Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1525 results found

1. New update is making it difficult to use Adobe for simple PDF things as previously used. We may have to unfortunately cancel our subscription if we are not allowed to revert to the previous version and use another PDF viewing and editing software.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I tire of having to re learn how to do things that were one key stroke or mouse click operations but now are 2 hand tasks or impossible to do. Why is it so important to change look and feel to "be like" google or microsoft or apple?

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I understand engineers need to make a living, and therefore must come up with new and adventurous ways to "optimize" content. With the 23.001.20177 release of Pro tools are now delegated to one visible and one hidden list in the left sidebar. PDF standards are near the bottom of the hidden list. I use this all the time, so now I must go through multiple points and clicks to perform a task that was one click before. Either go back to the previous configuration or allow the toolbar to be customized. (I saw "solved" on an old previous thread on…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I think it is a very bad thing if a software manufacturer implements major changes such as the totally new design of acrobat pro. I didn't get any notic. it was just there. the handling is ****. Sorry but it is. My quick tool bar was gone. The tools wer gone to the left side. in Short: Without notifying the customer, it is a no go!
    Not even the support knew about this instantly. They had to look it up?! And if you intent to forward critiscm, no one feels responsible. To what sort of company have you been developing.…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. REMOVE THE IDIOTIC HOME SCREEN! there has been thousands of threads on this. Nobody likes! the first thing everyone does after an update, googles how to turn it off, because adobe likes to move that option around to make it more difficult for everyone!
    i'm in production so i have to open a lot of pdf files, so each time i close one i have to close 2 windows. do you think this is productive? no it's a waste of time. REMOVE!!!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The new acrobat seems to force the side panels on the right and quick action on left. We need option to move the side panel back to left and turn off the quick action toolbar

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please allow me to set a preference that Adobe will NOT display that annoying home screen (the one with all my recent files listed) Just what I need, another open window to get in the way.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The first thing I do when I open a PDF 90% of the time is Ctl+H to go into read mode. Could there be an option to open in read mode by default?

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When I unselect the Show Home Screen preference... actually STOP showing me the **** Home Screen.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The blue popup boxes that come up when opening/editing PDFs may be helpful for new users, but for experienced users they are everything from useless through condescending and all the way into genuinely in the way of working. I for one don't need to have the 'Add Text' button pointed out for me when I am editing a PDF, or a box come up and say "This looks like a form". I know what I'm working on, and the popups are as unwelcome and unhelpful as Clippy.

All we need is a little checkbox on the blue boxes saying "Do…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. New adobe is completely horrible! Not user friendly at all! Too many clicks now just to do something simple.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'm trying to make the select tool the default when Acrobat opens instead of the hand tool.

I was running Acrobat DC fine with the select tool as the default on Windows 7. I just got a new computer with Windows 10 and now I'm having trouble. Same version of Acrobat, just a new operating system.

I've tried almost everything mentioned in this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2179758

The one thing I couldn't try was the scrubbing tool, because I have Creative Cloud. I did uninstall and reinstall Acrobat. It didn't work. Then I tried the "Repair Installation" option in the Acrobat help…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Increasingly throughout the internet there are files available which are not in our own language ☹ I remain baffled why an in-built translator has not been implemented to generate a translated document given the number of countries globally using Adobe today. In simple terms, we have computers to do this for us as I again find myself attempting the labourious task to convert line by line through an online translator. This says a lot for us as a technology society.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. go back to the old view where I could pin the tools I want to the top. The new view is horrible!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Visual designers managed to ruin a tool that was excellent and practical. The environment is now completely different, difficult to use, confusing, with no work flow. I would recommend a book to designers: Steve Krug's "Don't Make Me Think".

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. How to go back to the much, much better original menu system. The new one is like a complete paradigm shift. If that is how it worked, I would have never subscribed since it is unusable. Horrible.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In new layout there is no place where I can check the name of opened file. On tabs there is place only for short file names. When file name is longer I have to hover over the tab to see its name in tooltip. There should be possibility to show whole file name in other way.

In old layout whole filename is presented at the title bar.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. WHY THE **** DID YOU DO THIS AT THE BEGINNING OF TAX SEASON!

I HAD EVERYTHING SET UP TO BE EFFICIENT AND NOW NOTHING WORKS.

LET US CHOSE TO GO BACK TO WHAT WORKS!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Quit ****** around with the user interface! It takes a valuable amount of time to RELEARN where the **** everything is. Then after 4-5 months of ******** at your screen because you don't use it every day, you finally get where everything is. Then the next big update the **** cycle starts over!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Your new interface is complete garbage. I have been using this software for years, and while I have been able to adapt to a lot of changes, you swapping the location of the bookmarks and tools is completely unwarranted and terrible. This is literally painful to look at. Who ever thought this was a good idea should go live in computer purgatory with that stupid Microsoft paperclip.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 76 77
  • Don't see your idea?