Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1525 results found

1. Where is the name of the document shown after it has been scanned in and named? Up until this morning, when I named a document, the name would show clearly at the top of the Adobe page. That way the page can rest in the background while i enter it into a database, and I could see the name of the document. Now I cannot even see where the document name is located anywhere on the Adobe page. How is it that the name of the document showing up is suddenly a design flaw? Why must any change to any…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Adding a slight margin at the top of the Acrobat Reader viewport enhances the usability of the UI by allowing the user to know immediately that they've reached the top of the document.

The attached screenshot shows that MS Word offers a better user experience (UX) by visually indicating that the top of the document has been reached with the use of a simple margin in the viewport.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please do not release the new modern interface - immediately noticed the simple "add text" feature is gone - it is now edit entire document. Major functionaly design flaw. There is nothing wrong with the current version, please do not change it.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Updated today, had to contact support, had to revert. The TABS at the top do not indicate which TAB you are currently viewing. The Gradient, if it is there, is far too subtle for either of my monitors to differentiate. Which file am I looking at? I cannot tell ya!!
    EXTREMELY URGENT as a lot of businesses use this to view PO/SO/Invoices that all look the same. So which file did I need to move a page from? Who knows.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The new version of Acrobat no longer cares about the "Remember current state of the Tools Pane" preference - Acrobat always opens with the "All Tools" shown. I believe I'm in a large pool of the population that will only ever read PDFs, so for all practical purposes, none of the items on the tools will ever be used. Please reinstate this feature.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Request : Please create a feature to show the last login date of the license users in the Admin Console portal. It will be easy for every organizations to perform license audit.

Every time, we're reaching the license users directly and we'll check whether they need the license or not. Due to this, some of the users are getting frustrated. So, we're checking with the license users for twice in a year.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make a reliable way for users to set a default for either the "pan" or "text selection" tools. You will see both issues have been raised in online help forums and suggested on this platform.

I use Acrobat mostly for reading documents. I am so tired of inadvertantly highlighting text or selecting images every time I left click and drag the mouse in an effort to pan because the system defaults to the Select tool rather than the Pan tool.

YES - I have deselected "Always display the keyboard selection cursor" under Accessibility.

YES - I have selected "Make Hand…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. had to reinstall Acrobat DC and now a plug in that we use, all the icons in the menu are displayed as broken image icons. uninstalled both and reinstalled still no difference. Plug in is fine on 2023.003.20215 64bit, but on the 2023.003.20244 is where the issue is.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When opening an existing .pdf, provide the option to "Always Open In New Window" instead of the existing one. We are filling information into one document, from a SERIES of other documents, and do not want them opening in the same window all the time. Also, it would GREATLY help, if the "All tools" sidebar would remain CLOSED during this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When you have several tabs open and you want to click between them, it should be a seamless process. Naturally, you swipe your mouse up to click on the tab and most of your control goes into the left/right movement to get it in the right x coordinate with the tab, but when going up naturally most people don't stop to keep it in the middle and will let their mouse drift as far up to the top of the screen and let it stop on it's own. But as it stands in this new version, when your mouse is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be nice to be able to add Menu functions (such as, Enable Scrolling) to customize the quick action toolbar. Otherwise this is a great feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. WHOEVER MADE CHANGES TO ADOBE SHOULD BE SHOT AND BURIED. THE NEW UPDATE SUCKS! I HATE IT!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Wer hat sich denn bitte diese neue Oberfläche nach dem letzten Update ausgedacht?
    Es ist so schlimm. Alles, was ich im Schlaf konnte, muss ich jetzt erstmal umständlich suchen.
    Warum sind die Werkzeuge plötzlich auf der linken Seite?
    Wie kann ich oben die Schnellleiste mit meinen Favoriten belegen?
    Was für eine Verschlimmbesserung

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In a multi-monitor setup, Reader remembers which monitor to open on for a specific document, but all new documents keep opening on a non-primary monitor. Reader needs to provide a preference for which monitor to open all documents on by default

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I've updated from 32 to 64 bits Adobe acrobat Pro and the user interface experience is terrible:
    * I don't find anywhere the add textbox.
    * I don't see the number of pages nor the present page number
    * I cannot add a button to take snapshots and to take an snapshot I have to go to the text / tool search. I cannot find the option in the menus.

I miss a lot the 32 bits user interface. I loose a lot of time looking for commands that where easy to find in the 32 bits version.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would like to retain the ability to disable tabs, so that each file opens in a new window.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please put the pages thumbnails back on the left side..

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a "save as..." button to the user interface. For me and I think a lot of other people who like to save a downloaded and automagically opened pdf to their hard disk: just a simple Save As... button next to the Save button would be a great and very easy to implement feature. It's one click less as going to the menu each and every time for this basic function.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?