Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug Report: Viewing pdfs from task bar

1. Viewing pdfs from task bar flickering

2. After minimizing the opened pdfs, I try to go to the task bar to view the 4 or more pdfs that I have running. It wont view all of them (flickers the images) so I cant select the one to open up when I hover over the icon in the task bar until after several tries?

3. Windows edition: Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1
      Adobe Acrobat Standard DC Version 2019.010.20091

4. Expected result: Show opened pdfs when hovering over task bar Adobe icon.

5. Observed result: Place pointer over Adobe icon in task bar flickers opened…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Singe page view, horizontal swipe to "flip" pages

Drawboard PDF's single page view allows one to swipe through pages (like "flipping" pages in a book). I find this helps with retention as it breaks apart the text, delineated by page breaks. I've tried your single page vertical scrolling view, but I found it to be clunky. A few things that would probably make this better (for the horizontal swipe as well):

1. Don't have the page "glued" to the screen, but put it on a rubber band -- so, as someone "drags" the page, you can see it react/ shift from the center/ default position. If the user just…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Icons on Toolbar appear unsharp

since the last Adobe software update the icons in my Acrobat DC toolbar appear unsharp. What can be the reason for that?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Strumenti

se fosse possibile scegliere la dimensione (Grande o Piccolo) delle icone degli strumenti o ridurre lo spazio fra una e l'altra in quanto troppo ingombranti (ne ho circa 40 preferite), sarebbe comodo anche se andassero su 2 righe ma farebbero rimpicciolire l'area di visualizzazione del pdf, inoltre, se fosse possibile, cambiare alcune icone in modo da far capire meglio a cosa corrispondono. Ad esempio l'anteprima separazione è troppo simile a quella di ottimizzazione pdf. la conversione colore era molto più immediata quando era colorata. La frecciata per far accedere ai pannelli di navigazione dovrebbe sempre essere aperta e, semmai, ritrarla…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Finer Adjustments in Full Screen Mode

In Full Screen Mode I can only Zoom In or Out with the Mouse Wheel which picks coarse magnification levels. I would like a Keyboard Sequence to be able to Increase or Decrease Magnification by 1% up or down (while maintaing the Full Screen Mode.

I have need to adjust some PDF embedded images to the maximum screen real estate I can get and being able to adjust Magnification Up or Down by 1% each click would be Very Useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Show the Navigation Pane Buttons by default.

I use the navigation pane all the time. How can I set the navigation pane buttons to show by default?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. HORRIBLE, JUST HORRIBLE

Dear Adobe... for over 20 years I have used Adobe products and with one or two tiny exceptions in the early years, and absolutely loved them all. Photoshop, Design, Creative Suite, Premier Pro you name it I've probably bought it and in many cases bought literally dozens of copies for numerous functions and colleagues too many to mention (see my old Adobe account). One of these which I have used almost daily for years was Adobe Acrobat Pro. I still have 11.0.23 running on an old laptop and it runs like a dream. Full of features and stable as mile…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Sorry for the Issue that you are facing while using Acrobat DC.

Could you please specify what exactly do you feel Buggy with the latest version ?
    Also When do you face crashes/Slowness on using Acrobat.

Would help if you could send me the crash report when Acrobat crashes for you.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

8. Adobe Acrobat crashes when a network is connected but no Internet access exists

If the Mac is connected to a WLAN hotspot, but has no internet access via this WLAN and I start Adobe Acrobat, the program crashes. The interface opens briefly and then Acrobat wants to log in with the account to check its license. Either the program terminates itself or the Mac has the beachball. In this case Acrobat cannot be closed normally. Only if I kill the program the Mac can be used normally again. If I have internet access via the WLAN or deactivate the WLAN, Acrobat will work again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bookmark height and bookmark text size

In Acrobat Pro, reducing the size of the bookmark text also reduced the bookmark height, so more bookmarks were visible at any one time. In Acrobat Pro DC, the bookmark height is fixed at a height that accommodates large text, so reducing the text size doesn't increase the number of visible bookmarks. For example, where I could previously see 57 bookmarks in Acrobat Pro (with small text), I can now only see 40 bookmarks in Acrobat Pro DC.
    Having more visible bookmarks makes the bookmark facility more useful. It is easier to find a bookmark, and it is easier to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bug: no key binding of custom menu

Brief title: Bug: no key binding of custom menu
    Steps to reproduce the issue: Adding a (sub)menu item through javascript API e.g. app.addSubMenu('CustomScripts', '', 'File', 0)
    Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.): Windows 7 running Acrobat 2019.008.20081
    Expected result: An alphanumeric key binds to the item name. In the example above, since "C" is binds to Close of File menu item, binding of "u" is expected to the custom menu item named "CustomScripts"
    Observed result: No alphanumeric key binding. A user using keyboard can only navigate through arrows, which is tedious and not accessible friendly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. My toolbar settings were wiped out after recent update.

Why aren't the toolbars for Acrobat DC Creative Cloud version synced across all of my computers?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  6 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Adobe Acrobat Standard DC Single Page View Shortcut Button Not Working

Adobe Acrobat Standard DC Single Page View Shortcut Button Not Working. It does nothing when I hit it. Please fix.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please add the Text add icon to the main tool bar. Why cant it be part of that?

I always have to open the comments bar to add text. Why not just have that T in the main bar or allow us to add that. Also, why is the icon for Comments bar the same as sticky note? Odd. so please give us ability to choose more icons for the main bar. Takes too much time opening different bars. That is not efficient at all. And make that comments icon different than the sticky note one. Strange.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mass Edit PDF Meta Data

Per support, it is not currently possible to mass edit the Title attribute of multiple PDFs simultaneously. It would be very helpful to be able to mass edit PDF meta data.

Example: A user has hundreds of PDFs. Many of them have a single space as the Title attribute. This is confusing for the user since it appears to them that no title is displayed when opening a PDF.

Using Action Wizard, you could select the folder with the PDFs and edit the title attribute for all the PDFs simultaneously.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. autosave

Please help me find my autosaved document- the program closed and I know it's set to autosave every five minutes. Can't find the new version of the document anywhere.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Notebook Feature

A feature that would pull highlighted text into a single document or space. It would also combine comments. The end goal would be for the user to have a custom outline of the content with their notes without needing to go back through the whole document or export to work and copy/paste.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. how to hide layer permenenently in pdf, can you provide option to permenently hide Layer in pdf.

I use latest adobe acrobat dc pro version 2018,when i open some pdf document, layer gets open from side bar pane everytime , while i never use that layer popup from side bar pane for any pdf document, so can you please help to permanently hide layer popup from side navigation pane? i open 1000 different drawings from where i get layer pop from left end side everytime, i can not hide it temperaroy with right click on navigation pane, so can you help to deploy update to hide layer permenently for that 1000 or more new drawings? permenently so…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. menues, ribbon and top portion of window goes white and window controls don't work

I use Adobe Acrobat through my entire Engineering Consulting Business (Bowden engineering Solutions Pty ltd), but I have a bug with Acrobat DC Pro. I am running it on a laptop that has on Windows 10 and a second monitor that is connected with HDMI and positioned above the laptop monitor. The laptop monitor is still selected as the "main display". The bug occurs about 50% of the time when I open an Acrobat file. The Acrobat window maximises on the second monitor and there is a blank portion along the top of the Acrobat window that covers the menus,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. simplification

please simplify the overall user experience - as we had it earlier! all new additions might be welcomed by some- however there are also peop

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for Reaching out to us for your concern.
    Could you please let us know the exact issues that you face while using any functionality in Acrobat so that we can work upon that for your simplification ?

Thanks
    Ayush

20. To convert measuere doesn´t work...

Hi, i have Acrobat DC (Pro) and uses the measure-tool a lot, but nowadays it doesnt work to change the scale. If i want to change from 1:100 to for ex 1:50 I change ti in the area where I should change it (by rightclick) AND then it shows that it should measure in 1:50 BUT still it shows the same figures when I measure..... Is it something with the program or with the file I should change???

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base