Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1499 results found

1. You should be able to "pin" tool bars of your choosing and have them automatically be in your workspace when you open a pdf.

This use to work and now does not. It is extremely frustrating.

1. There are way too many clicks involved to open up the navigation pane. I should not have to memorize shortcuts to do such a simple task.
    8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. new version is crushing still on itself
    2. unable to run in dark mode - always come back to light
    3. unable to put identity details - always come back with empty fields
    4. in general new Adobe is so ****** ***** - why you have introduced changes where old version was stable and friendly user interface?
    5. unable to disable new version
    6. I hate new version!!!!
    7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  1. How can I stop all the annoying notifications and prompts about Acrobat features?See attached example. They notifications constantly interrupt my work.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The current layout of Adobe for basic text functions is confusing and inconvenient. I wish Adobe would be kinder to their customers and improve its products instead of impeding its customers. I don't want to support Adobe but I have to. I don't want to be a *****. I am a person, not a user. I think and do. An interface does not even begin to sum up what happens as I work with Adobe and do other things. Yuck.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Go to menu in the upper left corner (3 horizontal bars) and select from there "Disable New Acrobat".

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Message from Adobe: "If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.

In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC."

I will translate this for you.

If you have software that you love and that works, that is responsive, and that is stable, please stop using it. We have something fantastic for you!

The interface is impossible to learn and understand,
    It regularly crashes,
    The scroll bars don't work,
    It regularly crashes, …

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'm really confused: every time I open a file Adobe Acrobat DC freezes for several seconds, as if it is trying to connect to the network before it can continue. This wastes a lot of time every time because it ends up freezing for 10 seconds or more. This situation is unacceptable. I bought the original product instead of using compatible shareware just to have the highest quality. I expect that when I upload a file, it will be available immediately.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Your pathetic scroll bar ruins the product. It's like you're actively trying to cripple your users. I'm looking at alternatives because I hate using Acrobat now.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The new Adobe is disaster. It is hopeless to use. It is not stable, all the times i need to close it by task menager. All the tools is not simple to find. Even to make comments to document You need to spend fiew minutes to find option. All the many was moved to reverse side, to right, when earlier was on left. All tools is hidden and hard to fine anything. All the times the program blokking changes, and ask for confirm at documents is safety.
    Wake up, You lost the clients, the concurrance is far away from You…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Once again, even though with each update we users always come here to report that the option to keep the tool panel closed is not working, in the last update 2023.006.20320 it stopped working properly again. Is it so difficult to make an interface option work as the user wants? Why is there a 'Remember current state of Tools Pane' option if it is simply ignored and the panel continues to appear every time we open the application?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please dock the toolbar to the side at all times. I do like the new toolbar, but it blocks text on the PDFs, meaning I have to take the time to pan and zoom and adjust just to read what it is blocking, it's just unnecessary. Just have it docked always. Also, I will say I'm not the biggest fan of how the thumbnails are shown, but that's a different and much less important issue. The new "floating" toolbar (that you cannot move) obstructs the documents and should just be docked to the side so you can see an unobstructed…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The toolbar on the right is a horror show! I need full screen width. I want the old version or at least the option to set it up however I feel comfortable. Not forcing this nightmare.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Probably should make it look like Abobe X which was quick and easy to use.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The feature in Menu -> Preferences -> Documents -> "Remember the current state of Tools Pane" is broken since the last update. Users wanting only the "Adobe Acrobat Reader" functionality simply do not need the "All tools" pane! Closing it repeatedly manually significantly deteriorates our productivity. I am on version 2023.003.20284 64-bit using Windows 10. How come such features were not included in your Regression Testing?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There are many reports and votes about customers not liking the new UI - me included. It is a load of rubbish.

Stop copying and pasting your garbage response to everyone and actually take note of what we are all saying.

You are basically telling people to just get used to it. If it is forced on us in future updates then I'm out, I'll be looking for alternative pdf software, and I'd encourage everyone else to do the same..

I encourage all to Report Amits' comments as inappropriate.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bring back the full file name in one of the top toolbars. Knowing the file name at a glance is extremely important, especially when working within a team and with multiple versions. With the latest version of Acrobat, I can no longer tell which file I'm working on even when I only have a single file open. The tabs don't show enough of the file name to give me that information.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I need "take a snap" tool at an easy, immediate, accessible location. Not hidden in a search box!!! this is so annoying. In the old PDF, I can just place it in the custom tool bar. The new custom tool bar is very ****** too. I can't add anything useful at all. It is full of junk tools I can't even remove.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The new Acrobat UI does not follow the "Hide Toolbars" setting from "Document Properties" > "Initial View".

Acrobat Version: 2023.003.20269
    Platform: Windows 11 22H2

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Open a PDF and then open the Document Properties dialog. Click on the "Initial View" tab, check the "Hide tool bars" option under "User Interface Options".
    2. Save the PDF and then close it. With Acrobat using the new UI model, open the PDF a second time, the "All Tools" side bar is displayed. Expected behaviour: the All Tools toolbar should not be shown as per the User Interface Option settings.
    3.…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New Interface appears to remove option to open pdfs in separate windows (as opposed to tabs), please keep this option available.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I build most of my presentation decks in Illustrator and export to PDF for Acrobat. It would be useful to have my cursor act like a red-dot laser pointer for presentations.

Now that so many meetings are remote (Zoom) it would be nice to have more robust presentation features.

PowerPoint has this feature, but I hate PowerPoint.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?