Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Acrobat and Apple Mission Control drag and drop

If Acrobat is open, and you use hot corners in Apple Mission Control for "Show Desktop", icons on the desktop are not selectable. If Acrobat is closes, normal Mission Control behaviour resumes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Movable zero zero point in Acrobat

Just like it says in title. All other Adobe products have it. Why not Acrobat?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. As everyone has said, the tools and overall layout is a nightmare.

Why cant I zoom out of the default oversize document? Whose grandmother set these defaults?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Toolbar icons keep changing/moving/disappearing

Step back in functionality and hugely annoying--icons take up too much room, and seem to move/float around. I just had to add the "view one page" and "view full width" icons (side by side, BTW) to my toolbar, when they had been there just a few days ago.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Zoom Percentage field/tool is missing from toolbar.

In Acrobat DC, when viewing in untabbed mode, the part of the toolbar that shows the current zoom level and allows the user to type in the desired zoom percentage is missing. It appears on the floating/vanishing toolbar when page controls are moved out of toolbar, but not on the main toolbar.

Please add this feature back to the toolbar. Using tabbed viewing is NOT a solution. This should have never been removed in the first place. Let me repeat, having to use tabbed viewing is NOT a solution.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 'Recently opened files' list is always empty at startup

The latest version of Acrobat (2019.021.20048) no longer keeps my recently opened files. This list is emptied each time I close the application.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Find open PDF in Finder

There was a way to find an open PDF in the Mac finder by using the control or option key. That function has been lost.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Home Tab interface

In the Home tab there should be the following main tools listed:
    - Open (Document)
    - Create PDF
    - Combine files

Those are what we use the most.

My Home is showing Organize Pages, Fill & Sign, and Protect.I don't use those.

Or, you can add the tools bar to the Home so I don't have to switch to the tools tab.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sharing files with non CC users is annoying. They cannot see the files in a list view. They cannot 'download All'.

Sharing files with non CC users is annoying. They cannot see the files in a list view. They cannot 'download All'.

I propose there is a 'Download All' button and various ways to view the files online ie. List View. Because currently, file names are cut off and you cannot see the complete title.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Close all PDF's in File Menu

Strange but nor Acrobat Pro DC, nor Reader don't have "close all files" menu.

Yes, we can use it this script - https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/creating-close-all-docs-menu-item , but we can't use it with script shortcuts as CTRL+SHIFT+F4 or CTRL+ALT+W

That's annoying!

Please re-add close all files feature in "File" menu!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. adobe pro 2017 not opening pdfs on macos mojave 10.14.6

When I click on any PDF it will not open. I have tried multiple documents. Adobe software is up to date.

I am on a mac using MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

Adobe Pro 2017 is my software and info is below:
    Architecture: x86_64
    Build: 17.11.30144.342517
    AGM: 4.30.89
    CoolType: 5.14.5
    JP2K: 1.2.2.44103

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Revert back to the classic UI. This is hands down the WORST version of Acrobat ever!

Ax the leadership that thought it would be a good idea to change a well established tool causing myself and so many others so much frustration and wasted time that I am motivate to post this nasty-gram.

Please publish a public statement and apology for making such a brash and disruptive change. I would be happy to personally berate the troglodyte(s) responsible for this offence personally!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Comments are slipping when opening a single comment

If I double-click on a comment it rises in the height (because of the post-button). Sometimes it rises also without double clicking, just on one click! If I click on the next comment the comment before shrinks and the current comment rises. So the complete list AND the current comment slips up. So if I have al list of 1000 comments and copy every comment-text to paste it in InDesign, my eyes and my brain gets tired of the constant comment-slipping. It's also hard to orientate if I switch between InDesign and Acrobat. Especially if the comment panels just shows…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Zoom Value display

Please, please can we have the option to show the Zoom Value (percentage) on the main toolbar. I can't use the 'out of toolbar' display as it disappears, and can't keep taking the mouse down to show the disappearing toolbar every time I want to know what zoom value I'm at.

Thanks
    Mike

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Option to turn off whole word selection

When selecting text in Acrobat (for applying a comment or other markup), Acrobat selects whole words (unless you are being particularly careful). It would be good to have the option to turn this off so that we can easily select partial words, starting in the middle of one word and ending in the middle of another.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Customize "Save as" locations

When I go to Save As PDF, I would like to be able to add my own frequently-used folders, even if they were not used recently. Maybe add them on the left side of the window? I save 99% of my PDF's to sub-folders in one of two master folders, so adding shortcuts to the two master folders on the Save As screen would be helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. On a 4K display used with a smaller logic definition, Acrobat Pro DC mistakes when displaying at actual size

When I specify in the Acrobat DC Preferences a HiDPI definition (163 dpi for a 27" 4K monitor) and when the OSX Mojave is adjusted on a logic definition of 2560x1440 pix, Acrobat mistakes at displaying actual size of PDF: the application displays documents as if the definition was lower. As a consequence the documents on screen appear bigger than they should.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Take creative cloud link out of Acrobat bottom right window

Please take out the creative cloud link in the bottom right window. Every time I try to resize a window from the bottom right or roll over to the scroll bar it clicks the link. I do know what my plan is and do not need to link to it every time I use acrobat. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The Acrobat DC “save as PDF” interface has been scrambled

My computer system is MacOS 10.14.4, Acrobat version is DC (2019.020.20099). After adding fonts to macOS FontBook, the Acrobat DC “save as PDF” interface has been scrambled.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue to us. Can you please provide some more details :

1. What font did you add via macOS font book?
    2. Do you see this scrambled interface only on save dialog? Can you please go to Home / My computer/ Document Cloud/ Add an Account section on the left hand rail and let us know if you observe the same issue on these screens.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

20. preferences should open in a tab and be searchable

preferences window is old and rusty. the fun part is when I select a category from left the window resizes and sometimes I have to move it to see the hidden settings out of the screen portion. it reminds me of the old apps in late 90s! you have to update it to open in a tab like internet browsers and be searchable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base