Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1500 results found

1. I recreate a new post instead commenting last one, just to make sure it was taken as important it’s supposed to be, as a critical issue!
 Hoping you could create another hot fix for this major problem. 
We are now on macOS Sonoma 14.2.1 and Acrobat Pro version 2023.008.20458. 

1: when we use Text tool and select a text to modify all the page became white and we cannot see anything.
    2:There is also another problem when we scroll the pages, everything become white also.
    3: We are no longer even able to check the preflight result, blank pages…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. App keeps crashing please sort this out!!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have a PDF document created from a Latex file, rendered via xelatex/MikTex. The document contains several section bookmarks as well as internal hyperlinks (hyperref package) to some of those bookmarks.

When I open the PDF in Acrobat Reader (on Windows 10, Vers 2023.008.20458) and i click on one of those hyperlinks, Acrobat crashes instantly. However if I click on one of the bookmarks (regardless if linked or not) in the "Bookmarks"-sidepanel (acrobat scrolls to the bookmark then) and AFTER THAT scroll back and click on the same hyperlink, it works without issues.

Opening the same PDF in Firefox or…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I use acrobat, I often need to navigate in the menu with all the tools so it is conviennent for me to have this menu open all the time. But the new menu is taking to much space in my screen, I wish I can see (maybe has an option) only the icons. There was a option like this in the previous interface. (picture 1 = the menu that I speak of)

I try to put all the function that I used in those tools in my «tool bar» but it become way too big for function that I…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. They used to be near each other at the top, now some are on the right side and some on the top. (?!?) How about a Settings option so users can position them where they're convenient?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Reopen closed PDFs (pop-up)
    Acrobat closed abruptly. You can restore the PDFs you had open.

It closed abruptly because I clicked the (X) in the top right of the application to close the app., while it was apparently doing some other function and not paying attention to the GUI.
    There seems to be too much extra communication and file parsing happening, when I only want to OPEN the PDF.
    How can I remove this "feature", so that the application responds to me, rather than attempting to determine what I want ?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Acrobat is so buggy and should be rewriten. The cache always fills up when doing CTRL F in a document and stops working. It constantly crashes when viewing multiple 200 mb documents at once or long books.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I think having cut and paste icons in a toolbar is necessary. I don't want to use keyboard shortcuts all the time because of the wear and tear to my keboard over time. Also, how does one have a bates numbering shortcut in the toolbar and not cut and paste? How is that more frequently used by more people than cut and paste? How many users do not need a cut and paste button?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The concept of jamming application controls in the title bar is useless and has reduced the grabbable title area on my 1080p screen to a few pixels. Your hamburger menu is also less than usable on a full sized monitor, give us back a functional interface please.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi there! In Acrobat, the rulers used to change size based on the Custom Resolution setting. I'm not sure when this broke, but it's not working anymore. Now when you change the Custom Resolution setting, the ruler stays the same size and does not measure accurately, compared to the Measure tool which does measure accurately.

For an example, see the screenshot. In Preferences / Page Display / Resolution, the system setting is 111, but if I change it to 130 so that pages display larger at 100% resolution, the size of the ruler does not change. When I use the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please provide a Preferences setting to choose the application window a style at startup i.e. Minimised, Normal, Maximised, Remember Last, .
    On my system (Windows 11 22H2) Acrobat x64 ALWAYS starts Maximised which I find very irritating as I use a large screen. Any setting in the Application Shortcut Properties (Run: ) is ignored. This should also be fixed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It's really inconvenient to have the EXIT PREVIEW button on the exact opposite corner of the screen from where you first click to go into the Preview mode. It's a waste of time and energy to have to move the cursor all the way across the screen when you're going in and out of Preview mode all the time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This was an issue in past Adobe Reader programs where you had to go through option menus to permanently hide the side Tool bar (currently the one that pops up on the left), but there were workable solutions to fix this.

With the latest Adobe Reader update 20360 the tool bar has returned. I tried the old way to remove it by selecting in the preferences to "Remember Current State of Tools Pane". Unfortunately this is not working this time.

How can users permanently remove this?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When I have many PDF documents open and in full screen mode, it has become difficult to impossible to access the tabs, due to the hidden menu bar expanding down and getting in the way.

The menu bar starts coming down even before the cursor can reach the intended tab when you want to select or close a tab. It then causes many unintended selections from the menu bar.

MacOS Sonoma 14.0 - Macbook Pro M1 2021.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When running Windows 11 23H2, and the Taskbar is set to "Never combine buttons", and Acrobat Pro is configured to use Tabs, it initially exhibits the correct behavior of having only one icon/button in the Taskbar. However, when switching Desktop Spaces to another desktop, and then back to the desktop where I'm running Acrobat, suddenly Acrobat has created multiple buttons on the Taskbar for every tab I have open in Acrobat. This is clearly a bug, and additionally none of the new buttons that it created do anything -- I click on them, but it does not take me to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would like to retain the ability to disable tabs, so that each file opens in a new window. It's so important in my job, I want all the pdf view in each separate window. I really hate the new version who don't be able to disable the tabs, all pdf are in a same window, it's so annoying and non productive. Bring back the option for giving the possibility to separate tab in many window for people like me who NEEDS in many windows.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The new version of Acrobat moves tools to the left and navigation tools to the right without giving an option for users to customize the location. Having page navigation on the right is unergonomic because the natural reading order is left to right, and people click bookmark titles and page numbers before reading the page content. In books, the table of contents comes before the main content of the book, and you flip rightwards after choosing a chapter to read.

With navigation on the left, the tools would be on the right-hand side in the new version. This makes intuitive…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Since most common thing people do in this program is to Open files, that "Open" command should be always easy to get to, instead it's hidden within Menu you have to click to get to it

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. After the new update my Adobe Acrobat is extremely slow and lagging sometimes to the point of the program crashing, , bring back the old design! The new one is not more convenient the extra features are cumbersome and in the way. I pay for Adobe Acrobat for a stream lined pdf viewing experience not to wait 3 minutes when I load up a pdf for all my comments to crash the software.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. What happend to the page information at the bottom of a document with the size.
    The box in the preferences is on, but it does not work.
    Not only on my computer but on all the computers we work with.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?