Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1525 results found

1. Swapping the bookmarks pane and the tools pane is a stupid idea with no benefit for your users. Please go back to the old interface. If I have to use a new one I might as well just view documents in the browser and stop using Acrobat.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The new toolbar is too big, when I make it the smaller version it's blocking some of the type on the pages. The old space where this was is literally empty on the right side next to the scroll.
    Change it back PLEASE

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I was able to figure out how to get back to the more natual and organic user interface by going Menu and then selecting "Disable New Acrobat" for anyone having issues with the bad UI.
    Acrobat please ensure that users will have the ability to customize their ribbons to look like the image I have attached.
    I need to be able to remove the floating tool bar like I have done in the attached image I like a clean document field without floating tool bars that I don't need there. Also please keep the menu ribbon on the top and…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. UX design used to be to provide the best possible functional interface to allow the end user to be as productive as possible. The latest Adobe Acrobat interface flys in the face of these standards. It has moved menus, hidden functionality behind icons and in the name of looking cool or nice has ruined my productivity.

I never comment in these forums, but what you have done with the latest interface is so dysfunctional that if you worked for me I would fire the lot of you.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The Select Tool is the default tool. I never use it and have never seen a need to use it. It makes the screen turn blue and wants to select things instead of letting me drag and move around the page to review large documents. I always have to stop what I'm doing and switch to the hand tool. I am opening and managing easily over 100 PDFs a day and having to switch at every new document is frustrating and time consuming. Adding this as an option would save so much time for users that need this as their…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please allow diable of the HOME/TOOLS startup screen. I have disabled it in the preferences and it is still there on launch. This is a very unprofessional looking feature and is extremely annoying to professional users like me.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The UI for Acrobat Pro DC is absolutely horrible and non-intuitive. It actually takes me longer to do everything because I have to click into multiple areas on the screen instead of just the sidebar (e.g., to recognize text, I now have to mouse into the side bar, then move to the upper bar).

That also assumes I can find where the feature/tool now resides. I have to constantly search for it.

The Save As dialog breaks Windows user training and muscle memory because the big blue button is not “Save” or “okay” as expected. It is “Choose a Different…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please consider returning the menu option's drop down menus to black letters. The current very thin grey font, while fashionable, does look very similar to the well established 'grey = unavailable' menu entries. Especially on LCD laptop screens who's hues & tone are affected by screen tilt. Thank you

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We need to set PDFs to open in the browser, however, sometimes the user needs to edit these (such as using Fill & Sign). In this case, the user clicks Fill & Sign, and they are told to download the file and open it.

It would be far easier if the toolbar that's visible when a user opens a PDF in the browser has a simple button where they could open it in whatever app they had set as the default for PDFs (Acrobat Professional, or Reader). Perhaps a button called "Open in Acrobat"

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We pay you a subscription fee to have an app for our work, we are NOT beta testers, if we are going to test something you have to get a discount. There should be an option to remove that stupid button.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Dear Acrobat,

Please listen to customers and stop alienating them. People become dependent on your product through work. Please restore the version you threw out. You are creating unnecessary pain. Why does your company resist real feedback?

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The "new" interface in Acrobat is horrendous. Shame on every single person who helped implement this appalling design. Adobe needs to remove it entirely and actually listen to user feedback.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15.  The new layout is so different than the old that it is hampering my productivity. I thought Adobe was supposed to help users, not take away all the features that I need to see immediately when I open a PDF.
     Specifically, I need page numbers and the page up and down arrows front and center. I still don't know how to find those. I need to see at a glance if I have time to read a 5 page or 105 page document.
     Don't hamper users. Make it easy again.
     Allow users -- and tell us how to do this
    14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. This new floating, unhideable toolbar needs to go! Give me the old tools interface back. It is unfathomable to me that Adobe is just going to push out this interface with no choice for the customer. It might seem like a small change, but this appears to have been done with very little thought for the user.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. HAD MENUS SET FOR EASILY DOING WHAT I DO. AFTER THE UI CHANGE I HAVE TO SPEND A DAY RESETTING THE MENUS. HIGHLY INEFFICIENT AND A WASTE OF MY TIME. DO NOT THINK THAT ONCE I RESET MY MENUS PERFORMANCE WILL BE IMPROVED, BECAUSE AFTER THE PREVIOUS UI CHANGE THAT WAS NOT THE CASE!!! FROM THE OTHER FEEDBACKS IT IS OBVIOUS THAT ABOBE DOES NOT CONSIDER THE USER!!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The old page organizing display was much better. The images of each page were clearer and large. When I zoom in in the new format, I still can't see that page numbers. I HATE it so much and although with printed permit sets its great, when it's a digital sign and sealed document, it is impossible for me.
    Also, the toolbar I can't get rid of is terrible. Sometimes I need a screenshot or something and I can't get it because the toolbar is in the way no matter where I move it to. Why did you make all of…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Just came here to say how much I hate the new look. Pages should be on left, tools on right!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I use Adobe Pro at work. I comment and mark up blueprints for parts in the automotive industry. The update moving the menu items to a side panel was completely needless, and as you did so you removed features or hid them to where they were effectively removed. I can add text but can I change the font or color? Maybe. Can't find it though. Custom stamps to add? Good luck finding them, and when you do get your clicking finger ready. This thing is awful!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?