Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1500 results found

1. This latest update of Adobe Acrobat is horrible. The new layout is disorienting, not at all intuitive and I can't find anything anymore. The tool bars and other side sections now take up so much space that I have no space in which to read. The floating tool thingy on the left side obscures text that I want to see. Who was this designed for and how do I revert back to the previous version of the program?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Change the tool bars BACK. CANNOT find anything. What were you doing - smoking fentanyl?!@# and decided to confuse everyone?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The new acrobat seems to force the side panels on the right and quick action on left. We need option to move the side panel back to left and turn off the quick action toolbar

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I am a long time user of the creative suite and acrobat pro and have been intentionally not upgrading to DC because the interface is so aweful but now I have been forced to upgrade and I cannot stress how terrible it is. It's been around long enough for the feedback about how aweful it is to get back to you guys to fix the problem. Please fix it and add an option for classic view. It also looks an educational game for kindergarteners which I wouldn't even mind if it were easier to use. Please fix already.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Dear Sir,
    Please note that Accessibility Settings for enabling Dark Mode don't always work. They do work but in some cases only. Please see the attached images to understand the issue. It's high time that Acrobat DC should officially support Dark Mode / Dark Theme for viewing a pdf in the same way as the feature is supported on Android version of the software. Dark Mode is partially implemented in the product like the Tools Bar and all but not implemented for viewing a pdf. Please address this issue ASAP. Thank you.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. If I update a PDF (Export from InDesign) on the server or the desktop, I use View After Exporting, and despite closing the PDF between updates Acrobat always and only shows the previous PDF - until I quit Acrobat. So I'm quitting and reopening Acrobat 20 or more times a day which is REALLY annoying. Only started happening with version 17.012.20095 on a Mac Pro running CS2015 onwards.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Like every other service, Adobe as well keeps making things increasingly difficult for people who are not neurotypical. Like this new AI button that SCREAMS in the right corner. Because of these kind of features, using these services (of which we pay a great deal for) is getting almost impossible. I really would appreciate the developers to take into account people whose brain simply does not work in a way that ignoring that HUGE colourful button in the corner is possible. Now that it is there, I cannot use Adobe Acrobat anymore without sticking a sticker to my computer screen…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please stop updating the program in such a difficult way that is almost impossible to determine were the functions are. Additionally this updates take A LOT of the screen view of the document when searching for tools. I have to use this every single day for work and constant document stamping and certifications. I do not have time to sit down and learn the entire layout of the program every time one of your developers feels like "impressing" his/her superior. STOP! We are paying for this! Might as well start printing documents and work on them manually. What a shame!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. the new version of Adobe Acrobat Pro is horrible. The layout is totally counter productive. buttons and toolbars have been moved to places they should not be. this new design is more than a few steps backwards. it is a lot harder to use than before. really really bad redesign

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The new update is just horrible. Mutch less userfriendly then the previous version. Would gladly go back to the old one. Please do a serious update to the new verison.
    The signing is almost impossible. Sometimes it workes and other times is does not. The 100 choices for the signing makes it confusing and hopless to use.
    The application hangs/freezes all the time.

I would not recommend it to anyone after this update.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The new UI is not user friendly... it was supposed to improve the user experience, but you failed here. You have to go several layers of submenus to get a function that was previously available in one click... Thankfully you can disable the new acrobat to go back to the old UI, but this option will probably dissapear in time. So please check users' priorities before big changes.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Your new UI sucks. I'm sure you guys are proud of yourselves for starting with a clean sheet and reimagining the UI, but it's like a QWERTY keyboard. Everyone is trained in a standard UI language, and yours departs from the standard SO much that it's impossible to use.

And your subscription costs a fortune, making the traditional UI of something like Foxit or PowerPDF so much more attractive. Not sure how much longer I'll last fumbling around your clunky UI.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This new version of adobe reader is not useful at all. I have just wasted a half hour trying to find the "Find" tool. I want the old version back - I wasn't even offered an option to keep it even without support. When things are not broke, don't trying fixing them.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow all users to choose how they use toolbars, so they can set it up to however they work. This means allowing them to turn it on or off. If on, allow users to dock it to whatever part of the screen they want it on, top, bottom, left or right. And finally, allow them to expand the toolbar to be able to read the names OR have just the icons themselves. The new version isn't that bad, the users just need to know where the tools are, so they can use them. So my final suggestion is to have…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I hate the features bar on the right side. It is not natural to go to the bottom of a window to change the zoom or use tools that should be on the top ribbon. Please allow users to choose where they would like these tools. This is a horrible user experience and should definitely something people should be allowed to choose. This is going to cause so much more work for me when I need to comment a bunch on a document because I will have to click on a menu to get a comment box. I sometimes have…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Not being able to move the side bar to the top is ridiculous. Just a terrible layout that is not productive. Good software is written to be highly customizable, not locking the user into what you think is best.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The new layout with for Adobe Pro with the tools on the left and the pages/bookmarks on the right is much harder to use. After so many years, why were they switched around? Please bring back the search field so that I can find tools. Everything I use is now hidden under layers of menus and really small icons.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I've updated from 32 to 64 bits Adobe acrobat Pro and the user interface experience is terrible:
    * I don't find anywhere the add textbox.
    * I don't see the number of pages nor the present page number
    * I cannot add a button to take snapshots and to take an snapshot I have to go to the text / tool search. I cannot find the option in the menus.

I miss a lot the 32 bits user interface. I loose a lot of time looking for commands that where easy to find in the 32 bits version.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In the new version, give us back the expandable toolbar on the rightside. Should not have to do a tool search for item. (e.g. textbox)

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Brief title for your desired feature: Refresh/Reload PDF

How would you like the feature to work? A keyboard shortcut or button that reloads the PDF currently being viewed.

Why is this feature important to you? I work with LaTeX a lot and the Acrobat Reader is the best PDF reader out there, but I frequently recompile a document and always have to close and reopen it to get the latest version. This is a hassle that could be made easy with a simple keyboard shortcut.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 74 75
  • Don't see your idea?