" first and this opens up an options window before I can double click the header. This cause me to generate new PDF's without maximizing the window. Please move this "+ CREATE" button to another location or increase/delay the timing on the options window that is generated.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Steps to reproduce the issue:
    1. Open any pdf document in Desktop 1.
    2. Open an other pdf document in Desktop 2.

Environment:
    Windows 10

Expected result and observed result:

If you Open a pdf on Desktop 2 but already exists an instance on Desktop 1 the pdf opens in Desktop 1. I think It should open a new instance in Desktop 2.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The document size pop-up in the lower right corner is missing. Also in the old UI. Please fixit, it is very useful. MAC OS Ventura 13.2.1.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. New floating quick toolbar to be stacked in the new acrobat experience
    the new floating bar covers the document areas and it is very annoying. User should be given the option to be able to stack the bar up down right or left.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have the preference checked on for "Always show document page size" in the Preferences > Page Display tab in Acrobat Version 2023.006.20320 on MacOS Monterey but I no longer see the page size at the bottom left. Is it displayed somewhere new? Is this a bug?

Thanks and please fix this quickly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I use Acrobat on both Windows PC and Mac (latest Windows 11 and Macos14 sonoma). I downloaded Acrobat from Creative Cloud and kept it updated all the time. A few months ago i found the Acrobat UI was changed on my Mac and when i finally got used to the new UI, recently it just changed back to the old version again by itself and i no longer saw the UI switch button. It's really annoying. And one interesting thing is, the Acrobat UI on my Windows PC never changed even though i used the same account in Creative Cloud. …

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?