Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1499 results found

1. Almost every time I open Acrobat, whether on restart or wake-up, the locations of interface items changes. Today, "Recent files" is populated with the contents of my starred folder. Which is great because usually my starred folder is inexplicably empty, Today it's recent files that's empty.

Regularly I'm greeted with "Bytes not Ready" when performing basic commands.

Then I get some messages that are upside down and backwards! What is that?!

Signatures weren't available last week but they're back now!

As many others have suggested about going back to the old interface - Mine does that about every 8th time…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. REMOVE FEEDBACK BUTTON
    DONT NEED IT
    WHILE YR AT IT, ALLOW ME TO REMOVE ALL THESE OTHER NEW BUTTONS ADDED. ACROBAT TUTORIALS, NOTIFICATIONS, PROFILE AND SETTINGS. CLOGS UP THE HEADER BAR.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I get constant reminders of new features when I open PDFs. I don't want constant reminders. Just once at most.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have a 29 k PDF file that has overprinting objects. With my preferences set:
    Page Display > Use Overprint Preview: Always
    the file opens not showing the overprint, and 7 seconds later, the overprint renders correctly. It seems that this render should be a highest priority, rather than opening with one view, then changing, it should wait until the render is complete before showing me a false view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. In preferences uncheck Enable Protected Mode at startup. (This is a requirement for one of our business application Acrobat plug-ins)
    2. Minimize a PDF file that has been modified but not yet saved.
    3. Hover your mouse over the taskbar thumbnail of the PDF, but don't restore the window, then click the x from the thumbnail to close the file.

Acrobat freezes as the prompt to save changes pop up windows opens.

Tested on Acrobat Pro 32 bit version 2022.003.20322 and on Acrobat Reader.
    Windows 10 21H2 with Feb 2023 Windows updates installed.
    Reproduced on multiple laptops and desktop PCs and under…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When you open multiple PDFs, they're shown as tabs in the same Acrobat window. If you would then switch to tiled view (Shift+Ctrl+l) they become split into separate windows. That's odd.

Bug: Ctrl+Shift+l is supposed to place them side by side, in a row, but they're tiled on the screen, so that 4 PDFs are distributed in 2x2.

Feature request: do not split the tiled view into separate windows. Do the same as in Indesign. 2 up vertical etc., all in one window. Why? If you want to have them back into one window again there is no action for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In Print Production > Set Page Boxes dialog, the position of the selection boxes for input of margin values are not very intuitive. When setting the bottom margin, I tend to go to the last box, which as it is, is for the right margin. I propose a much more intuitive positioning of the input boxes. The current dialog box and the new, proposed one are in the uploaded images.

Note the intuitive positions of the input boxes, Top, Left, Right, Bottom, which correspond to the actual positions on the page. Small details like this expedite work because they avoid…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The user's choice for "fit to width scrolling", "fit one page", "read mode" should remain consistent for ALL documents and sessions. It's extremely aggravating that i have to choose my preference for every document.

Further, based on internet searches, setting the page display preference to "single page continuous" and "fit width" in preferences does not actually change the default behavior to what i want nor stick across future docs that are opened.

Every f*ing doc i open i have to click on the "fit to width scrolling" to be able to read the doc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bug

A weird issue only when you try to combine PDFs from the right-click menu in Windows.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Find 2 or more PDFs in Explorer, highlight them, right-click, Combine Files in Acrobat...
    2. Acrobat launches with a white screen. To fix, simply resize the window in any way and the screen for combining files renders correctly. Click Home and going tack to Tools also fixes it.

Windows 10 22H2 (Also occurs in Windows 11 21H2). Occurs on many workstations in our environment.
    Acrobat Pro 2022.003.20322

I'd expect it to load the combine files interface when Acrobat launches.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The website is not accepting my vote on another idea (although I am logged in), so I'm adding more ideas.
    Multiple issues:
    1. The new icon-based styles for editing or commenting are completely nonintuitive; other than printing/saving/zooming/scrolling from the other toolbars, I don't know what any of the buttons mean.
    2. Please move some buttons from editing to commenting or vice versa, or combine their toolbars, or rename their bars. It is ridiculously hard to figure out how to add a rectangular shape in the new Acrobat Pro. It was easy in my last version of Acrobat Pro
    3. Please…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. New toolbar overlapping a ruler.
    It should adjust screen position automatically to avoid covering other interface elements.
    Give us option to move that floating toolbar too and also possibility to change default buttons position.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Open documents in separate windows is gone from settings and all PDFs are opening in the same window in separate tabs.
    I need PDFs to open in separate windows.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please fix the huge circle issue in highlighting text. I just spent about 5 hours trying to fix it and no luck. I have also ready thousands of users are having the same issue. It worked perfectly until I started paying for pdf now it's not working. Please fix this!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I am amazed at how hard it is to flatten a document when you’re trying to accomplish something so simple. It is amazing and impressive that Adobe has made it so complex, confusing, and impossible to use. It is so bad that when I call Adobe for help, the tech support just advises me to open up the document in Google Chrome and save it as a PDF. For such an expensive product, that is ridiculous!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please restore functionality that existed in Acrobat X:
    1. Drag & Drop files with Legacy Actions and with Acrobat DC actions
    2. Do not displaying each file processed by actions for faster processing
    3. Be able to edit actions created in prior versions of Acrobat
    4. New actions should have an option to prompt user to add more files before running
    Please watch the following video for a complete description and comparison of the functionality to Acrobat X:
    https://youtu.be/cyNZ8EoDvPg

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Admin Console missing KEY Admin feature, reset a user's password. I am going to flood these forums once an hour every day until I get some to respond to why. Security reasons is not acceptable, I am the admin.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Using 64-bit Acrobat since version 22.003.20282, in any PDF document when opening Document Properties, then changing to the Description tab and to Security tab the text is overlapping.

We have found that if you disable Sandbox Protections under Prefereneces - Security (Enhanced) - Uncheck Enable Protected Mode at startup it resolved the issue. We plan on opening a ticket with Adobe.

You can also turn it off via the regitry
    [HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\Privileged]
    "bProtectedMode"=dword:00000000

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. UX design used to be to provide the best possible functional interface to allow the end user to be as productive as possible. The latest Adobe Acrobat interface flys in the face of these standards. It has moved menus, hidden functionality behind icons and in the name of looking cool or nice has ruined my productivity.

I never comment in these forums, but what you have done with the latest interface is so dysfunctional that if you worked for me I would fire the lot of you.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Even if a single document is open in New Acrobat Pro the file name is displayed as trimmed. This is totally unacceptable in workflows where file names carry important information and must be inspected together with visual PDF information. This simple interface change makes Acrobat useless in prepress work, please fix this or provide a solution in settings.
    Adobe Acrobat Pro for mac version 2022.003.20314.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. on the adobe acrobat online documents page, files have their modified dates displayed but only in the American Format (e.g. 2/3/2023). This is confusing for users outside U.S.

can it be updated to at least Follow international standard as the baseline or give options for display type

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?