Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1500 results found

1. The new install of Adobe DC is terrible. There was no reason to change the user interface and make the program so MAC Like.

The changes to the interface are causing our agency to incur tremendous down time and loss of productivity. Nothing about the new user interface is intuitive or helpful!

Is there any way to reinitiate the older menu driven interface? We can not even utilize the certificate signing that was used regularly with the previous version of Adobe Acrobat.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. It is extremely hard to find things. Just as an example, I struggled with as simple a task as printing. It is not at all obvious to find the print button. No other application I use makes this as difficult as your new UI.
    2. This may either be another example of point 1, or the function is missing. Where is the button to display info about the application? The "About Acrobat" button? I can't find it.
    3. The application wastes massive amounts of my screen space. Stick to the purpose of the application and just display the document. I don't need…
    35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When the system setting on macOS for "Show scroll bars" is set to "Always", Adobe Acrobat does not honor this setting.

If you toggle the setting in macOS system settings to another option and then back to "Always", the scroll bar shows up.

If you close the PDF or Acrobat, or open a different PDF, the scroll bar disappears.

The scrollbar should always be present on all PDF's when this setting is checked in the macOS System Settings, OR an option should be available in the Adobe Acrobat preferences with similar functionality.

Architecture: arm64
    Processor: Apple M1
    Build: 23.6.20320.0
    AGM:…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Go back to the old layout appearance as this new one sucks. You have taken what once just lived in the old file menu bar, hen taken it and shifted repeatable functionalities to the right hand side bar in the previous "new layout", but this "new simplified" layout takes that and now gives you two side bars and almost no functional "settings" adjustments you can make all from one place. You have decentralized all the settings, options, and tools thus making it look more sparse but in actuality making it less simplified.

Do better.

Don't change the appearance and functionalities…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The floating toolbar seems purposed for newer users. It would be helpful if the following was done with the floating toolbar.
    - Enable the toolbar to be transparent
    - Allow the toolbar to be docked on the right panel
    - Enable the toolbar to automatically minimize when not in use
    - Allow users to remove the default tools

A few features that are quite nice about the toolbar:
    - Contextual menus are immediately activated and brought into view once a tool is selected
    - Various related tools can be pinned to the floating toolbar
    - The toolbar can be moved…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We have many attachments to each of our PDF files. It would be really great if the attached files could be organized by folder of category and not alphabetically. Please see attachment for an example.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The new layout is terrible. It is not intuitive and the old layout was significantly better.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The new version is horrible. Definitely was not created to save time, but to waste it instead. I have wasted so much time in the last couple of days trying to find workarounds to the options that are now gone! What happened to "Undo"? Now if a mistake is made, the whole document has to be deleted and started over. Also, the "fill in forms fields" doesn't stay open so when a document needs several marks, it has to be re-opened every time, which is annoying. And don't get me started on documents that you have to enable editing! None…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Yeah, so you know those "helpful" tips that pop up in little blue boxes when you start the program? Those are annoying. There is nothing in Adobe Acrobat that is not too straightforward to understand, and I do not need help using the program. Please add an option to disable these.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The new UI that was forced upon us is not the most efficient layout for everyone. Therefore, we need the ability to be able to customize access to what tools we use most often. Most of the ones I currently use take multiple clicks to get to and through this, costs me time and frustration. It seems from reading other comments that I am not alone in this viewpoint.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Put it back the way it was. Changing the way it looks does not help and makes it harder to use. I am wasting my time looking for stuff. This new interface sucks.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I genuinely am not enjoying the new UI on Adobe. It is clunky, time-consuming, not intuitive, and really quite difficult to navigate. I know it's new, but I've been using it for weeks now and really am struggling with it.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It is extremely frustrating that the scroll bars are missing on the September 2023 release of Acrobat DC - they re-appear on a mouse click, but do not respond to Wacom pen. So to scroll through a PDF, the pen has to be put aside. This is slowing down my work considerably, and there has been a lot of frustration expressed in the Adobe Support Community, especially among Wacom users. This is not a behaviour that we can be expected to "get used to" or "love", as it has not been designed with the user in mind.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please keep the classic look of Adobe Acrobat Pro. The new, bare bones look is very unattractive and not user friendly at all.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Roll back your update and don't make us use this awful, unintuitive, garbage new user interface. It is horrible, you have done an awful job of soliciting average user feedback.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This new interface update is terrible! I was great before! how can I return to previous version??

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The Top Toolbars can be turned on and off using F8 and F9, but how do I turn off the pop-up floating toolbar. I don't need two copies of the toolbar on screen

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have been using Acrobat for many years, and have mainly rolled with the punches when it came to updates to the user interface. I am sorry, but with this latest update I can no longer sit idly by and suffer through it. If there is any way you could allow your users to continue using the old user interface, I would be eternally grateful. I am trying to be productive at work, and do not have the time to re-figure out how to do everything on a program I am very adept at using. Thank God I just finished…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The new update seems to be SO SLOW and crashed on me twice.
    I was unable to figure out how to employ the delete-an-item function in "Edit" (by dragging over a section and clicking delete) in the new format and switched back to the previous format to be able to do this. Super annoyed.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. One moment, I was using Acrobat to review and edit page proofs for a medical journal I handle and the next moment all my customization was gone! No toolbars, nothing I need to do my job. All gone! Additionally, the new layout is HUGE and unwieldy. I want to be able to sort through several PDFs to compare pages and revisions. Now, I have one page taking up the middle of my screen and this giant blank workspace all around it. Where did everything go? Why did Adobe completely change everything after years of a familiar, but ever updating application?…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?