Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1525 results found

1. That top bar should be sized similarly to other windows app like file explorer, MS Office, edge, chrome, etc.

The issue seems to be mainly the font size of some items

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In the right side panel, Acrobat shows current and total page numbers. While holding the scroll bar and moving through a document, it is very helpful to see the current page number. This was the behavior in past versions of Acrobat. Currently, the page number field only updates when the scroll bar is released, leading to a guessing game when trying to scrub to a specific page.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In Windows 10 you have the possibility to scroll inactive windows (Start > Settings > Devices > Mouse > Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them).

You only have to hover over the inactive window with the mouse and you can scroll. It's the same with zooming. When you press CTRL and scroll, it zooms the window under the cursor of the mouse. It works with all other apps, i.e. MS Office, even other Adobe apps like Illustrator, InDesign, etc. but not with Adobe Acrobat. You have to actually click (activate) the window with PDF for that to work.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Adobe designed the mouse cursor function is very crumble some. It's either set to select to edit text and images or pan. These two functions are always in uses. Why they cannot be set active concurrently.

And there is no workaround such inconvenience. How about the ability to customize the middle button to pan (just like AutoDesk).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The Acrobat Save As window exists mostly to ask whether to save locally or to a cloud location. Since I don't use cloud storage for active documents, that's a useless window for me. I imagine maybe some others only use cloud storage. So I have a suggestion to save time for many of us.

Please allow the user to set a Preference for a default file storage domain (local or cloud, and (if cloud) which cloud service). Then skip the current Acrobat Save As window and jump directly to the native Save As window for the default domain. That would…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow the user to copy the Acrobat version number from the display window that pops up when the user mouses on menu > Help > About Acrobat (in Pro, Continuous Release I Version 2023.003.20244 I 64-bit). Currently any mouse action on that display window causes the window to disappear. For instance, it could be done by allowing (a) a right click on that window to "copy product name and version number" or (b) allowing the user to select the name and version number, then right click > copy (or ctl-C).

That would enable more accurate reporting of bugs and feature…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In the thumbnail pane on the right side of the window (circled in yellow in attached screenshot), when I drag a page past the top or bottom of the pane, the pages scroll too quickly for me to easily stop where I want to drop the page. I suggest the scrolling speed start slow, then gradually increase in speed as the user drags past more pages. If the user changes the direction of the drag (up or down), the scrolling speed should again start slow, then increase.

As an improvement on that, allow the user to set a Preference about…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The new layout with for Adobe Pro with the tools on the left and the pages/bookmarks on the right is much harder to use. After so many years, why were they switched around? Please bring back the search field so that I can find tools. Everything I use is now hidden under layers of menus and really small icons.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In the new interface, version 2023.003.20244, the pan and pointer tools can not appear on the toolbar at the same time. Please fix this bug.

Also, it would be great if it was possible to pan using a mouse ring click. Would you create a setting to pan using a mouse ring click? Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Other people set their PDF to resize my window when opening. I need to be able to override such setting in my sessions as I have multiple tabs open in windows distributed on multiple monitors. PLEASE add setting to stop or ask permission to resize my workspace window when opening READ-ONLY and normal PDF files received from other people or sites. In summary, give the user / customer rights to control their own window workspace behavior. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Revert to Classic Style button. Must have it.
    New interface may work well for touch screens, but is cumbersome to those of us who utilize a mouse. The old drop down menu system was MUCH quicker; especially because I use a large screen and there is a LOT of visual real estate for me to scan as I attempt to initiate actions such as 'combine files' to create a PDF.
    You've made is difficult to utilize your software for its primary purpose.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. SO, I know that Acrobat is built on 25+year old code, but it's time to look at the biggest issue I have - that Acrobat is hopeless for batch operations because they are a clunky hack on top of an application that was never designed to work that way.

Now I'm doing OCR on 36 files. It's running in the background, but I have plenty of CPU time free. Can I get on with editing some other PDF while this is running? NO, because Acrobat is busy. I have to use a different computer. If you have acrobat Pro as…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When doing a process to Recognize text in multiple files, an unnecessary dialog box is shown - see screenshot

This has only been added recently

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The new version of Acrobat is the worst program I have ever seen in any category. I dont usually use vulgar language, but the long list of 4 letter words available would be the only way to fully describe the latest user interface. Everyone makes mistakes, but the entire team that is responsible for this product should be fired. All tools and details needed to navigate and manipulate a file were so easy prior to this useless version.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The new user interface changes the way that language for OCR can be selected, and the vertical list is now too small to easily scroll through to find languages. It should be at least twice the current height.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I found a fatal language-dependent bug in advanced search.

Using "Advanced Find" to find words in a PDF, actions that could be done manually did not work in Javascript.
    Write a sample script below.
    Create a file in UTF-8 .js file format and place the file in "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Javascripts".
    Then restart Acrobat and you should see a new menu at the top within the File menu.
    This script can be run from there.
    When the script runs, the text in the open PDF is examined to see if it contains the searched characters.
    However, we have confirmed that Unicode…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In the new version of Acrobat (just became available), the page control features need to be returned.

In the old version, the page controls toolbar could be docked at the top or made so it would appear at the bottom of the page when the mouse went near it. That option was incredibly useful, please bring it back. It allowed an easy single click to change how the page was viewed, either by making single page view, or page scroll, and also by allowing a quick button to view page thumbnails.

Also, in the new Acrobat, there doesn't appear to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The Acrobat DC sparingly deselected or unable to do anything when copy and paste something from another window sometimes when deleting a page, sometimes aligning a page, and I cannot tell why this happens. If I need to enter Acrobat, I just click the Acrobat window, then do page alignment the Acrobat window will be deselected . I am persistently facing this issue

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The Tool Bar cannot be easily moved or hidden.
    On some documents this means that information is covered by the Tool Bar and there is no way to move the document to show it.
    In the attached example, the left column of the table is hidden, and there is no horizontal scroll bar to move the document across.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The current Adobe Acrobat Pro only allows a quick menu selection of >Windows > Split. This will give the user the ability to view a single document in two windows HORIZONTALLY (i.e. above and below). Because most pages are oriented in a Portrait orientation, it is more efficient to view documents VERTICALLY (i.e. side by side). It would be very easy for Adobe to add the programming option to be able to split this window vertically and very quickly by adding another menu option under "Windows > Split" to select the ability to split vertically or horizontally. Everyone's work to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?