Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1525 results found

1. Th new userinterface is all over the place. We have a big grey unused border at the right and some random icons and tools at the left. It's not possible to move te tools from the left to the right, so theres always a toolbox above the pdf I want to read, while the right border is half empty. This is horrible, non-efficient and really annoying while reading.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Das Update sieht an sich gut aus. Ich finde es nur sehr schlecht, dass die Lesezeichenliste und somit auch das Inhaltsverzeichnis auf die rechte Seite gewandert ist. Ich verstehe es nicht, warum es nicht auf der rechten Seite lässt, wie alle anderen Webseiten und Programme.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. On a Mac, when closing one or more PDFs with changes, the "Do you want to save the changes…" modal window should become active, allowing a user to use a keyboard shortcut to respond Save, Don't Save, or Cancel. As it is currently, the user must click the window to make it active and only then can they choose a response.

In other words, this window is modal in that it requires a user response, but non-compliant in that it does not make itself active to provide the response.

This bug is new to Acrobat, but not sure if it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hi Adobe

Is there a possibility that we can have a column for 2-factor status added to the Admin portal?

I need to pull a report monthly as part of the security audits to verify authentication methods.

Best,

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The title bar disappears randomly and you cannot maximize or minimize the window without it. To get it back I have to hide/show the menu bar... really sucks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Since a recent ADOBE DC update (Version 18), I have been experiencing so many bugs/ issues. One (more minor than others) is that moving the Adobe window/pane between multiple screens is difficult. When trying to drag the screen over to another screen, the program flicks it back onto the original page it opened in, and will not flow over to the other screen easily or at all in some instances. Very frustrating. I have tried minimising the screen and dragging when it is smaller but that is hit and miss aswell. Please fix this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I think it is a very bad thing if a software manufacturer implements major changes such as the totally new design of acrobat pro. I didn't get any notic. it was just there. the handling is ****. Sorry but it is. My quick tool bar was gone. The tools wer gone to the left side. in Short: Without notifying the customer, it is a no go!
    Not even the support knew about this instantly. They had to look it up?! And if you intent to forward critiscm, no one feels responsible. To what sort of company have you been developing.…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Remove this new interface. Due to the update all settings of my old interface (shortcuts, custom button position) are lost and I have to set up my "workspace" new.
    Stop deleting the users setting when an update is made - while we pay 700 Euro per year and person.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. i want a milkshake

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The Help menu should be accessible even if the user is signed out of the software. The help menu allows us to update the software to latest version, repair the software, get help, and show status. These are all important to our IT team, which in the course of regular business, needs to log into users computers (with their own IT domain user account, not the users) to perform upgrades or repairs. The IT team should not have to ask the user for their login to do so. For example, if I log into a user’s computer using my domain…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The "Remember Current State of Tools Pane" option under Preferences...Documents never actually remembers anything. I close the annoyingly huge tools pane every single time I open a PDF, and every single time it comes back again.
    You forced me to "upgrade" to this version of Acrobat Reader, and it drives me insane. There was a reason I installed the old reader with the simple interface that worked.
    win10 home 22H2, reader version 2023.001.20174, but I'm pretty sure this has been a problem for as many versions as I can remember.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Scolling on a pdf when opening it prevents login.
    Steps to reproduce:
    If you open a pdf and click on the scrollbar and move it up and down login will not be done while you keep moving the bar, same think for the mouse wheel, if you keep moving the mouse wheel the login will not take place thus delaying access to features.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. You are referred to the American Society for Indexing Digital Publications Special Interest Group – Embedded Indexing Resources.
    Embedded Indexing Resources – Digital Publications Indexing (digital-publications-indexing.org)
    See the Hyperlinks Report under Compatibility observations.
    The request is for ranges and range names to be accessible from Acrobat readers enabling users to create hyperlinks to named ranges.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. QuickBooks is a versatile bookkeeping and accounting software that helps small and mid-sized business owners do multi-tasking in a seamless manner. With the help of this robust software, business owners can perform most of the complex tasks, such as tracking expenses, managing cash flow, creating invoices, preparing for taxes, etc., with ease. Over the years, several features have been introduced in the software which will assist you in performing your accounting tasks easily without having to face any difficulty.

Read more: https://bit.ly/3W2nNkC

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In Windows 11, the side toolbar placement is right on top of the document being viewed, obscuring the content (screenshot attached). There is no option to drag and drop it somewhere else. This was not an issue in Windows 10.

Moreover, the toolbars allow for customization, but there is no option to set those customizations as the default, so every time the app gets launched for a new sessions, I have to reset my desired customizations again. This wasn't an issue in Windows 10.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 there is a big blue "Share" button that is appearing at the top of all the PDF documents in my patients' charts in our EMR.

I don't think I need to elaborate about how abhorrent it is to see a big bright "Share" button on top of protected Personal Health Information.

I can customize the toolbar to hide this button in Acrobat itself, but not in the embedded browser of our EMR.

HOW CAN THIS BE TURNED OFF?? I need this fixed immediately.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bug Report:

I am distributing pdf files on USB drives that are locked for read only at the hardware level. Until about 6 months ago, I was able to do this with PDF files. Now, when I try to open a pdf file on a locked drive, I get an error that the file is corrupted. I can unlock the drive and then the file can be viewed without issue in Reader or Acrobat. I see this bug using two different manufacturers USB drives. It also reproduces using pdf/a files rather than standard pdf files. Marking the pdf file as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hello,

I tried checking the forums to see if my idea was presented yet. I did not find it and have scrolled a lot of pages.

So... my feedback is regarding the Adobe Create PDF Group Add-in in MS Office on the Ribbon. The Adobe Group Add-in keeps coming back when I remove it. I have been very thorough in my attempts of removing it, to the point of deleting the registry keys for it several times. I mean like, I kill it hard but it keeps coming back.

Please do not make coding that bypasses the settings we put…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The new quick action tool bar floats over the document covering contents. the panning of the document is also limited to the edge of the "paper" so these contents cannot be seen without zooming far in or far out.

This could be overcome if the display allowed for a buffer space around the page so the view could be drug past the edge of the paper. This way the document could be drug out from under the quick action toolbar.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. It is extremely hard to find things. Just as an example, I struggled with as simple a task as printing. It is not at all obvious to find the print button. No other application I use makes this as difficult as your new UI.
    2. This may either be another example of point 1, or the function is missing. Where is the button to display info about the application? The "About Acrobat" button? I can't find it.
    3. The application wastes massive amounts of my screen space. Stick to the purpose of the application and just display the document. I don't need…
    35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?