Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1500 results found

1. Each and every time I split a PDF, I must manually set the folder I want the files to save to. I should be able to set the folder path one time and Acrobat will default to that same folder next time I split a PDF. This goes for all the settings whenever splitting a PDF. It would save me time if Acrobat remembered what options I used last when splitting a file. For instance, if I split a file and used the "Use top level bookmarks" option, the next time I go to split a PDF I shouldn't have…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please turn off the annoying 'Tools Pane' & 'Task Pane,' on the right-side of the screen by default. In addition, it would be very much appreciated, if the user was given ONE, easy step/setting to enable/disable them. While I can go up to View -> Show/Hide and uncheck the Tools Pane, it only hides part of the annoying panes on the right since it's little annoying sidekick the "Task Pane" remains open. I have to hit the little arrow to hide that as well, but even then it still doesn't collapse 100% so it still takes up a little bit…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Why is there an ad for e-signatures in the tool menu. It's embarrassing that I'm being advertised to in a $200/year program. It is also breaking the UI by forcing a scroll bar in the tool menu when there was none before the ad.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please please give us an option to remove the terrible "Try Acrobat PC Pro" blue button in the tabs bar. There is already more than enough ads for it everywhere: in the tools sidebar on the right, on the home screen, etc.

This button is taking up so much space that could be used to show more tabs! I'm so used to using Adobe and I like it but I think I will switch to another reader if this button is not removed. I even tried installing an older version of acrobat (which was a pain just to find it)…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Worst UI since Acrobat Pro 11

Very glitchy and crashes when i want to measure (which is what i use for work)
    All the different symbol color changes inhibits productivity as everything is now gray scale.

Where can i go for a refund and can i be hooked up with a fresh copy of acrobat pro 11. I don't care if it's no longer supported, just let me have it so i can retain fluidity in productivity.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. the ability to actually DELETE and agreement within adobe sign is currently burried benieth 3 or 4 submenues and then an explicit search must be performed to find and agreement. THIS IS A BASIC feature that must be accessible at the agreement home page list. If you believe there is a privacy issue then let it be a popup notifying.

trying to find these features is frustrating and internet searches/support are not knowledgeable about how to accomplish.

SIMPLE FEATURE THAT MUST BE ACCESSIBLE

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Recent files list don't actually show the most recent file. I think files opened from email or API don't show in the ist ... MIA.

There have been many good ideas requested by other users but you mark them as "Resolved" instead of "Rejected". Just pointing to a style guide or help page that is incorrect is not solving anybodies problem.

We will keep creating new requests for these missing features and bugs until you listen and REALLY FIX them. Often they seem quiet trivial but are great time savers for some users. Please leave them as "Unresolved" unless you…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In Window's dark app modes, the scroll bars (vertical and horizontal) go invisible and it is extremely hard to navigate. See the attached for a comparison between the same document in dark and light modes.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out on this.
    We’ve reported this to our Engineering Team and we’ll plan to work on this in our upcoming updates.

Let me know for any further concerns here.

Thanks
    Ayush

9. was working on v.10.1.14 - it was easy to use, clean interface, didn't take pressing many buttons to do common tasks. current version a pain to use, just like MS Office, you have taken an excellent product and made it clunky and awkward, a real shame

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. All the useless popups are major distractions. Acrobat will be replaced for this reason alone.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. seriously, this is such a basic feature that's available on any type of file organizer these days.
    whenever want to move a pdf into another file in my document cloud I have to:
    1) mark said file,
    2) then click move.
    3) pick the file to move my pdf into.
    4) then press ok...

anywhere else this can be achieved in two steps, drag the pdf to the the destination file, and let go!

while I'm at it, the document cloud seems so unintuitive. Regarding saving pdfs onto the cloud, it seems like that only way for me to save…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enable users to scroll horizontally using two-finger track-pad gestures along the x-axis, similar to vertical scrolling along the y-axis.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please revert back to an older version. I hate the new DC version. I used to be able to have my frequently used toolbars readily available when I opened acrobat. Now I have to use several additional clicks to get to the tools I need. It defeats the purpose of paying for acrobat when it defaults to nothing more than a reader. I've spent considerable time looking for a setting to leave the toolbars on the side of my extremely wide screen, but they are well hidden if available at all, and I refuse to sign in to anything.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I want my old desktop downloaded 2011 version back with all of the functions intact. Paying an annual subscription for less functions and usability is garbage. We are a construction company that gets hundreds of project drawings in pdf format from owners and contractors. The new measure tool is one of my biggest complaints about the updated software. The measure tool basically has 1 function and it never works properly. If you do not have an original CAD or DWG file and the software to support it you cannot measure anything properly. I can no longer check or measure angles…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We still desperately need to be able to show the navigation bar by default. I understand that certain features of it may not be available due to settings in the PDF. I use this program to view 99% of the time and it's a real hassle clicking around every time, to show the thumbnails.

Every rudimentary viewer allows thumbnails to be shown by default and I believe previous versions of Acrobat did as well.

Please allow this navigation pane and the selected tab to be sticky.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It seems ironic that Acrobat Pro DC allows for the creation of custom toolbars, which it states can be shared with other users, when in fact there is no means currently available to share any such user enhancement. It also seems unusual that any user created toolbar is not saved to a file which the user can access so as to allow that toolbar to be instantly recreated by him/her on another machine to which s/he has access. Finally, it is also frustrating that any user-created toolbar is placed on the bottom of the list of available toolbars in the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add bookmark feature that will mark a whole section of pages in a pdf that can be extracted later as a separate document. This would allow better management of the merging and un-merging multiple pdfs into and out of a larger pdf file. This would be helpful if only one chapter in a pdf file needs to be removed, edited and then replaced.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. new user interface is awful, please provide option to move toolbars back to top of page

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Moving between document tabs: why are my page up/down, and zoom in/out features at the very bottom corner... the further possible place from where my cursor will be?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?