Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1528 results found

1. Last week's update was the worst of all (apart from the one to upgrade to the DC version). We work on macOS Ventura, Acrobat version 2023.006.20320. There's no scroll bar, you can't see your selections when you zoom in, it's like working blind. Pitstop tools are unusable. You have to cancel this update, go back. It's as if you don't care about the people who work with your applications, without taking their opinions into account. You never respond to feedback. Please cancel the last update!!!!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Not able to select area for export to the clipboard despite the PDF file allows.
    This is supposed to be a standard feature of any reader. However, adobe chose to simply make the reader an useless tool unless you really pay $.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have Acrobat Pro and used to have the setting "Remember current state of Tools pane" checked so the tool pane wouldn't open for every pdf I open. This setting went away a few months ago and it's really annoying to have to close the tools pane every time I open a document.

I rarely need in the tools pane and would prefer it to be hidden most of the time.

Acrobat Pro Continuous Release Version 2023.006.20320 64-bit

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In the new version, there is an empty pane on the left side that I cannot collapse. This makes it difficult when editing and trying to reference another document in the same screen. Overall, I don't really care for the new version. Please make it less awkward, Adobe.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Acrobat Pro Version 2023.006.20320 Not showing document size in lower left. "Always show document page size" is on, but will not show. Other users reporting same bug. Also with this update scroll bars do not show up unless you begin to scroll with mouse touch and disappear quickly before you can grab. Both of these are problems with professional use of this software.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The floating toolbar seems purposed for newer users. It would be helpful if the following was done with the floating toolbar.
    - Enable the toolbar to be transparent
    - Allow the toolbar to be docked on the right panel
    - Enable the toolbar to automatically minimize when not in use
    - Allow users to remove the default tools

A few features that are quite nice about the toolbar:
    - Contextual menus are immediately activated and brought into view once a tool is selected
    - Various related tools can be pinned to the floating toolbar
    - The toolbar can be moved…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Do you intend to develop the possibility to apply dynamic stamps directly from Adobe Cloud rather than from Adobe Acrobat DC or Reader in order to avoid extra manipulations ?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'm just going to stop using adobe. The new interface makes what I wan't to do impossible and frustrating. Go back to the older interface and check with your users before making untested and badly designed changes. Mac Preview for me from now.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Left hand tool bar uses up extra space on the screen. Why can't this be moved to the top or right where there is already toolbars with extra space. See attached document for picture.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. This is a bug, not an idea: since the latest update (acrobat Pro 2023.006.20320) there is no possibility to permanent show the page sizes in the lower left corner of an opened PDF file, although the corresponding checkbox is enabled in the preferences.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. hagan que el panel sea movible completamente fuera de la ventana del documento o al menos fuera del área del documento, estorba par leer

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have been using Acrobat Read (paid) for 1 year.

The application is trashy at its best.

1. Had crashes when exporting from word to pdf. It crashes 3/6 times.

2. Export to pdf from word was changed recently and the user experience was broken. After the export to pdf the user is moved from the existing line to the beggining of the document. If you do this 100 times per day and if you work continously with the export this is not work - the product that designed this is idiot. He should have asked the customers. This new „feature” was…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hello,

I am working for a many years with adobe products (most of all with acrobat), and i never understood why these two similar tools (select area and crop, and adjust visible area and trim, bleed and other boundaries) has the same icons? It's so awkward and confusing. It takes too much time to learn which one is which after repetitive clicks, but it shouldn't be like that. Add a small dot on one of them or something like that, that we could see which one is the one.

Screenshot attached.

Have a nice day,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please, for the love of all that's good and right in the world, stop dramatically changing the GUI of your products that are already functional as is and making us relearn where all the tools we use are because you decided to rearrange the furniture. It's not fun. It's certainly not an improvement. I have work to do, I don't have time to figure out, every time there's an "update" where you decided to hide everything I need to use to get through my day. Your latest Acrobat "improvements" meant that in the middle of an important, time-sensitive project, I…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Tried re-installing, tried repairing and then re-installing. Nothing works. Relaunches back to new version everytime. Help!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In Preferences, I have the "Always show document page size" box checked. The page size information is no longer displayed at all. If I uncheck the above mentioned checkbox in the preferences, the document size appears normally when the curser is hovered in the lower left area of the window.

Architecture: x86_64
    Processor: Intel
    Build: 23.6.20320.0
    AGM: 7.1.1
    CoolType: 8.3.1
    JP2K: 4.0.0.52671

Mac version (Windows version works correctly)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When the system setting on macOS for "Show scroll bars" is set to "Always", Adobe Acrobat does not honor this setting.

If you toggle the setting in macOS system settings to another option and then back to "Always", the scroll bar shows up.

If you close the PDF or Acrobat, or open a different PDF, the scroll bar disappears.

The scrollbar should always be present on all PDF's when this setting is checked in the macOS System Settings, OR an option should be available in the Adobe Acrobat preferences with similar functionality.

Architecture: arm64
    Processor: Apple M1
    Build: 23.6.20320.0
    AGM:…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please provide an easy 1-click way to completely hide all extrenuous panes when opening any document. This means :

• No bookmaarks on the right.
    • No tools on the left.

There are a mess of settings all over the place, and comments on previous related issues to multiple steps to take, but all these seem out of date. This should be a single 1-click check box in the main preferences, completely overriding all other settings.

Even better: Acrobat Reader should learn from the fact that I close these panes every single time I open the app (multiple times per day), and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The toolbar on the right is a horror show! I need full screen width. I want the old version or at least the option to set it up however I feel comfortable. Not forcing this nightmare.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In the most recent update, the footer area where the page size is displayed when the 'always show page size' option is ticked in prefs is hidden.

if the option is unticked then on hover the page size appears, but the more useful permanent view has been broken.

Please reinstate or allow a rollback

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?