Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

692 results found

1. Highlighting is the main reason why I use pdfs. The main method that I use is selecting the text through hold left click and drag followed by right click and highlight. Usually the page is zoomed so that I can read the text. In a two-column journal, it is often the case that I want to highlight text from one column [bottom] to the other [top] but because the page is zoomed in, the page has to autoscroll back to the top - the speed which this happens is very slow.

Solution:
    Please consider enabling selected text [hold left click]…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Since upgrading my iMac to MAC OS 10.13 Adobe Acrobat DC has become horribly unstable. It crashes constantly, but inconsistently. Sometimes it crashes when it's just open and sitting in the background. Sometimes it crashes when I'm attempting to open a PDF. It crashes regularly when I'm attempting to edit a PDF into a form. I don't get any on screen feedback except the dialog boxes asking if I want to report the "unexpected quit" to Apple, and then Adobe. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat DC. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The "Find" Pop-up on the right-upper corner obstructs document viewing and it's very annoying. Whenever I need to see what's behind that pop-up, I need to esc to close the pop-up and Cmd+F again to commence with search.

I'm using the Mac OS version of Acrobat DC.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It is very easy to add buttons to left Navigation pane. However, you cannot remove individual buttons.

The only option is to Reset the pane returning the three original buttons (thumbnails, bookmarks, attachments).

It seems there should be a way to remove individual buttons at will (not just reset).

Thank you

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please give the ability to open the Organize Pages Window Pane with a keyboard shortcut command (or the ability for a user to make one). It's an implementation that would have a huge impact on the everyday workflow of our buisness.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Why the are you interrupting my workflow with fing pop ups that not only have I NO INTEREST in whatsoever and they've just crashed the fing application. Stop trying to push me in the direction of the cloud - if I wanted to go there I would sort it out myself. And I don't want you 'reaching out' to me. Just turn it off by default.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Get rid of the blue help screen tips (or at least allow users to stop them)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please allow diable of the HOME/TOOLS startup screen. I have disabled it in the preferences and it is still there on launch. This is a very unprofessional looking feature and is extremely annoying to professional users like me.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The UI for Acrobat Pro DC is absolutely horrible and non-intuitive. It actually takes me longer to do everything because I have to click into multiple areas on the screen instead of just the sidebar (e.g., to recognize text, I now have to mouse into the side bar, then move to the upper bar).

That also assumes I can find where the feature/tool now resides. I have to constantly search for it.

The Save As dialog breaks Windows user training and muscle memory because the big blue button is not “Save” or “okay” as expected. It is “Choose a Different…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please stop forcing your obnoxious self-promotional popups in our faces like the "Share files with others." If I want to share files with others I will email the file to them, not use your data mining cloud.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Adobe, please give users the option to permanently hide the Navigation Pane. I have to click the arrow on every single doc I open in order to hide it! Give me a simple option to disable that stupid pane. Do a google search on this and you'll find countless users asking for the same thing...since the last 5 years. Fix it already!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There should be an easy to find, one click toggle type button that changes the background from white to the transparency grid.
    I often work with PDFs with some amount of transparency for one reason or another, and when showing people that are not familiar with the transparency grid it gets confusing, so if I could quickly toggle the background to white that would help out a lot. Actually, being able to toggle bleed lines and such on and off would be a big help too.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add to the preferences an option to turn off all tool-tips and tricks pop-pops. it's gotten so bad that I've canceled my personal subscription to adobe but still have to suffer through it for work. Also, fire your marketing team for ever coming up with this stupid idea.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Why is there an ad for e-signatures in the tool menu. It's embarrassing that I'm being advertised to in a $200/year program. It is also breaking the UI by forcing a scroll bar in the tool menu when there was none before the ad.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please give users a way to disable contextual tips. This disrupts my work and it's irritating. I got a new iMac last year and did a clean install of the Adobe apps I use via the Creative Cloud app. Contextual tips have never stopped popping up.

Please make this stop. Please. Please. Please.

See the attached screen shot for the one that disrupts me most often.

Yes, I've searched your forums and posted about this repeatedly. Now I'm doing so via the Feedback feature in the app.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please please give us an option to remove the terrible "Try Acrobat PC Pro" blue button in the tabs bar. There is already more than enough ads for it everywhere: in the tools sidebar on the right, on the home screen, etc.

This button is taking up so much space that could be used to show more tabs! I'm so used to using Adobe and I like it but I think I will switch to another reader if this button is not removed. I even tried installing an older version of acrobat (which was a pain just to find it)…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When I unselect the Show Home Screen preference... actually STOP showing me the **** Home Screen.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Recent files list don't actually show the most recent file. I think files opened from email or API don't show in the ist ... MIA.

There have been many good ideas requested by other users but you mark them as "Resolved" instead of "Rejected". Just pointing to a style guide or help page that is incorrect is not solving anybodies problem.

We will keep creating new requests for these missing features and bugs until you listen and REALLY FIX them. Often they seem quiet trivial but are great time savers for some users. Please leave them as "Unresolved" unless you…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Return the Acrobat interface to something professional, similar to InDesign, Photoshop, etc, instead of the childish and dysfunctional mess.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a right-click menu option (context menu) on the .pdf's Tab to offer the option to Copy the full path and filename into the Copy/Paste Buffer. This would be identical in behavior to Windows 10 Explorer's Shift-Right-Click on a file, and get the option: Copy as Path.

This is a user convenience I've become well-accustomed to and use it in many ways during the day, my co-workers do also.

Also, to do the same thing from the Document Properties, Description Sheet, make the File and the Location also able to highlight and copy for the same buffer. It saves having…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?