Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1500 results found

1. Literally everything is in a new place and I can't find anything. The stuff i need to look at the most is now way over on the side of my screen instead of being in the center. The icons have been redesigned and now i have to mouseover things to know what they are. Stuff i need is hidden away in corners. Completely un-intuitive. No way to adjust layout. It's taking me longer to do what i need and now i have to complain about it to you too.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Why do companies feel the need to constantly "improve" on the lay-out and appearance of an applicaiton that works great? I've noticed that many companies are changing the lay-out, appearance or style of their products. Adobe Reader recently underwent a change. Much of the same products are there, just moved to different locations on the page, making for 1) another learning curve 2) frustration as to why things changed. Don't "fix" what wasn't broken.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Regardless of if the option is checked or not, when opening a file the tools pane is open.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. So far I hate everything about the acrobat pro DC menus and it has been 2 years, I keep hoping for an update backward for the old menu.
    Changing the way pdf are managed and adding additional features, is great but why would you change menus commands and locations.
    We are all using computers not tablets, and the so called lighter theme sucks.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It's pointless to customize and 'show' tool icons in the toolbar, because those tools that I want and use are hidden under the 3 dots. And that happens because Home, Tools, Document, and My Account is stuck permanently and uselessly in the toolbar.

I have set the program to open multiple files in separate windows, so I don't need the Document tab. The Tools sidebar can be opened by clicking in the margin at the edge of the window, so I don't need that. And if users need to open and close files within the program (can't understand why), then…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I cannot permanently close the tool pane. There is no "Open Tools Pane for Each Document" option to turn off in Edit >> Preferences >> Documents. When I manually close the tool pane with a document open, close the document and reopen it, the tool pane doesn't "stick" closed. It's open again. I am rarely, if ever, going to use anything in the tool pane. It's large and annoying. I don't want to see it every time I open a document. How do I get the tool pane to go away without having to manually close it with every document…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Option to use old interface. New layout is not user friendly and is slowing my production down.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Your new interface update is horrible. I understand the need for simplification the attempt to make things easier for the end user, but not every one has the same needs. I don't NEED a tool bar that I can't get rid of or at least customize for my needs. I need a program that will give me the option to select and de-select the functions I use on a daily basis. I don't care about e-sign, but I would like to have an icon to organize pages with out having to go through two or three menus.

Yes you made…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Really, change it back to the old version and demote the team that thought this was a good idea.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The new interface is making my work speed slow. It not convenient to search all the edit. The change was very big, and i would like adobe to incorporate to the older version.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Change it back! These new versions are filled with bugs and inconsistencies, leaving the user experience LESS than ideal

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I detest this radical change in your user interface for Acrobat. You have destroyed a good product that I use dozens of time a day. There is zero benefit for me from the messed up interface and all manner of difficulty.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Revert to previous edition - this is sluggish & cumbersome - bloatware at it's worst - does nothing whatsoever to enhance the product - a jobsworth production

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I have decided to post this as a new idea just to highlight how HIDEOUS the new design is on the desktop. If this design on the desktop continues to 1 January 2024 the new year, I will change the default pdf reader on all PCs in my organisation to a competitor.
    What kind of nonsensically non-inclusive design is this???? The work of laziness?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. New adobe is just horrible! Not user friendly whatsoever, too many clicks, cant sign or edit text simply like I used to. I used to love it , now it's become a hassle! Why would you do this?! I rather use an online bootleg version. I most likely will end my subscription- it's not worth the trouble. I work efficiently, and this update has done the opposite to my work. I simply don't have time, now that you guys have made it more complicated!!

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Swapping the bookmarks pane and the tools pane is a stupid idea with no benefit for your users. Please go back to the old interface. If I have to use a new one I might as well just view documents in the browser and stop using Acrobat.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The new toolbar is too big, when I make it the smaller version it's blocking some of the type on the pages. The old space where this was is literally empty on the right side next to the scroll.
    Change it back PLEASE

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I was able to figure out how to get back to the more natual and organic user interface by going Menu and then selecting "Disable New Acrobat" for anyone having issues with the bad UI.
    Acrobat please ensure that users will have the ability to customize their ribbons to look like the image I have attached.
    I need to be able to remove the floating tool bar like I have done in the attached image I like a clean document field without floating tool bars that I don't need there. Also please keep the menu ribbon on the top and…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. New Acrobat UI no longer has the option to open to open multiple files in separate windows and defaults to multiple files as tabs in one window. I found the option of great use with older versions. Please bring back this option.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 15 votes

We're glad you're here