Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1500 results found

1. In the new layout, the quick button section is customizable, but you cannot move your added values to the top of the list. So, what good is it?? You should make it so that "I The User" can have the items in the order I want them, thereby allowing me to have the "Most" used items at the top of the list!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please make the Prepare Forms/Fields panel able to increase size side to side. I use long names for the fields and need to see them in whole. I use a wide monitor and don't need to see as much pasteboard when I work fill fields. The Comments panel can stretch side to side and I could really use that ability with the Fields panel.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The DISABLE NEW ACROBAT must be a big flashing buttton on the main start page if you ever do that again. My lawyer will sue. I nearly died. People depend on being able to do work WHEN they need to do it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Changes to the toolbar that would actually be useful — allow users to choose the positions of each button they want in the toolbar (preferably by drag & drop); give the option to show/hide labels for the buttons; provide for at least 2 rows of quick tools, and for small and large buttons. Allow the user to decide where the thumbnail and bookmark panes are positioned — left, right, or even below then document pane. I hope the new Acrobat Pro changes to these features are short-lived — they are going the wrong direction.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In the right side panel, Acrobat shows current and total page numbers. While holding the scroll bar and moving through a document, it is very helpful to see the current page number. This was the behavior in past versions of Acrobat. Currently, the page number field only updates when the scroll bar is released, leading to a guessing game when trying to scrub to a specific page.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please put the pages thumbnails back on the left side..

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. You are referred to the American Society for Indexing Digital Publications Special Interest Group – Embedded Indexing Resources.
    Embedded Indexing Resources – Digital Publications Indexing (digital-publications-indexing.org)
    See the Hyperlinks Report under Compatibility observations.
    The request is for ranges and range names to be accessible from Acrobat readers enabling users to create hyperlinks to named ranges.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. This must be a bug! If I have to close All Tools EVERY TIME I OPEN A NEW PDF the rest of my life, I WILL GO INSANE. You HAVE to allow us to hide this if we don't want it, it covers so much of my screen and is SO UNNECESSARY. You must hate your customers :( Or if this option is in preferences and I didn't see it, please tell me, and you'll have my thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow users to remove these buttons as they take up quite a lot of space. ADOBE continues to worsen the user experience using this PAID app, by forcing icons in valuable real-estate.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It should be clear with the countless posts of users wanting the default to be the Hand Tool and others wanting the default to be the Selection Tool.

In both cases, there has been countless work arounds and fixes to make it work one way or another. Since this latest update none of the fixes appear to be working now and it seems everyone is forced into having Selection as the default.

Simple feature request - have a Preference setting to select your default tool - Hand/Pan or Arrow/Select.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please make some way of locating the file of the currently open PDF.

Maybe right clicking the tab and selecting "open file location" or something. It's literally impossible to figure out where your current open file is located and is quite aggravating.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. My adobe acrobat pro is paid by a company who requires me to write a report for them (paid per document) while my adobe photography plan is personal subscription.

It's not easy to switch between accounts in Photoshop but worse in Adobe Acrobat. If you are currently login with your other account. the options are only: "Buy, Try for free, or Quit." Why there isn't "sign in with different account" or at least an option to sign out>> sign-in as in Photoshop welcome page?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The Main screan for Adobe Cloud needs a dark mode its 2020

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please add a "night mode" option in acrobat reader and acrobat pro for Mac OS, similar to the "night mode" in acrobat reader iOS app.

The workaround to change text and background colours in the accessibility preferences does not work for scanned documents.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Posibility to view more than two pages at one view. MS Word style zoom-out.
    Described alredy here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Acrobat/Page-display-Multiple-page-view-more-than-2/td-p/9790338

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Giving administrators full system access just to be able to delete a user is not practical. if an admin user is able to create a user, assign products and remove products for the user then logically they should also be able to delete the user from the console if the user is terminated, to keep the management console clean otherwise you will end up with hundreds of terminated users with no products assigned, this does not seem logical.

Case ID: E-000053710  Needs Your Response | Do Not Delete:0871000336819

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ax the leadership that thought it would be a good idea to change a well established tool causing myself and so many others so much frustration and wasted time that I am motivate to post this nasty-gram.

Please publish a public statement and apology for making such a brash and disruptive change. I would be happy to personally berate the troglodyte(s) responsible for this offence personally!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When in Full Screen, the default setting is Single Page View. There is no way to change this in Full Screen. You can change it to, say, "Enable Scrolling" before entering full screen, but once you enter full screen it will revert back to the default. Please enable a way for the user to change the default Full Screen, Page View to their personal preferences in settings.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Search for text across a number of PDFs together without combining them, needed for searching bank statements for a whole year or similar. Acrobat DC 2019.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?