Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1528 results found

1. I use dual 32" monitors for CAD. In version 2023-008-20470 this results is 8" of dead space on each side of a 8-1/2" x 11" PDF . While I like the smaller icons of the latest release, it is infuriating that I cannot place the toolbar, navigation pane, and page controls (Pg#, zoom, magnification, etc.) across the top where they would be most efficient to access in my situation. Their fixed positions on the sides of the screen might be acceptable to laptop users, but it is very inefficient on large monitors.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I rarely comment on product updates because my life is crazy busy and I don't want to waste my time. In fact, I've only ever opined on such matters maybe three times in my life, and I'm middle aged. Hopefully, that clarifies how strongly I feel about this.
    I absolutely HATE that I cannot personalize my toolbar. I hate not being able to dock it. I have forms that I use in my job, and I loved have immediate access to "Save As" so as to leave my original intact and not oversave it by accident. Yes, I realize I…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. New Acrobat has at least 5 menu / tool locations that can not be hidden and panels that pop out.

To call this messy, annoying and cluttering is an under statement.

At least the top menu bar has been slimmed down compared to the prior version.

The top window edge has enough space for all items.

The bottom edge status bar can stay.

ALL OTHER BARS SHOULD BE COMPELTELY UNDER THE CONTROL OF THE USER FOR CONTENT AND VISIBILITY - AT THE APPLICATION LEVEL, NOT PER DOCUMENT.

Ideally, for my uses, Acrobat should open one windows PER document (another bug/omission,…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please allow docking the toolbar. Also, I'm having a lot of trouble finding the tools I use the most (zoom/unzoom, fit to width, etc.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Acrobat previously had an option to have buttons for "Preview View" (using a left arrow icon) and "Next View" (using a right arrow icon). This is no longer the case in the new user interface. Please allow this to be added to the customizable toolbar. Thank you.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. While you sit and figure out the stupid, illogical, and absolutely unreliable interface, why don't you allow users to downgrade to a supported version that both works, unlike this version, and is responsive, unlike this version!

Adobe, you have not provided any, let alone good customer service by releasing this POS software. You have unleashed a hellish nightmare on your customers with no way out. You are definitely going to lose customers over this. I am one of them. I have been using Adobe Acrobat Pro since it came out. You just wrecked it. Get it fixed or quit so…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The annoying Tools Bar shows up no matter what I do. I have gone in and checked unchecked, checked again. But every single document opens with the useless Tools Bar!
    Also, when Acrobat upgraded why did all my settings vanish?? I have to set it up the way I like it all over again!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Why take away the option of a permanent menu bar at the TOP of the screen. (Folks would REALLY like it if they had the choice of enabling / disabling a permanent MENU bar over a drop down list...)

Yes, the drop down list is good for some, but many of us DESPISE it!!!! We want the permanent menu bar.
    The newest UI is not the greatest and a good number of us want tool bar option on the far RIGHT anyway...
    And also, it seems the newest UI iteration DOES NOT honor the users' desire of opening Adobe WITHOUT…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. People don't have time to find where everything has been moved to when you upgrade Acrobat. The new GUI is horrible. You are slowing down my productivity.

Tools being located on the left side instead of the top menu bar is useless to most of the users.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It's so annoying to have to close the All Tools and Bookmarks panes every time I open a document. None of the settings seem to work. Why isn't there a default option to hide these panes?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. New floating quick toolbar to be stacked in the new acrobat experience
    the new floating bar covers the document areas and it is very annoying. User should be given the option to be able to stack the bar up down right or left.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have had Adobe Acrobat Pro for years and have just changed to Adobe Acrobat Pro within Creative Cloud.

I am thoroughly frustrated with the screen layout.

There is a toolbar OVER the top of the document area. There is a huge blank space at the top of the page that COULD be used to show menu items such as Search - but it is just a big blank. Ditto the right hand side of the screen.

Overall, far too much screen space has been wasted. Menus "hidden" by having to select various tabs. This has NOT been designed with…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I feel like my hands are tied behind my back. I can't navigate the new design of the tool bar down the side. Let me have my tool bar back at the top

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. page navigation need to go back to left panel. Because cannot see both navigation and comment panel at the same time! or allow use to set their prefer panel layout!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. STOP...

For hecks sake... what bright spark decided to change to everything on the user screen in Acrobat . Talk about pulling up a workflow with this sort of change! Do you realise what this does to entire organisations. I should be billing you for lost productivity due to this rubbish.

There are things everywhere. Left Right, a fixed panel on the left I can't seem to get rid of and all this right in the middle of a major multi million dollar event planning and roll out.

At least when you bought software outright you knew when you sat…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. With the latest version of Adobe Acrobat the setting that previously worked to disable the Tools Pane on startup no longer works. This was obviously not added to regression testing procedures. I could not even take a screenshot of the Adobe Acrobat Reader version AS IT DISAPPEARS THE MOMENT I SELECT THE Microsoft Snipping tool!!! So ... via my smartphone camera, it's Continuous Release | Version 2023.003.20284 | 64-bit. I am using Windows 10 with latest updates.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. "Remember current state of Tools Pane" doesn't work.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please do not release the new modern interface - immediately noticed the simple "add text" feature is gone - it is now edit entire document. Major functionaly design flaw. There is nothing wrong with the current version, please do not change it.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The new quick action tool bar floats over the document covering contents. the panning of the document is also limited to the edge of the "paper" so these contents cannot be seen without zooming far in or far out.

This could be overcome if the display allowed for a buffer space around the page so the view could be drug past the edge of the paper. This way the document could be drug out from under the quick action toolbar.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. marquee zoom is a critical tool that should be accessible from the quick access tools or pinned somewhere on a tool bar. in the new update on windows 11 this is not possible and marquee zoom can only be activated from the drilling down through the drop down menu each time you need to use it, which is constant for me. in general this release makes it very difficult to set up the interface for efficient use in different work flows. other tools like the print snapshot seem to just be gone. print snapshot is another very useful tool that…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?