Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1500 results found

1. Change it back! These new versions are filled with bugs and inconsistencies, leaving the user experience LESS than ideal

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Acrobat previously had an option to have buttons for "Preview View" (using a left arrow icon) and "Next View" (using a right arrow icon). This is no longer the case in the new user interface. Please allow this to be added to the customizable toolbar. Thank you.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Just opened a PDF file that I had worked on yesterday, and now all the menus are set out differently. How can I revert back to old display?

I want Adobe to look the same as it did yesterday. Confusion causes loss of productivity.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. HAD MENUS SET FOR EASILY DOING WHAT I DO. AFTER THE UI CHANGE I HAVE TO SPEND A DAY RESETTING THE MENUS. HIGHLY INEFFICIENT AND A WASTE OF MY TIME. DO NOT THINK THAT ONCE I RESET MY MENUS PERFORMANCE WILL BE IMPROVED, BECAUSE AFTER THE PREVIOUS UI CHANGE THAT WAS NOT THE CASE!!! FROM THE OTHER FEEDBACKS IT IS OBVIOUS THAT ABOBE DOES NOT CONSIDER THE USER!!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. O novo layout é péssimo! A opção de seleção de texto é completamente longe da opção de pular para próxima página, por exemplo... A atualização foi contraproducente... Está muito mais demorado para utilizar/trabalhar... Gostaria de poder configurar novamente, os menus/atalhos na parte superior.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The new UI that was forced upon us is not the most efficient layout for everyone. Therefore, we need the ability to be able to customize access to what tools we use most often. Most of the ones I currently use take multiple clicks to get to and through this, costs me time and frustration. It seems from reading other comments that I am not alone in this viewpoint.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. hi,

i recently had a forced update on adobe acrobat 23.008.20470. and i am extremely unhappy with the user interface changes. driving me nuts. put that **** back the way it was. now i have a bar thats taking up a large portion of the right side of my screen all the time. i can't put the buttons i want along the top only. i'm having difficulty getting my text format options to save. i double click on a text to move it and the text just highlights, it doesn't bring up the move cross. i cant even select the…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Searching for a word or phrase inside a very big pdf consisting of thousands of pages will often freeze/not responding or take extremely long to return results. Can a feature be added where you can select a certain amount of pages to be isolated for the search and/or select a bookmark or tree branch to be isolated for a search thereby only indexing a section of the pdf for your search term.

This is a headache my whole team at my company consisting of over a thousand employees are facing on a daily basis.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ma come cacchio vi è venuto in mente di stravolgere l'interfaccia? Almeno potreste mettere un'opzione per ripristinare l'interfaccia precedente.
    Abituati da anni ad avere determinati pulsanti in determinati posti, la visualizzazione della pagina in alto, etc, ora è tutto stravolto.
    E con gli strumenti sempre tra i piedi... se è una mossa per convincere a comprare la licenza per l'uso di questi strumenti potrebbe essere controproducente; non solo non posso comprare la licenza (lo uso al lavoro) ma così infastidito probabilmente imposterò Edge come visualizzatore PDF di default.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hello
    The UI has just been updated under Windows (2024-01-18), which I like so far.
    But what has remained the same is the settings window.
    I have now counted over 320 (!!!) individual setting options in all categories.
    What do you think, does this contribute to user-friendliness?
    I think certainly not.
    The other day I finally dug through all the options to see what else would make sense to set.
    I was extremely busy for many hours.
    And I think a lot of things could be simplified and left out or implemented in a more user-friendly way.
    Or perhaps an…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please stop having popup windows when I open Acrobat. If I just opened a file, it is because I am working. The popup is very irritating. I understand that you are trying to tell me about a feature, but the timing is horrible. There is a notification bell - please use that for announcing features.

Also, it shakes my trust in Adobe to have to go through so much effort to give feedback. The account creation process is absurd. I understand that you have to accommodate the bad actors in the world, but the burden can't be just transferred to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Tabs on the new version are terrible. it is now very difficult to see what documents are open. The stupid little star for the active document tab is also terrible. There should be a visible delineation between the tabs and the active document tab should just be a different color or shade or even outlined with a thicker line type. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. This is not an idea, it's a bug notice.
    I have a new M3 MacBook Pro with 36 GB RAM running MacOS Sonoma, which should be screaming fast.
    Unfortunately the latest incarnation of Acrobat DC (2023.008) is useless in full-screen mode. It switches to full screen just fine, but coming out of full screen literally takes over a minute. The screen is just black and the computer is unresponsive this entire time. This is ridiculous that in 2024 this should be a problem. Please fix this ASAP Adobe!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Search function does not work.

When pressing ctrl+F, the search option appears but does not find anything. Even when I'm staring right at the word or text I typed in the search box. How can a basic function like this be broken and still get released? This is a complete waste of time and productivity for anyone that relies on this function to search large documents. Please fix this or give us the option to roll back to a version that actually works.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Your new interface is complete garbage. I have been using this software for years, and while I have been able to adapt to a lot of changes, you swapping the location of the bookmarks and tools is completely unwarranted and terrible. This is literally painful to look at. Who ever thought this was a good idea should go live in computer purgatory with that stupid Microsoft paperclip.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. WTF are you thinking! Who has the idea of "simplifying" someone's interface when it's not asked for. I didn't even get a choice! All of a sudden this morning I find my whole setup was changed. Flip-flopped the side margins! Reset my toolbar. Make me look at a hideous floating toolbar when there is plenty of room to dock it! I don't have time to figure out how to re-learn how to use your program today! I need to get my reports edited and sent out and now I'm stuck trying to find where all my tools went!

And you…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have adobe panes, quick tools, toolbar, etc. customized so that all the tools I use are in easy reach. I do NOT need to waste my time rebuilding my workspace just to make it functional again.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Glad I'm not alone. I'm a former Ux designer for a CAD company. The user interface is the absolute worst experience I've ever encountered. Take a hint from Blue Beam and design a ribbon, or get out of the business. Attached is just a tiny example. Extracting a page from a document, and I see TWO dialog boxes? On top of not being able to find anything related to production/markups, it's constantly freezing, and Task Manager in Windows is my only friend at that point.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. What happened to Acrobat? A perfectly good UI scrapped for a bulky, screen hogging, unfriendly experience. Did everyone lose their minds during the pandemic? It sure feels like it. I know Adobe likes to make customers re-learn all it's software with every new version but this is exceptional. Very rude. Not happy.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?