Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cannot set select tool as default instead of hand tool

I'm trying to make the select tool the default when Acrobat opens instead of the hand tool.

I was running Acrobat DC fine with the select tool as the default on Windows 7. I just got a new computer with Windows 10 and now I'm having trouble. Same version of Acrobat, just a new operating system.

I've tried almost everything mentioned in this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2179758

The one thing I couldn't try was the scrubbing tool, because I have Creative Cloud. I did uninstall and reinstall Acrobat. It didn't work. Then I tried the "Repair Installation" option in the Acrobat help…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shortcut to Refresh/Reload PDF while working with LaTeX

Brief title for your desired feature: Refresh/Reload PDF

How would you like the feature to work? A keyboard shortcut or button that reloads the PDF currently being viewed.

Why is this feature important to you? I work with LaTeX a lot and the Acrobat Reader is the best PDF reader out there, but I frequently recompile a document and always have to close and reopen it to get the latest version. This is a hassle that could be made easy with a simple keyboard shortcut.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow user to enlarge menu fonts

Adobe should allow user to enlarge menu font sizes.

I often want to know what page number I’m working in, but must lean into the screen to visualize the tiny number font listed in the menu bar.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Browser PDF Hyperlinks with the ability to choose an option to open the link in a new browser window.

When you open a PDF in a browser, and there are hyperlinks in that PDF, when you click on a hyperlinks, it opens in the same window. Is there a way to force it to open a new window? Is there an option or button that one can click that will allow this to happen?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bookmark a whole section of pages

Add bookmark feature that will mark a whole section of pages in a pdf that can be extracted later as a separate document. This would allow better management of the merging and un-merging multiple pdfs into and out of a larger pdf file. This would be helpful if only one chapter in a pdf file needs to be removed, edited and then replaced.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to search a number of PDFs together without combining them, needed for searching bank statements for a whole year

Search for text across a number of PDFs together without combining them, needed for searching bank statements for a whole year or similar. Acrobat DC 2019.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. STOP THE SHARE FILES WITH OTHERS POPOP

Please stop forcing your obnoxious self-promotional popups in our faces like the "Share files with others." If I want to share files with others I will email the file to them, not use your data mining cloud.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option to Hide Bookmarks Panel for all PDFs

Using: Acrobat Pro DC

Request: Ability to set a global setting that hides the bookmarks panel whenever a new PDF is opened, as opposed to having to navigate to the initial view settings for each file and then save it.

Reason: I open a lot of PDF files from emails, as I'm sure thousands of other people do, with no intention of saving it in that instance. Or files from the internet, again with no intention of saving it. This is to VIEW the file and find content relevant to the task in hand. Having the bookmarks panel occupy a…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cursor not accessibility friendly for visually impaired

I am visually impaired and have implemented the Windows accessibility features that allow me to make my mouse pointer dark, inverted and larger, so that I can more easily locate the cursor on the page. However in Adobe Acrobat DC, your default cursor does not allow this Windows feature to carry over. Honestly it is terrible and should really be fixed to be at least darker, larger and bold so that visually impaired clientele can use your products.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Floating tool bar

How do I set my preferences so that the floating, transparent, toolbar at the bottom of my page NEVER shows.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us for your concerns.
    I would like to let you know that kindly update to latest available version of reader by doing a Help → Check for updates.

The Floating HUD toolbar will then be docked automatically into your Top toolbar.

Let me know if that solves your concerns

Ayush Jain

11. A magnifying glass to the tool bar to enlarge a specific area of PDF would be nice.

Please add a magnifying glass to the tool bar to enlarge a specific area of PDF would be nice.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for Reaching out to us.
    I would request you to kindly add the Loupe tool in your main toolbar. thats how you can do that

1) launch any pdf and right click on the main toolbar
    2) select “Show Select and zoom Tool” and click on “Loupe Tool”
    3) click on the loupe tool icon added to the toolbar and then click on any area in the pdf

Now you can see an enlarged view of a specific area in a pdf in a separate window

Let me know if that solves your concerns

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

12. Fullscreen misbehaving, Mac

I'm not sure if this is an issue with Mac (OS X El Capitan, 10.11.6) or Acrobat (Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, 2018.009.20044), but if i put Adobe Acrobat Pro is in fullscreen mode it will occasionally pop out of it and appear in the current view. I have not been able to recreate the issue in an accurate way, but I've mostly noticed it whilst chrome is loading pages in a new tab, but it's also happened with other programs like the finder. If I'm viewing another program in fullscreen mode when it happens Acrobat appears infront, blocking my view.…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a button or menu option to set Adobe Acrobat to reopen all documents opened in a previous session.

Add a button or menu option to set Adobe Acrobat to reopen all documents opened in a previous session.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

If your Previous session had any PDF’s launched when it was last Closed, then there is a Menu item Under File→ Reopen PDFs from Last Session which will open the pdfs that were launched in your previous session before closing.

Attaching a snapshot to help you with.

Also there is a Preference unde Edit→Preferences→General which ould automatically open the PDFs from the last sesssion as you Open the Acrobat / Reader application. Here is more info on that : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new.html#PreferencetoreopenPDFsfromthelastAcrobatsession

Hope this resolves your concern ?

-Ayush Jain

14. Turn off floating toolbar

The Top Toolbars can be turned on and off using F8 and F9, but how do I turn off the pop-up floating toolbar. I don't need two copies of the toolbar on screen

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Restore the Open File button to the Tool Bar.

I was just "upgraded" to the new Adobe version. Please restore the Open file button. Dumbest idea ever to remove it and create extra clicks in order to open a file.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Acrobat DC toolbutton appears as black square until you minimize/restore the Application window

Use 'Open' to add an Enfocus PitStop toolset. It appears in the right-side ribbon with the 'Active' icon. Click on this icon => it changes into a black square.
    When using 'Add' to add the same toolset, it appears using the 'Inactive' icon, clicking it makes it Active but it is not showing the 'Active' icon.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Problem with spacers and commands showing on the the toolbar.

There is a new problem with the toolbar, whereby page controls that were previously present are now hidden. The file tools occupy the same amount of space regardless of how many commands are contained within that space. Please fix this bug. Commands like 'fit one full page to a window' are no longer visible unless you un-dock the page controls from the toolbar.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I hate everything about the acrobat pro DC menus

So far I hate everything about the acrobat pro DC menus and it has been 2 years, I keep hoping for an update backward for the old menu.
    Changing the way pdf are managed and adding additional features, is great but why would you change menus commands and locations.
    We are all using computers not tablets, and the so called lighter theme sucks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Permanently hide Navigation Pane

Adobe, please give users the option to permanently hide the Navigation Pane. I have to click the arrow on every single doc I open in order to hide it! Give me a simple option to disable that stupid pane. Do a google search on this and you'll find countless users asking for the same thing...since the last 5 years. Fix it already!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Tab Management

I'm constantly in and out of Acrobat.
    I would love to be able to right click and either close all tabs or close all tabs to the right without closing Acrobat. I jump from job to job and each has its own handful of PDFs to view. When I'm done with a job, I have to either manually close each tab or close the whole window and select close all tabs. Then immediately after, I have to open more and wait for Acrobat to start up again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base