Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1528 results found

1. Tabs have an empty area above them, meaning you can't take the mouse all the way to the top of the screen to quickly select a tab.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It takes up so much room and I want to see my document not a menu I'm not going to use.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Worst user interface in the world and ever.

Why the **** can't your filth software adhere to it when a PDF is supposed to open with the bookmarks pane?

Just go *** with this wretched muck, but read this before:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/acrobat-dc-so-horrible-it-s-making-me-want-to-cry/td-p/7112271

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Former versions of Acrobat, prior to Acrobat DC, had the capability of showing tools on two rows at the top of the document pane.

The lack of colorization of icons in DC, the basic shapes and the inability to show nearly all tools in the toolbar makes it very difficult and time consuming to edit and markup documents. I most often use the full array of tools and find it time consuming to search for tools that don't "fit" on the single row toolbar.

Please consider a options for users to add a second row or more to the tool…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. How is it possible that we cannot completely customize the toolbar as we see fit? And why would you ever force us to waste space with things like a "Provide Feedback" button? And why does the menu disappear every time I check or uncheck a box somewhere on the View settings, forcing me to go through three menu levels for every single click?

AND WHY CAN WE NOT IMPORT/EXPORT THE SETTINGS??? It's 2022. You should be embarrassed.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Copy Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome's vertical tabs feature for open documents. I often have many tabs open and documents which have been saved or named similarly - especially the first few letters of the filename. This makes navigating between documents difficult because you can't see enough of the file name or title. You have to remember them based on the position of the tabs (which of course changes as you add tabs).

Also, I would like to be able to edit the file name or the file title directly from the tab, even with the document open.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a right-click menu option (context menu) on the .pdf's Tab to offer the option to Copy the full path and filename into the Copy/Paste Buffer. This would be identical in behavior to Windows 10 Explorer's Shift-Right-Click on a file, and get the option: Copy as Path.

This is a user convenience I've become well-accustomed to and use it in many ways during the day, my co-workers do also.

Also, to do the same thing from the Document Properties, Description Sheet, make the File and the Location also able to highlight and copy for the same buffer. It saves having…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please, please can we have the option to show the Zoom Value (percentage) on the main toolbar. I can't use the 'out of toolbar' display as it disappears, and can't keep taking the mouse down to show the disappearing toolbar every time I want to know what zoom value I'm at.

Thanks
    Mike

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dear Adobe... for over 20 years I have used Adobe products and with one or two tiny exceptions in the early years, and absolutely loved them all. Photoshop, Design, Creative Suite, Premier Pro you name it I've probably bought it and in many cases bought literally dozens of copies for numerous functions and colleagues too many to mention (see my old Adobe account). One of these which I have used almost daily for years was Adobe Acrobat Pro. I still have 11.0.23 running on an old laptop and it runs like a dream. Full of features and stable as mile…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry for the Issue that you are facing while using Acrobat DC.

Could you please specify what exactly do you feel Buggy with the latest version ?
    Also When do you face crashes/Slowness on using Acrobat.

Would help if you could send me the crash report when Acrobat crashes for you.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

10. I am visually impaired and have implemented the Windows accessibility features that allow me to make my mouse pointer dark, inverted and larger, so that I can more easily locate the cursor on the page. However in Adobe Acrobat DC, your default cursor does not allow this Windows feature to carry over. Honestly it is terrible and should really be fixed to be at least darker, larger and bold so that visually impaired clientele can use your products.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. How do I set my preferences so that the floating, transparent, toolbar at the bottom of my page NEVER shows.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us for your concerns.
    I would like to let you know that kindly update to latest available version of reader by doing a Help → Check for updates.

The Floating HUD toolbar will then be docked automatically into your Top toolbar.

Let me know if that solves your concerns

Ayush Jain

12. Adobe should allow user to enlarge menu font sizes.

I often want to know what page number I’m working in, but must lean into the screen to visualize the tiny number font listed in the menu bar.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There should be an easy to find, one click toggle type button that changes the background from white to the transparency grid.
    I often work with PDFs with some amount of transparency for one reason or another, and when showing people that are not familiar with the transparency grid it gets confusing, so if I could quickly toggle the background to white that would help out a lot. Actually, being able to toggle bleed lines and such on and off would be a big help too.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Acrobat DC's Save As dialogue is horrible. Why does this product need to differentiate from a typical Save As--even from the rest of Adobe's products? I want to immediately be able to choose Desktop or Documents or whatever, and not have to click an additional "Choose a Different Folder..." button, just because my save location does not appear in the recent short list.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have spent way too much time trying to find tools I use all the time. There is nothing intuitive about the new interface. I reverted back to the old version and I'm happily finding and using the tools I need.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. new user interface is awful, please provide option to move toolbars back to top of page

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. new version is crushing still on itself
    2. unable to run in dark mode - always come back to light
    3. unable to put identity details - always come back with empty fields
    4. in general new Adobe is so ****** ***** - why you have introduced changes where old version was stable and friendly user interface?
    5. unable to disable new version
    6. I hate new version!!!!
    8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. NEW ADOBE ACROBAT USER INTERFACE NEEDS TO BE REVERTED TO SIMPLIFIED VERSION. "MAKE. IT. SIMPLE. STUPID."

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Glad I'm not alone. I'm a former Ux designer for a CAD company. The user interface is the absolute worst experience I've ever encountered. Take a hint from Blue Beam and design a ribbon, or get out of the business. Attached is just a tiny example. Extracting a page from a document, and I see TWO dialog boxes? On top of not being able to find anything related to production/markups, it's constantly freezing, and Task Manager in Windows is my only friend at that point.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. What happened to Acrobat? A perfectly good UI scrapped for a bulky, screen hogging, unfriendly experience. Did everyone lose their minds during the pandemic? It sure feels like it. I know Adobe likes to make customers re-learn all it's software with every new version but this is exceptional. Very rude. Not happy.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?